Nude Pics in Phone Lost at McDonald's Get Online

edgarblythe

Mon 24 Nov, 2008 05:54 am
@Butrflynet,
The origin of online photos can be traced. I don't think that would work.
gungasnake

Mon 24 Nov, 2008 07:22 pm
The guy's got no case as far as I can tell unless he wants to try to sue God for making him an idiot.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Mon 24 Nov, 2008 07:32 pm
@edgarblythe,
kinko's
0 Replies

Rockhead

Mon 24 Nov, 2008 07:49 pm
@edgarblythe,
anonymous is easy enough, if that's what your goal is, ed.
0 Replies

Blickers

Tue 25 Nov, 2008 05:20 pm
If you go into a store, in the course of shopping end up in an argument with an employee there, and he ends up punching you in the face, is it just the store's employee who is liable?

We all know the jury will put the owner on the hook as well.

I don't see how this is any different. If the employee acts badly to a customer while on duty and there is real damage, the owner has to bear responsibility.

In a franchise situation, whether the responsibility goes all the way up to corporate headquarters in a city far away, or stops at the franchise owner of that particular store, I cannot say. But the notion that the store owner escapes responsibility by saying, "Hey that punch was just something that happened between my employee and the customer-I'm not involved at all" is not going to work.

If it can be verified that the store employee retrieved the phone, the store is responsible. Not sure about corporate headquarters, but the store for sure.
Foxfyre

Tue 25 Nov, 2008 05:58 pm
@Blickers,
A smart attorney will name everybody--the employee who guaranteed the phone was secure, the manager, the franchise owner, the franchise, and anybody else who might have any kind of involvement in the situation.

And no attorney will take the case without believing there's a case there.
jespah

Tue 25 Nov, 2008 06:11 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:
A smart attorney will name everybody--the employee who guaranteed the phone was secure, the manager, the franchise owner, the franchise, and anybody else who might have any kind of involvement in the situation.

And no attorney will take the case without believing there's a case there.

It may very well be legal malpractice to not name everyone.
0 Replies

kickycan

Sat 29 Nov, 2008 09:51 am
Still no pics posted here? What the hell! This thread sucks!
0 Replies