A new annoying hippy trend

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 03:01 pm
Advertising their vehicle's mpg on their car.

Numerous firsthand accounts. Dork driving a little Honda Fit, with piece of paper taped to the inside of the window, large font, "45 MPG," a Corolla on the highway the other day with sticker-letters across the trunk, "40 miles per gallon," f'n VANITY PLATES. On seperate Toyota Prius's, "ISAVGAS," and "MPG."

Is there seriously ANY point to this, other than inviting me to run you and your latte into a guardrail?

Do you, or anybody you know, do this? Can we please make it socially acceptable to throw eggs at these people? Please?

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 03:07 pm
@Slappy Doo Hoo,
since when do you need to conform to what's socially acceptable? live it up!
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 03:28 pm
@Slappy Doo Hoo,
What Dasha said. Live it up. I certainly don't personally know any of these people. If I did, I'd cut them dead, as they used to say in the jet set. That's even more annoying than the "Baby on Board" signs you see in car windows. What? I'm gonna change my driving style because you've got a baby on board? That's your lookout, bitch. Why tell me about it?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 05:03 pm
@Slappy Doo Hoo,
Yeah, I've seen a person around here a few times who drives a Prius with the plate "LESSGAS."
H2O MAN

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 06:30 pm
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:

Yeah, I've seen a person around here a few times who drives a Prius with the plate "LESSGAS."

A local Prius drivers tag reads "HALFGAS."

0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 07:56 pm
@Slappy Doo Hoo,
Young people like you, Slappy, can't remember Hippies. True Hippies would have had anti-nuclear-power stickers on their cars.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 08:56 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:
True Hippies would have had anti-nuclear-power stickers on their cars.

have, not would have had

have
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 10:05 pm
@Thomas,
You're right. Which makes it that much more logical to flamethrow these wannabe hippie retards.

Baby on Board signs? How about...SHOW DOG ON BOARD! Yes, I saw this. I swear, I was so tempted to cut this person off. (which, I may have done a little bit with one of the above mentioned people in my original post).
curtis73

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 03:23 am
@Slappy Doo Hoo,
I had a 73 Impala Station wagon with a seriously built 454 under the hood. My license plate read 8MPG... and that was on the highway.

But when you're making 500 hp and 550 lb-ft of torque from gasoline, caring about fuel economy is pretty pointless Smile
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 04:32 am
@Slappy Doo Hoo,
Yeah? You think you're too cool for signs and vanity plates and bumper stickers? Well someone needs to get through to the thick headed spoiled rotten younger generations that saving the planet might be a good idea, ya bunch of brats!

Cut me off again and I'll ram your ass!! You know why? 'Cause I'm older and I've not only got more insurance, I've also got more excuses for not having seen how close you were.

(Oops. I forgot about the whole peace and love thing there for a moment!)
Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 05:15 am
Who gives a flying flip about someone's gas mileage.????
I suppose that these folks have a need to feel noble, while sticking it to other people up the butt.

The bumper sticker that pisses me off is the one which proclaims that "I have an honor student at Warren G Harding H.S." or something inane like that.

So you raised a good, smart kid. So what do you want, a medal? That was what you were SUPPOSED to do when you became a parent!
shewolfnm

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 06:50 am
@Phoenix32890,
When I see those stickers , I actually feel sorry for the parents .. just a weeee bit.
American schools rank VERY low compared to numerous other countries and even with in our walls, our kids rank even lower then that.

To me, it screams " I have an average kid" Honor roll in school , to me, shows what SHOULD BE a -basic aptitude- in elementary. Hell, even I can color in the lines. Lets talk about those grades once they hit college eh? Laughing
cjhsa

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 06:50 am
Mine simply says "**** you and drive safely".
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 07:09 am
@squinney,
squinney wrote:

(Oops. I forgot about the whole peace and love thing there for a moment!)

Bad hippie. No pot for you.. !

---

Those MPG things are some what popular here too. But we have nothing but fart sniffing granola crunching wanna be eco friendly because they dont eat , vegans here too. They are annoying little bastards. These are not people who eat for 'health' they DONT eat because it is the new trend.
They ride around in overpriced vehicles that get a whopping 40-45 mpg and think because they decided to fork out an extra 10,000 on a vehicle only worth 1/2 that, they are saving the environment.
they tote their starving asses around to over lit, energy wasting stores, buy excessive products and generate more trash then a family of four .they DO nothing but shop, throw away , and shop some more. They live in excess , purchasing and promoting destruction, slavery, and pollution across the globe because they dont pay attention to the big picture.. just themselves. They buy thousands of dollars in diamonds( a clear rock for christs sake) that are pulled from the earth by raped men/women, child slaves and people who were killed because they are 'too slow'.. they purchase so called organic clothing that is made by slaves in the middle east, and wear shoes produced by children who were sold / stolen/ or born into slavery...and just like a caged lab rat, run laps around their home just to ward off some boredom.
The real environmentally friendly movements that will impact the earth are not about one person owning a prius because they have too much money and dont know what to do with it. But you cant explain that to them. Their designer jeans are too tight and cut off blood to the brain.

Yay!! 45mpg! WEEEEEeeeeeeeee
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 07:30 am
So many times i've seen those goofy clowns with the "Baby on board" signs driving at excessive speed and driving unsafely, cutting people off and constantly changing lanes. I guess the idea is "i'm not driving in a manner consistent with assuring the safety of my baby, so i need you to do it."
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 07:34 am
@shewolfnm,
Yes, and talking to some friends of mine who are teachers, they said schools want to drop the "honor roll," because it seperates kids who fail to make it.

And...?

It's called reality.

One friend knows an accounting manager, who had to take a class on how the newer crop of college grads are used to be rewarded for everything. With this mentality, you don't punish or downtalk negative behavior, you just reward for good. The manager's company laid off some entry-level employees, and one of said employee's parents called the company to complain.

Simply put, I hate people.
boomerang

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 08:01 am
I have a pair of shoes that say (infinity symbol)MPG.

Beat that ya lazy hippies!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 08:11 am
@Slappy Doo Hoo,
http://www.dukemagazine.duke.edu/dukemag/issues/010207/images/lg_27helicopters.jpg
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 08:37 am
I have a "Marijuana On Board" sign on my car. I keep getting pulled over though.....
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 08:47 am
@Phoenix32890,
The bumper sticker I like is one I've seen on some pickup trucks around here:

My kid can beat the crap out of your Honor Roll student
0 Replies