St. Bernard/Lab Mix Pups

Dakotah Dan

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2010 03:05 am
I will complete adoption tomorrow for a pup that is puportedly a Labrador/German Shepherd mix. She came out of a dog hoarding situation. Her mom is a German Shepherd I am told. The father of the pups is anyones guess. Her male sib looks mostly shepherd. Her two sisters look mostly lab. While she seems to have St Bernard markings, although seems to be the same size as her sibs, she is bigger chested. Here is her photo on perfinder: http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/16156402?rvp=1
Let me know what you think.
0 Replies

AnonaMs

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2010 03:27 pm
@ReneeCB9192,
Labranard in Michigan ????

Please help. We are at this time seeking a male pup for my soon to be 11 year old son. He is an only child and this will be his first dog.
At this time we are thinking of a Labranard... or Golden mixed with a large calm breed like a Saint Bernard, Newf, Great Pyrenee, or English Mastiff.
Do you have any male pups like this ?

Respectfully,
Michelle Hollis
Canton, Michigan, U.S.A.
0 Replies

AnonaMs

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2010 03:29 pm
@spencermm,
Hello,

Do you still have any male pups ???

Respectfully,
Michelle in Canton, Michigan
0 Replies

bamagirl33

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 06:32 pm
@spencermm,
if you still have those pups i would love to purchase one. Ive been looking for one since dec.
0 Replies

bridgett

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2011 02:54 pm
@shyblonde,
i have 2 st bernard and lab mix they are now 3 yrs old. they are beautiful, loving and great with my grandchildren. i would be lost without them.
0 Replies

bridgett

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2011 03:06 pm
@pupiendogs,
she is beautiful. i have 2 st bernard mix with lab maggie andMollie. mom was st bernard dad lab. they are 120 and 140 pds. I love them sooo much..
0 Replies

Ellamae

Reply Fri 20 May, 2011 08:15 am
@maporsche,
I had a St Bernard/Lab mix named Buddy. He was awesome with my children and was friendly to other animals. He was intimdating because of his size and that was all that was needed to be our protector. He died in 1999. He lived for 12 years which is a long time for such a big dog. We were very lucky to have had him in our family and we miss him still. He was the definition of "Gentle Giant."
0 Replies

Lillygra1

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 03:15 pm
@Green Witch,
I have a black lab/st bernard mix. The mom was a full blooded st bernard. Lilly has the body type of a st bernard but a black coat with a white chest. She's well tempered and very calm and loves to go for 4 wheeler rides. She's the best dog I think I've ever had.
0 Replies

jusmedjh

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2011 02:19 pm
@shyblonde,
Don't have any experience,but I just got a puppy st.Bernard mom and black lab dad.Please let me know if you got one or how its going.My email is [email protected] Thanks Donna
0 Replies

diggsdpf

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2012 06:10 pm
@shyblonde,
Four years later, I stumble upon your posting. Hope you found a st bernard lab mix. I got one from a shelter in 2005. Named her Keely (115lbs). Best dog on the planet. Very playful and loves the snow and snuggling. She is very smart and always finds little snacks (critters) when I take her on walks in the mountains. One time she brought me a bunny in her mouth. I put it back in its nest. She is very protective of my wife and loves to wrestle. However, not a hunting dog and she hates human arguements. We have a zuchon (17lbs) and all they do is play and sleep together. Keely is turning 8 now so I hope she lives a lot longer.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2012 08:23 pm
@diggsdpf,
Nice post, diggs, welcome to a2k.
kk4jas

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2012 07:02 am
@ossobuco,
I too am looking for a female st bernard/lab mix puppy. I am in lower Michigan area. If anyone knows of any around Michigan please e-mail [email protected]
0 Replies

Dawn Gray

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 01:08 pm
@shyblonde,
Just to let you know I just lost my beloved smokey bear to cancer within 8 days. very devastaing. He was a St bernard Lab mix, and the smartest and best dog I have ever had throughout my 50 years of owning dogs. Mother was a saint, and father was we are almost sure blond lab,. He looked like a small black bear when he was a pup some say a big headed black lab. However, the best of the best!!! You are more than welcome to look at pictures of him on facebook.
0 Replies

chaseengel87

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2012 08:01 am
@shyblonde,
I have a male st. bernard/black lab mix named Bernie (father was bernard, mother black lab). He's 2 yrs old. I picked him out over 9 other puppies in the litter from my neighbor's house when he was only 1 week. He is on the smaller side (a very lean 85 pounds). Bernie has the colors/markings and face of a st. bernard. His coat is on the short side. What I have learned with him is that you are going to get a good blend of both the lab and bernard personality: usually mellow, gentle, overly affectionate and playful. I have owned some wonderful dogs in my life (choco lab, golden retriever, austr cattle dog), but Bernie is by far the sweetest, loving, and most gentle dog I have ever had. He is so loyal to me, and will never leave my side. It's almost as if the only goal he has in life is to please me and get as much attention as possible. He is great around children, and picks up rather quickly on things that he is not supposed to do (he would rather die than chew on something that doesn't belong to him). I would say that there are only two difficulties to owning a dog like this. First, a lot of open space is needed. Second, you are going to need a large bathtub for when he needs a cleaning. That's about it! Overall, perhaps the best pet I have ever had.
0 Replies

lovedogs

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2013 10:17 am
Hi! i'm new on here. I have a 1 year old st. Bernard/lab mix. He is wonderful.
I also have a apple head Chihuahua ,daushound/Chihuahua mix and a black lab and a black lab pit mix. I also have 3 cats. My Bernard lab mix gets along with everyone. He loves kids of all ages. I'm not sure what he weighs now, but he is apporaxmatley 2 and half feet tall. I have owned several different kids of dogs over the years and I love this breed the best as far as a very good natured family dog. His mom was a chocolate lab and his dad a st. Bernard.

0 Replies

beckamsmith

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2013 01:22 pm
@pupiendogs,
I adopted a dog that looks like your dogs twin. We think he is around 5 years old.
He is the sweetest most loving dog I have ever been around and the description of your dog is amazingly the same.
I'd like to show you a picture of my dog, but Im not sure how to do that on this site.
Can you email me and I'll do it that way?
my email address is [email protected].
thanks,
Rebecca Smith
0 Replies

Annette675

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2014 11:20 am
@shyblonde,
They are very loyal. I had a boy St. Bernard/ lab . My son had some puppy. and when Duke was about 9 mos old, and he watch over the puppy like they was his.
As the puppy got older they follow him everywhere. St. Bernard / lab is a very good mix breed and very loyal to the owner too.
0 Replies

char 64

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 10:02 am
@shyblonde,
WE ADOPTED 2 SISTERS, ONE IS ST BERNARD/LAB MIX, THE OTHER
LOOKS LIKE ST BERNARD/AMERICAN BULLDOG MIX. WE LOVE THEM
DEARLY. THE LAB MIX LOOKS LIKE A ST BERNARD(MOTHER), SHE
IS 5 MOS OLD AND WEIGHS 56 LBS RIGHT NOW. THEY BOTH HAVE
DIFFERENT PERSONALITIES. I WOULD RECOMMEND THEM HIGHLY.
NAMED THEM MINNIE & PEARL.
0 Replies