A new annoying hippy trend

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 10:29 pm
@Setanta,
Compass, or Wrangler?

I don't really look at either as an SUV. People have no clue. You could be driving a small sports car that's a pig on gas.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 10:40 pm
I haven't seen those 45MPG signs out here yet. Then again, we're the land
of Hammers, it would be redundant to put a MPG sign up there.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 04:30 pm
Saw another plate on an Escape Hybrid yesterday: ECOFRNDLY(or close).

God I wanted to punch him.
msolga

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 06:29 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
My bicycle gets 30 or 40 miles to the Clif bar and emits no pollution. I'm morally superior to all those asshole wanna-bes Laughing

Yes, but you don't wear that incredibly visually offensive black stretchy riders' gear, do you? An aesthetic blot on the landscape, I tell you! Razz Wink
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 11:05 pm
@Slappy Doo Hoo,
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:

Saw another plate on an Escape Hybrid yesterday: ECOFRNDLY(or close).

God I wanted to punch him.

Why? I think this is pretty revealing actually.

Cycloptichorn
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 11:06 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Quote:
My bicycle gets 30 or 40 miles to the Clif bar and emits no pollution. I'm morally superior to all those asshole wanna-bes Laughing

Yes, but you don't wear that incredibly visually offensive black stretchy riders' gear, do you? An aesthetic blot on the landscape, I tell you! Razz Wink

Sometimes, though I'd like to think that it's not that offensive when you're fit.

But, most of my gear has an outer layer - I do a lot of mountain biking and it's not cool to run into a bush with tights on.

Cycloptichorn
msolga

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 11:13 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
Sometimes...

Shocked

Eeeeeeek!

Wink

0 Replies

plantress

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 05:30 pm
bumper sticker
"compost happens"
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 12:54 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Sure is revealing...that the driver is an obnoxious douchebag.

And there's no such thing as an eco-friendly car that uses gas.

It's all relative. When cars are getting 100mpg, his Escape that gets 30 isn't very friendly anymore.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 01:37 pm
@Slappy Doo Hoo,
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:

Sure is revealing...that the driver is an obnoxious douchebag.

And there's no such thing as an eco-friendly car that uses gas.

It's all relative. When cars are getting 100mpg, his Escape that gets 30 isn't very friendly anymore.

Funny, I think something else entirely is being revealed. WTF do you care if someone wants to put a word on their car? It doesn't affect you. You ought to question where the strong emotions you are feeling come from; my guess is it's a lot easier to direct your anger towards others than examine why you get so angry in the first place.

Cycloptichorn
Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 01:50 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I'm not angry, nor was I angry when I saw it. I'm calling him out on his douchebaggery, there's a difference. The whole thing is obnoxious, but I don't care either way what the hell people put on their cars.

And before you bring it up, no I didn't really want to punch him.

Thanks for the psychological analysis though.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 01:55 pm
@Slappy Doo Hoo,
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:

I'm not angry, nor was I angry when I saw it. I'm calling him out on his douchebaggery, there's a difference. The whole thing is obnoxious, but I don't care either way what the hell people put on their cars.

And before you bring it up, no I didn't really want to punch him.

Thanks for the psychological analysis though.

Angry, obnoxious - splitting hairs. My guess is that there is some underlying reason you feel the way you do, as that's the case in about oh 99% of human situations. But, it's no big deal either way. Like I said earlier, us bicyclists smoke all of ya'll when it comes to eco-friendly travel.

Cycloptichorn
Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 10:37 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Well, I was skull-raped by a hybrid once.

Yes, bicyclists can tout the eco-friendly badge. Hybrid drivers can't.
0 Replies

A Lone Voice

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 07:06 pm
As long as the cyclist moves out of my way on my rural farm road as I'm tooling along on business in my non eco-friendly vehicle.

Can't tell you the number of obnoxious yuppies who have moved into the nearby suburbs and decide to take bike rides through farm and dairy country.

Great ride, but you don't own the road, numbnuts. And why, when they slow me down to 20 mph and I honk, they get pissed?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 08:54 pm
@A Lone Voice,
A Lone Voice wrote:

As long as the cyclist moves out of my way on my rural farm road as I'm tooling along on business in my non eco-friendly vehicle.

Can't tell you the number of obnoxious yuppies who have moved into the nearby suburbs and decide to take bike rides through farm and dairy country.

Great ride, but you don't own the road, numbnuts. And why, when they slow me down to 20 mph and I honk, they get pissed?

You don't own the road any more than they; their riding on those roads are no more obnoxious than your usage of them.

I agree, sharing is key. I can't vouch for the behavior of other riders, but I always make way for automobiles. Safer that way.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies