The War on Christmas.

revelette

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 08:06 am
@littlek,
Quote:
David, this is America. It's a great nation because of its diversity, not despite it. Happy Holidays covers all the holidays that cluster around the winter solstice.

Sometimes I have a hard time believing that folks like david don't get this kind of thing; I think it is more just another thing to get all hot and bothered about.

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 08:50 am
@littlek,
littlek wrote:
David, this is America. It's a great nation because of its diversity, not despite it.
Really? So America 'd NOT be great if we were ALL descendants
of the original English or Dutch settlers (or the Indians)?????
I don 't see that.

littlek wrote:
Happy Holidays covers all the holidays that cluster around the winter solstice.
By withholding of recognition (of identification) thay r degraded. Its better to say nothing.

David
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 09:02 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Those of us who SUPPORT Christmas
owe it to ourselves to COUNTERATTACK the bad guys, as well as possible.

MONEY, and how it is DIRECTED is a good weapon.

OSTRACIZE$$ the bad guys.

Let them see red in their bottom lines.

LOL that David is surely is in keeping with the claimed love full message of your cult savor!

Let seized up our weapons and go to war with anyone who would dare not to show the “proper” respect to our cult.

The dark side of Christianity that down through the ages had resulted in killings and wars on a grant scale is alive and well in your heart my friend.

Merry Christmas and peace on earth indeed.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 09:06 am
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:
I don't think their intent is to degrade Christmas. Some don't recognize it for what some of us hold dear. That is there perogative and right. There are many other celebrations at this time of year that are celebrated by many.

Those of us who revere Christmas should not dismiss other celebrations nor those who celebrate them.
O, YEAH??
Which is the next one, Richard ?

Intrepid wrote:
Merry Christmas, David.
MERRY CHRISTMAS, Richard.

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 09:15 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
Those of us who SUPPORT Christmas
owe it to ourselves to COUNTERATTACK the bad guys, as well as possible.

MONEY, and how it is DIRECTED is a good weapon.

OSTRACIZE$$ the bad guys.

Let them see red in their bottom lines.

BillRM wrote:
LOL that David is surely is in keeping with the claimed love full message of your cult savor!

Let seized up our weapons and go to war with anyone who would dare not to show the “proper” respect to our cult.

The dark side of Christianity that down through the ages had resulted in killings and wars on a grant scale is alive and well in your heart my friend.

Merry Christmas and peace on earth indeed.

Those of us who agree with me
shoud join in applying their money toward restoring the status quo ante,
as of the first half of last century (thru the 1950s).

Those merchants who choose to withdraw from the old celebration
r welcome to see red in their annual bottom lines
and to be green with envy of competitors who DO.

Then we can shout: HO, HO, HO!!!!!!!!!

David
BillRM

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 09:33 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Those of us who agree with me
shoud join in applying their money toward restoring the status quo ante,
as of the first half of last century (thru the 1950s).

Those merchants who choose to withdraw from the old celebration
r welcome to see red in their annual bottom lines
and to be green with envy of competitors who DO.

Then we can shout: HO, HO, HO!!!!!!!!!

I love the fact David that a group of New York City merchants successfully turn this religion event into a commerce windfall for themselves in the 1890s or so and now it is as must a part of the cult as it Jesus had declared in the bible we should all go out and buy gifts and give a greeting of Merry Christmas as we do so to each other.

What a lovely cult you are a member of.

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 10:29 am
@BillRM,
That's not restricted to the US: many European and Asian countries practice gift giving for christmas.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 11:15 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Intrepid wrote:
I don't think their intent is to degrade Christmas. Some don't recognize it for what some of us hold dear. That is there perogative and right. There are many other celebrations at this time of year that are celebrated by many.

Those of us who revere Christmas should not dismiss other celebrations nor those who celebrate them.
O, YEAH??

Take your pick. This is for December. And, I didn't even get into the Wiccan, Winter Solstice etc.

Ashura (Islamic, Muslim)
St. Nicholas Day (International)
Bodhi Day - Buddha's Enlightenment (Buddhist)
Virgin of Guadalupe (Mexico)
Santa Lucia Day (Sweden)
Las Posadas (Mexico)
Hanukkah* (Jewish)
Christmas (Christian, Roman Catholic, International)
Kwanzaa (African-American - Dec. 26, 2009 - Jan 1, 2010)

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 05:29 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

Intrepid wrote:

O, YEAH??

Take your pick. This is for December. And, I didn't even get into the Wiccan, Winter Solstice etc.

Ashura (Islamic, Muslim) In America, we need take no cognizance of Moslem holidays.
St. Nicholas Day (International) Christmas ?
Bodhi Day - Buddha's Enlightenment (Buddhist) not important (that falls on Pearl Harbor Day; done with)
Virgin of Guadalupe (Mexico) not important if u stay away from Mexico
Santa Lucia Day (Sweden) no reason to go there
Las Posadas (Mexico) R u OBSESSED with Mexico, Richie ??
Hanukkah* (Jewish) That has ended; I asked u "next" ?
Christmas (Christian, Roman Catholic, International)
Kwanzaa (African-American - Dec. 26, 2009 - Jan 1, 2010) That is not real; fony, based on commie lies, from a pervert.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 10:56 pm
If someone prefers to wish me, or anyone else, "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas", that's perfectly fine with me. The sentiment may not be particularly specific but its still appreciated.

I'm not at all content with the folks who claim to be offended by someone wishing them "Merry Christmas," or who would have us remove the phrase from our social lexicon.

If someone should send me a Kwanza, Bodhi Day or Yule card expressing their wishes that my family and I have joyous, blessed or gleeful celebrations I will be anything but offended. Quite the opposite.

Petty, pinched minds that find pleasure in being offended are not ones with which I wish to spend any part of my holiday.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 11:11 pm

"Kwansa" is an anti-Christmas, communist fraud. I point that out, when convenient.

David
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 11:16 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

"Kwansa" is an anti-Christmas, communist fraud. I point that out, when convenient.

David

I know one family that celebrates Kwanza as a sort of adjunct to their celebration of Christmas. There is absolutely no evidence that they are Communists or fraudulent.

They send us a Christmas card every year, but I would be happy to receive a Kwanza card instead.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 11:20 pm

It was set up as a communist black alternative to Christmas.
Its DATE is no accident. It was aimed against Christmas.

I believe in fighting against political correctness. That can be fun.

David
BillRM

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 02:07 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

You do know that the early church picked the so all date of Jesus birth in the first place as an alternative to pagan holidays then existing do you not?

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 05:36 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

You do know that the early church picked the so all date of Jesus birth
in the first place as an alternative to pagan holidays then existing do you not?

The date of Jesus' birth is unknown.
So what ?

David
BillRM

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 05:44 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
So what ?

So the early church did what you are claiming that others are now doing setting up an alternative holidays for the winter solstice.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 05:50 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
So what ?

So the early church did what you are claiming that others are now doing setting up an alternative holidays for the winter solstice.
My remark was limited to that commie kwanza nonsense, as an alternate black holiday.

Its none of my business if the blacks wanna celebrate that,
(or any other time)
but I 'm free to point out its known origin.
BillRM

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 06:03 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
My remark was limited to that commie kwanza nonsense, as an alternate black holiday.

Somehow I have a feeling that the pagans once feel the same way about the Christians nonsense.

In any case given the history Christians can not logically claims any special rights to this holiday period(winter solstice) over anyone else.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 06:13 pm
@BillRM,
David wrote:

BillRM wrote:
Somehow I have a feeling that the pagans once feel the same way about the Christians nonsense.
not the ones who converted

BillRM wrote:
In any case given the history Christians can not logically claims any special rights to this holiday period(winter solstice) over anyone else.
If Christians wanna celebrate the birth of Jesus,
thay r within their rights to choose a date for it, for their own people.

David
revelette

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 08:13 am
@OmSigDAVID,
BillRM wrote:
Quote:

David wrote:
Quote:
If Christians wanna celebrate the birth of Jesus,
thay r within their rights to choose a date for it, for their own people.

I believe main words were (hope I am not speaking out of turn) were "over anyone else."

Christians do have the right, so does anyone else.

As just a side note: Christmas is not biblical so it can't really be a "Christian Holiday." The only day we are told to observe is the first day of the week to "break the bread" and "take of the cup" in memory of Jesus's death (not birth) and that is by example in the NT and was something Jesus himself told his disciples to do. You would think if it was important to celebrate his birth, something would be said or shown in the NT about it. So all those getting all twisted up about people taking Christ out of Christmas are confused because you can't take Jesus Christ out of something He was never into in the first place.