St. Bernard/Lab Mix Pups

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2008 08:31 pm
After losing my very beloved dog to old age in early November, I'm ready for another one ... or two to be exact. On Sunday, I'm picking up 2 nine week old St. Bernard/Lab mix puppies. I've researched the mix online but thought it would be fun to see if anyone here has had any personal experience with that particular combination. The father is a St. Bernard and the mother is a yellow lab.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 32 • Views: 60,537 • Replies: 37
No top replies

maporsche

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2008 08:32 pm
@shyblonde,
I have 2 labs...great dogs.

Let's see some pics.
Green Witch

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2008 08:44 pm
I had to Google an image and found someone with Labranards. I would think this is a really good mix, but I have no experience with it.

http://labranard.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/roxie_puppy_8wks-430x321.jpg
farmerman

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2008 09:30 pm
Or you could call them A Bernardor. Labranard, Bernador. Hmmmm.

You say Tomahto.

Pure bred Bernards have been showing some meanness in recent years. The usually laid back Giant has shown a mean streak like German shorthair pointers normally act. Theyve become in some cases, a one person dog with more primitive aspects of packism.
Maybe the mixing will make a dog with a more sedate personality.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2008 11:08 pm
@shyblonde,
I had that combo one time many years ago -- early 1970s, I believe. Half black Lab, half St. Bernard bitch. She had a very sweet disposition, friendly dog. But talk about dumb. I couldn't housebreak her to save my soul. As long as I remembered to have newspapers on the floor in the kitchen, it worked out okay for a while.
0 Replies

mel mel

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 07:01 pm
@shyblonde,
If your pups are anything like our Mojo who died last year at 14, you will be the happiest dog owner in the world. I am looking for the same mix again. Mojo was the most faithful, true blue, guardian and friend. We miss him so much.

We only need one, so if you only need one, let us know!
Labranard Mommy

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2009 10:56 pm
@shyblonde,
Sorry for your loss.
We have 2 labranards- 5 and almost 2. This is the most amazing mix out there. They are so precious and cuddly. They are great with kids- they let our kids dress them up, brush their teeth, etc. They love to snuggle and both sleep in our bed! Good luck with your pups- you will love them!!
0 Replies

drconsolidated

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 03:33 pm
@shyblonde,
These have to be some of the best dogs ever. I found a stray who turned out to still be a pup, about 9 months old according to the vet, but he's almost 90 pounds. He is the sweetest most gentle dog I've ever met and extremely well-behaved. They are a calm but playful breed. Webster, as I have named him, is very intelligent and picks up on what he is and is not supposed to do very quickly. He amazed me so much that I fell in love with him, so after having no luck finding his owners I decided to keep him instead of finding a home for him.
0 Replies

jprince13

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 09:26 pm
@mel mel,
I have a St Bernard Bitch that got impregnated by a beautiful very large choclate lab. The puppies are due in about 1 week.I am expecting 7 pups if you are interested email me at [email protected]
kayers

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 10:41 am
@mel mel,
My black lab gave birth to 8 puppies almost 2 weeks ago the father is a St. Bernard, they are gorgeous, 3 black, 4 yellow/tan, 1 ivory. 2 males and 6 females my email is [email protected] if you might be interested in one in about 4 to 5 weeks.
0 Replies

Bernie man

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2009 12:35 pm
@shyblonde,
I have a 2 1/2 year old St Bernard/Lab mix...Bernie..lol...he's great!!! I would say the best dog I've ever seen.He's 152 lbs.and is as gentle as they come.He loves kids,and lot's of affection . Everywhere... and I mean everywhere..I go with Bernie..people stop and ask what mix he is....how much does he weigh? and he's the most handsome dog I've ever seen.. I like big dogs...so I think if you're going to get one ...make sure the mother is the St Bernard, then you'll get a big friendly lab.I'm sure many people have the mix (the other way) and would beg to differ..but as I say ..I like a big dog. Bernie's mom ..like I said was the St Bernard 135 lbs and his dad a 82 lbs golden Lab.. All of the pups are black(with white feet)6 boys...2 girls all are now in the 120...155 lbs range...BEST DOG EVER!!!! Can't go wrong!!!! get one!! I wish I could post a pic of him here? anyone know how?
0 Replies

Bernie man

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2009 12:45 pm
@jprince13,
yes!! I'm very interested in one of those.have one already...want another.Mine is Bernie...155lbs..all black(with white feet,and patch on chest) mother is StBernard...dad..yellow Lab.love to see pics.where you located?
0 Replies

pupiendogs

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 08:06 pm
I know this post is old, but I just came across it. We just adopted a St. Bernard mix last week, we think she's mixed with lab. She is the sweetest thing ever, when we were at the shelter, she put her head on my lap in the viewing room <3 She sits when I have the leash to put on her, she doesn't bark much, she's calmer than we hoped (We wanted a mix of calm and hyper) she doesn't like playing with toys or anything. She's full grown, a little skinny, weighs 62lbs. So she's a decent sized dog. Not as big as some other breeds though which is good with me! http://i878.photobucket.com/albums/ab341/pupiendogs/blizzard10078.jpg there's a picture of her
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 08:52 pm
@pupiendogs,
She's just darling, pupiendogs, and I am sure you'll be very happy with her.
What a sweet dog!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 05:38 am
@pupiendogs,
Ooooh such a face ....
0 Replies

ReneeCB9192

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2010 06:38 pm
@shyblonde,
We have three St. Bernard/Yellow Lab dogs and they are the best dogs we've owned by a long shot. Great with kids and extremely kindhearted! We rescued ours and they were extremely timid when we first got them, but after showing them some love they grew to be open to all new people! They do shed and drool a lot though! Great dogs though, highly recommend them!
AnonaMs

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 09:29 am
Seeking male Saint Bernard / Lab puppy. ( or Golden / Saint ).
Does anyone know where I can find such a puppy ? My son is 10 and is an only child and needs a puppy. We live in Michigan ( Wayne County ).
Please let me know if you have puppies now or will in the near future.
Thanks !!!
spencermm

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2010 05:26 pm
@AnonaMs,
We have some...in Wellsboro,PA. They are 3 weeks tomorrow. 6 girls and 3 boys. If you don't find any closer. View on You tube ...Black labranard Emma's Puppies.
AnonaMs

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2010 09:51 am
@spencermm,
Hello,

I just came across your reply to my post :

Do you still have any male pups ?

Respectfully,
Michelle in Michigan

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I am seeking a Saint Bernard / Lab mixed puppy for my son who will be 11 and is an only child. He wants a Saint / Lab or Saint / Golden puppy very badly.

Do you have a male pup ?

Respectfully,
Michelle in Michigan
0 Replies

princessreneed

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 05:26 pm
@ReneeCB9192,
we have the same names! Very Happy my name is Renee too!
0 Replies