The era of White Guilt is over

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 07:47 am
I really don't need all this attention from you two... truly....come on girls...I'm
almost preening.... go back to blowing one another...
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 08:14 am
@Phoenix32890,
Good work Phoenix ! I assumed the lying son of a gun (hal) wrote it himself.
I did not supply the link ( http://halturnershow.blogspot.com/2008/11/era-of-white-guilt-is-over.html ) because there are some very racist comments posted on his blog, so beware. Damn, as well as being racist he's also a liar !

I'm going with Andrew, I think he's right.
Diest TKO

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 05:04 pm
@Zippo,
damn!

I followed the link back and read some of the comments. Holy **** these people are crazy!

here's a mild one...

Quote:
I've never felt any "White Guilt".
My WHITE race is superior. The mud people of the world know this and hate us for it. Whites are looking at shitskins a little different these days. Let them earn their way and see how far they get.

That's some crazy ****...
K
O
Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 12:49 am
@Diest TKO,
Quote:
That's some crazy ****...

The world is full of some crazy people, TKO. I've started checking to make sure my door is locked before I go to bed at night.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 11:56 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Who ever suffered from White Guilt?

A teeny tiny segment of misguided but generous souls.

The people who objected to the notion that they, personally, had anything to regret for the vile days of America slavery sure didn't suffer from White Guilt.

The people who insist that those who they believe should feel guilt certain don't fee guilt themselves.

Liberals are all too happy to insist that those who don't agree with them bear guilt --- but not them personally.

0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2008 04:43 pm
Personally, I believe the term "White guilt" is a red herring. It is letting the country off the hook, so to speak, for the atrocity of slavery. The "correct" emotion for the atrocity of slavery, amongst Whites, in my opinion, should be "White shame." Notice how few people from the background of a group that perpetratrated atrocities ever feel shame. The one person that specifically did refer to "shame" was Eisenhower when he came to see the death camps after WWII. He stated he felt shame (since Eisenhower is a name of German descent). It takes a four star general to admit to shame? In my mind that may be a telling statement about many who prefer not to talk about shame, but rather guilt. Perhaps, the reason is because one can fake guilt (being a sort of cerebral statement), but shame is obvious, if it is sincere, in my opinion.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2008 05:11 pm
I think most impoverished people would rather things be done about their situation than simply having people feel bad.

When my grandparent's got a check for $7000.00 for being put in interment camps, they tore it up. They would have preferred a proactive look at the camps and not a retroactive one. They get some check after decades? After their friends and parents had died?

Foofie, I agree with what you say about "guilt" versus "shame." I think shame is the more sincere emotion. However, I'd add that sometimes guilt is the right thing for some to feel if they know something is wrong yet they participate or are complacent about it.

T
K
O
Foofie

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2008 11:58 am
@Diest TKO,
Diest TKO wrote:

I think most impoverished people would rather things be done about their situation than simply having people feel bad.

When my grandparent's got a check for $7000.00 for being put in interment camps, they tore it up. They would have preferred a proactive look at the camps and not a retroactive one. They get some check after decades? After their friends and parents had died?

Foofie, I agree with what you say about "guilt" versus "shame." I think shame is the more sincere emotion. However, I'd add that sometimes guilt is the right thing for some to feel if they know something is wrong yet they participate or are complacent about it.

T
K
O

Let us not broach the emotion of "remorse." I rarely hear anyone admitting to remorse. Have you ever read of remorseful Germans? Remorseful Whites?

The problem with guilt, I believe, is it can be admitted without feelings of shame or remorse; perhaps, often an empty statement.

I feel shame and remorse for what happened to Japanese Americans (actually just Americans like anyone else; no hyphen really needed, I believe). Not to say my emotions, in this regard, are better than anyone else's, it is just that too few people, I believe get beyond "admitting" guilt. Admitting guilt can be a very austere emotion; sort of like hospital green walls.
Diest TKO

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2008 02:28 pm
@Foofie,
however, we digress.

The problem I have with this article and the ideas in it is that it declares the end of an era. The era of racial struggle is not defined by the guilt/remorse/shame or whites. The era is defined by the struggle of those who have had to endure. How whites feel about these struggles is irrelevant to declaring that it's over.

The article wasn't about telling whites to feel better, it was about telling blacks that they have no more ability to claim injustice. It was about telling Asians, Hispanics, Arabs, and Native Americans that they... wait... oh yeah, it didn't tell them anything. It was just rhetoric to try to promote a reversal in social uprise of African Americans.

"White Guilt" is a Red Herring. White supremacy is the wolf in sheep's clothing here.

T
K
O
0 Replies