Great New Look to A2K- Applause, Robert!

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 10:06 am
@Gargamel,
Gargamel wrote:

Does this mean everyone is going to shut up now?

No! Otherwise the site would be empty, however, if you're referring to
the complainers i.e. me, yes I do like the new changes a lot: typeface, colors
layout - me happy!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 10:12 am
@flyboy804,
I think the ads were geared that way before too, but it wasn't so obvious, and sometimes it was downright hard to find the connection (maybe then there wasn't one). Or... I thought I saw connections.

In the last day or two, on one of the relationship threads having to do with having an affair with a married man, there was an ad re (I forget the exact words) having a good time with married women. Talk about directed advertising... Very Happy

Ragman

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 10:39 am
@ossobuco,
You know, I laughed out loud, and then I saw the irony in that type of context-sensitive advertising. That's something those clever marketing types and software developers do to target their ads. Mighty clever, huh?

It's an ideal tool if your job is to corrale the online "masses" and get some of them to show up in your web-doorway. Bad, if you're one of "us" who hates seeing those ads. I know how it certainly helps to keep costs down and makes it possible to run this web forum without charging an admission price, though.
Green Witch

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 11:07 am
@Ragman,
Commercials on TV make me nuts, I can't watch them. Border ads on a site like this don't bother me at all. I have no trouble tuning them out. If they support a site financially, all the better.
Foxfyre

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 11:49 am
@Green Witch,
I actually enjoy a well constructed and entertaining commerical when they don't crank up the sound to air it. And I actually look at some of the ads here though it has to be something of particular interest to me before I will click on it. Funny that the ad that appears on my screen at this time at the bottom of this thread, however, is "Meet married women" from MarriedDateClub.com.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 07:41 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Love at first glance.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 05:43 pm
I haven't been here for a while. Looks good!
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2008 12:51 am
@Green Witch,
As for TV commercials, I watch the ones I like...and even marvel at them. The ones I don't like, I hit mute. No problemmo.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2008 06:33 am
@Green Witch,
I have found that I mentally "tune out" the TV commercials. The only time it bugs me is when the decibel level is so high on the commercial, that it is annoying.

I sometimes do Harris Polls, and every once in awhile they ask about TV commercials. Most of the time, even though I have probably seen a commercial, I don't remember them, because I don't pay attention to them.
0 Replies