cjhsa

Mon 8 Dec, 2008 09:56 am
Just curious, but at least one posters here gets violent about his bike obsession. I know there are probably few critical mass douchebags here as well.

Just wondering, if you lived in a cold climate, where there's snow, as does approximately 1/3 or more of the US population, just how do you plan to get to work on snow covered roads?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 3,240 • Replies: 38
Topic Closed

cjhsa

Mon 8 Dec, 2008 10:48 am
Hmmm. (twiddling thumbs)
Cycloptichorn

Mon 8 Dec, 2008 10:59 am
@cjhsa,
http://bicycling.about.com/od/bikemaintenance/ss/tire_photos_7.htm

Snow tires work just fine and a fit person with gear can reasonably ride in any temperature above 15 degrees F.

Try using that soft, fleshy brain of yours sometimes to do some research, cj. One second of googling would have gotten your answer.

Here's a whole site about it -

http://www.icebike.org/

Yaknow what these people are thinking to themselves? What a pussy you and others who bitch about riding in the cold are.

http://www.icebike.org/images/24.jpg

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Intrepid

Mon 8 Dec, 2008 11:39 am
@cjhsa,
"There are some things that are very important about cycling in Canadian winters & that is...STAY WARM & BE AWARE! Be aware that when the radio says -5 with a windchill factor of -10, that can easily be -30 or -40 when you are soaring down a hill at 30 or 40 miles per hour! Frostbite can be very painful so cover your skin as much as possible!

A winter jacket or coat & winter shoes, that expensive cycling gear can come in very handy in the winter months. Cycling shoes & lots of layers of clothing are what you need to be comfortable & safe while bicycling in cold weather."

http://www.canadatop.com/article/Winter+Cycling+In+Canada
0 Replies

cjhsa

Mon 8 Dec, 2008 12:10 pm
You wouldn't make it 10 feet in a storm. LOFL!!!!!

Thanks for confirming what I suspected: You really don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.
Merry Andrew

Mon 8 Dec, 2008 12:14 pm
@cjhsa,
Quote:

No, no. YOU wouldn't make it 10 feet in a storm. Don't be speaking for anyone else on this site.
BillRM

Mon 8 Dec, 2008 12:17 pm
@cjhsa,
I mainly live in Miami but had been in the Detriot area for the last two weeks in fact I am at the Detriot airport now waiting for my plane but to warm weather.

In any case when I took a bike out in 22 degree weather I could not take it for more then a short ride of 6 miles or so.

Lord is 22 degrees cold when you are used to 70 to 80 degree b iking weather!
0 Replies

maporsche

Mon 8 Dec, 2008 12:21 pm
Yesterday I ran 11 miles in 3F weather, took almost 2 hours. If you're equiped properly it really isn't that bad.

If I had the proper tires on my bike, and didn't mind slowing down traffic by riding in the street (since the bike lanes are rarely plowed), I could easily manage it.
0 Replies

maporsche

Mon 8 Dec, 2008 12:28 pm
@Merry Andrew,
No kidding. I've ridden through several severe wind storms here near Chicago over the last couple of years.

Sure it's tougher/slower, but if it makes for a GREAT workout.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Mon 8 Dec, 2008 12:41 pm
@cjhsa,
cjhsa wrote:

Thanks for confirming what I suspected: You really don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.

MA is correct. You don't have any idea what you're talking about. People regularly can and do ride in snowy weather and storms.

And yes, there's some weather it's not advisable to ride in; so what? There's plenty of weather it's not advisable to drive in, either....

Maporsche is also correct; your body is more than able to provide the heat you need, if you give it enough food energy and wear the right clothes. You just need to man up, Cj. Try it this year. Might find out that you enjoy the strange feeling.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Intrepid

Mon 8 Dec, 2008 12:45 pm
@cjhsa,
Winter delivery service in Canada

http://www.peacecoffee.com/pcfg/0511/winterbiking1lrg.jpg
cjhsa

Mon 8 Dec, 2008 01:02 pm
Another reason why Canada's GNP is about the size of Rhode Island's.....

You guys are really a piece of work (or a waste thereof).
Cycloptichorn

Mon 8 Dec, 2008 01:03 pm
@cjhsa,
cjhsa wrote:

Says the guy too weak to go out in the cold...

Cycloptichorn
Merry Andrew

Mon 8 Dec, 2008 01:05 pm
@cjhsa,
You might want to check your facts, ceej. Canada's economy isn't anywhere near as close to being flushed down the toilet as the US. Their dollar is a lot stronger. GDP? Whaddaya expect? They have a population one tenth that of the USA.
Merry Andrew

Mon 8 Dec, 2008 01:08 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Ceej is a pussy, Cyclo. That's why needs to constantly remind everyone that he carries a gun and has more at home. He's terrified of everything...even snowflakes.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Mon 8 Dec, 2008 01:20 pm
Hardly. You just want to dismiss my statement of fact that cyclo's idea is a ridiculous one. If he wants to ride a bike and do so daily, fine. But he wants to tell others what they can and cannot do based on his sense of reality.

He's a pig. A democrap commie Obama pig.
cjhsa

Mon 8 Dec, 2008 01:22 pm
@Merry Andrew,
You can currently get US 79-cents on a Canadian $.

You might want to check your facts.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Mon 8 Dec, 2008 01:55 pm
@cjhsa,
cjhsa wrote:

The Bank of Canada has sharply lowered this year's growth forecast for the Canadian economy, citing spillover from the slowdown south of the border.

Thanks for your contribution.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Mon 8 Dec, 2008 01:58 pm
@cjhsa,
cjhsa wrote:

Hardly. You just want to dismiss my statement of fact that cyclo's idea is a ridiculous one. If he wants to ride a bike and do so daily, fine. But he wants to tell others what they can and cannot do based on his sense of reality.

He's a pig. A democrap commie Obama pig.

Can you point out the post in which I told you what you could or could not do, Cj? Or suggested that anyone be forced to do anything?

Just because you're too weak to do something doesn't mean that others are... people ride all winter in the US, in snowy areas, without much of a problem. You just can't see yourself nutting up and doing it and so want to dismiss the idea of anyone being able to.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Mon 8 Dec, 2008 02:01 pm
In all my years I have never witnessed a more insecure person than cjsha. That dude has some serious issues and I believe the time has come for an A2K intervention. I say we tie him up and toss him into the depths of hell and listen to his screams forevermore.