Justice....Just A Little Goes A Long Way

chai2

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 11:46 am
@Thomas,
I watched the other video, where Bush shook everyone's hand beforehand, but, I still think the "line up" video is strange.

So what if he had shaken their hands before?

Wouldn't it have been natural for everyone to have shaken hands again?

I'd like to see a view of that video from further back, to see if other people were not shaking hands either.
Thomas

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 12:05 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
Wouldn't it have been natural for everyone to have shaken hands again?

Maybe so, but etiquette isn't about being natural. It's about protocol. And if the diplomatic protocol says that you greet your fellow heads of state once a day, when you first meet them, then that's what you do. I don't know the rules of the diplomatic protocol. But for what it's worth, CNN's explanation is consistent with the greeting protocol between soldiers that I learned back in the army.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 12:05 pm
@chai2,
Agree. Even if he had seen everyone earlier one on one, had no one else seen each other? Everyone else was shaking hands as they went through the line. Are they saying none of them had just greeted each other behind the curtain before coming out for the group photo? I don't think so.

I think it's a pretty lame attempt at spin.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 12:07 pm
@sozobe,
The clip was real, but the audio track, and its attribution to CNN, was a hoax.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 12:21 pm
@H2O MAN,
I will...and feast on the blood of your children....
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 06:10 pm
The one thing I will fully enjoy over the next four years is to watch the reactions of Bush-Haters to the inevitable Obama-Haters.

Yes, now you will all say you'll be able to take it, but we will see, and I will be there to remind you when you protest lame and insulting attacks on our new president.

I know there's a difference: Bush is evil and Obama is Light personified. Bush supporters are wrong and Obama supporters are right. Bush-Haters are patriots and Obama-Haters are racists.

Keep telling yorselves that folks.
cjhsa

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 06:14 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
They were just too cheap to pay the bailout handshake fee.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 07:25 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
I know there's a difference: Bush is evil and Obama is Light personified. Bush supporters are wrong and Obama supporters are right. Bush-Haters are patriots and Obama-Haters are racists.

No, Obama is not that but that you go to these ludicrous extremes to defend such a dismal personality, an abject failure, really brings your intelligence into question, Finn.
0 Replies