My Aunt Died Last Night

Blickers

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 06:50 pm
So sorry to read this. At least you have the memories of her forever.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 07:02 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I'm late to respond. My aunt, that is, the woman my uncle married on his second marriage maneuver, and the man my aunt married on her second attempt..
was a light in my life, perhaps more so than in my cousins' lives - they had to deal with her for something like 60 plus years - she bore my older cousin at 40 and the younger was adopted a few years later. I have heard that I was conceived while my parents were staying at the aunt and uncle's house to help out for about a month.

What, and so what. I didn't have your childhood, bear. I did have an aunt who was vital to me, who died approaching 101. Sparky wit near to the end.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 07:07 pm
missed this thread, sorry for your loss bear, your aunt sounds like a pretty cool women
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 07:11 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Rest in peace, Miss Natalie.

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 07:19 pm
@ehBeth,
Yes, rest in peace, Miss Natalie.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 07:36 pm
sorry man
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 08:53 pm
My thoughts are with you, Steve. JPB put it beautifully, your aunt's soul stays here to be with you and her other loved ones as you all get on with your life.

That's one of the amazing things about love--no matter how far apart, even in death, love never dies.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 09:08 pm
@cjhsa,
Quote:
I really don't think her ghost is here voting down my epitataph.

What's an epitataph? Sounds like it should get voted down, whatever it is.
CalamityJane

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 09:15 pm
I am sorry for your loss, Bear.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 09:32 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

So sorry Bear. I do believe there is a heaven with all my heart, and be assured your loved one is there.

Couldn't have said it better.

May you find peace and comfort in all those wonderful memories. ( Hugs for the bear family )
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 09:36 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Quote:
These are times when I want to believe there is a Heaven.

There is, and your aunt is there. The problem with communications is temporary.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
shewolfnm

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 09:59 pm
Oh Bear. Im sorry to hear this. Im sorry that you have to go through this.

but .. Sending a thank you to Natalie.. for helping make you the person you are.
She did a good job Smile
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 10:22 pm
My sympathies, Bear.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 10:58 pm
Bear,
Sorry to hear of this great loss.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 01:00 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

This was my father's sister...raised me as much as anyone did since my real parents couldn't be bothered. She was a well loved and respected figure everywhere and by everyone. Worked for Babcock & Wilcox for many years in a high position with security. Virtually ran a big church in Lynchburg. President of the Altrusa club. Active in all her son's sporting activities. Smart as a whip, inquisitive and kind to a fault. Also tough as nails having to deal with 3 headstrong boys all the time. Served the Red Cross overseas in WWII. she passed away last night in her sleep. She was not sick, she was not senile...she was just very old.

These are times when I want to believe there is a Heaven.

I could write a book about her good qualities and positive anecdotes.

I would be hard pressed to fill a page with negative ones if I could even do it.

R.I.P. Natalie Lampman

Please accept my condolences, Bear.

I 'm sorry to hear about your parents' neglect.

Insofar as Heaven is concerned,
having discussed the matter with fairly numerous people
who have died, thay usually don 't wanna come back,
unless thay have a particular reason (usually about raising a kid).
Thay appear to like it better where thay r
and of those who came back thay r not afraid to die again.

www.IANDS.org

David
Diest TKO

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 01:20 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
It sounds like she went peacefully. From your description of her, it seems she accomplished everything she wanted. I'd offer you my condolence, but I think what I have to offer is a certain degree of envy. If I can live such a life and die in such a peaceful way having left my life legacy to my loved ones, I'll be more than happy.

What more can we ask in life?

All the same, I know it's hard to lose someone this significant.

T
K
O
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 06:28 am
@OmSigDAVID,
David I have been up that "tunnel of light " and seen the "other side" a couple of times in my life.... most recently when I was so sick a few years ago... it was a neutral place..neither joyous or frightening... I have described it to squinney as being in a tunnel that was hung top to bottom with thick wet gauze....a real pain in the ass to navigate through...this last time I remember thinking whatever, but I heard family members and felt I needed to be in my hospital room where they were....but I'm not so self centered believe it or not as to think that's what brought me back. I do not wish to die. I personally think that God, and I know believing in God puts me in the unenlightened category....I don't care... allows us to live until we come to grips with the inevitability of death and lose our fear of it....or if seeing we're never going to get it just takes us by surprise.

I continue working on coming to terms with it but I can't imagine the advantage of being dead.
eoe

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 08:33 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Same here. I'm still working on that too.

My mother was a spiritual woman all her life but her illness took its' toll on her mentally as well and she didn't know what was happening to her those final days. She thought that she would get well and it broke my heart to see her, a woman who would have faced death splendidly, confused and not at peace. I told her not to be afraid and she seemed to relax some"perhaps she even realized it then" but that just wasn't the way for Mama to go. Not a woman who often talked of acceptance and the need to be ready to face your Maker when the time comes.

You just never know how the ******* dice are gonna land.
0 Replies