Great New Look to A2K- Applause, Robert!

kickycan

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 06:01 pm
I hate the new look! Just look at the kerning between the "Q" and the "U" in the phrase "Ask a Question!" It's a disgrace!
ehBeth

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 06:05 pm
@kickycan,
You're the designer - fix it!
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 06:06 pm
yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh!
The Pentacle Queen

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 06:07 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
that yeah was in approval btw! x
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 08:27 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Definitely looks sexy.
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 08:28 pm
I will always miss the old a2k, but I have to agree this definitely looks very cool.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 09:09 pm
I looove the header and footer, or whatever you call those. Sharp color combos, very readable, and terrific able2know logo.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 05:39 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

Great new look, because there are no ads, (yet).

The look just seemed odd with all that blank space on the sides. I wondered why the text wasn't going all the way to the edge and then realized there were no girls in bikinis to ignore.

Razz
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 05:53 am
@kickycan,
Is it just me, or is it fixed now ?!

Yeah, love the new look.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 07:14 am
Yes, this has a much more structured feel to it.

The old way was a little too free-form. I feel I can work with this now.
Ragman

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 11:51 am
@Blickers,
Agreed. Pretty good, so far. I've been limited in my usage for other personal reasons, but I have to say my first repsonse was, and is, "ahhhhh!"

Here's a thought: in the margins, we should have running the 'Spy vs. Spy' cartoons..like in Mad Magazine.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 12:30 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
Great new look, because there are no ads, (yet).

The look just seemed odd with all that blank space on the sides. I wondered why the text wasn't going all the way to the edge and then realized there were no girls in bikinis to ignore.

My understanding is that you don't get ads if you're signed in. Dunno if it'll stay that way.
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 12:59 pm
@jespah,
i've been seeing ads at the bottom of every thread page today (using chrome)...
dyslexia

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 01:00 pm
@Region Philbis,
yeah me too, no problem though they don't bother me at all.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 01:00 pm
@Region Philbis,
ditto XP / firefox
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 01:08 pm
Me too--XP and IE here - and I don't mind them at all. Whatever helps pay the bills so we can continue to enjoy the site is okay with me.
dyslexia

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 01:11 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

Me too--XP and IE here - and I don't mind them at all. Whatever helps pay the bills so we can continue to enjoy the site is okay with me.
Sometimes I like foxfyre.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 08:17 pm
Nice improvement to the skin, and the tweaking of the features works as well.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 07:43 am
@dyslexia,
It is amazing how the ads are related to the post that it is near. When the ads started, I was on my thread about the stock market. I had not seen ads before, so for some reason I thought that the poster had put a link to an interesting article. Wouldn't you know, that it was an advertisement to one ot those finance guru "letters" that you see all the time.

If those guys are so smart about the market, why do they have to make money writing financial letters?
flyboy804

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 08:30 am
@Phoenix32890,
Phoenix32890 wrote:

It is amazing how the ads are related to the post that it is near. When the ads started, I was on my thread about the stock market. I had not seen ads before, so for some reason I thought that the poster had put a link to an interesting article. Wouldn't you know, that it was an advertisement to one ot those finance guru "letters" that you see all the time.

If those guys are so smart about the market, why do they have to make money writing financial letters?

I was equally surprised when I first noticed this. I was on a Prop. 8 thread and the ad at the bottom was for the upcoming film "Milk". I wondered at the time whether it was by accident or design. I now realize that google probably links thread tags with available ads. Rather clever I'd say.