nhowitt

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 08:45 am
Does anyone know if you can freeze brownies make from scratch after they are baked?

View best answer, chosen by nhowitt
Phoenix32890
  Selected Answer

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 09:03 am
@nhowitt,
Quote:
Brownies freeze nicely. If stored individually, wrap in plastic wrap (saran wrap because it's the only non permeable plastic wrap on the market) and then in foil. Place in an airtight bag.

If freezing a whole pan of brownies, I first place the brownies in their pan in the freezer to harden. I remove the entire brownie block from the pan, wrap in plastic wrap (saran wrap because it's the only non permeable plastic wrap on the market) and then in foil. I then place in airtight bag and freeze.

http://www.baking911.com/cookies/brownies.htm

BTW, Welcome to A2K! Very Happy
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 09:12 am
@nhowitt,
Yes, you can.

The only thing that I'd do differently from Phoenix' suggestion is that I don't like to let plastic wrap touch any food made with animal fats - which brownies usually contain. I use wax paper under the plastic wrap, then foil, then usually put the whole thing into a larger plastic container (box or bag).
Cotmweasele

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 06:26 pm
of course you can
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 06:31 pm
i don't like my brownies made from scratch

i like my brownies made with pot

Twisted Evil

0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 08:41 pm
You can freeze just about anything. It may not be exactly like it was before you froze it, but there is no better method of food preservation (as long as you can maintain the freeze).
0 Replies

foodGobbler

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 02:57 am
@ehBeth,
yup thats what i do
0 Replies