44
   

The War on Christmas.

 
 
Sammiesoo
 
  1  
Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 02:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Hello Cicerone Imposter!

Thank you very much for the picture! Did you take this picture yourself or find it so I could have a look? It makes sense that this could be the original manger where Jesus was born because people have a tendency to dress things up once they feel sure that they’ve discovered the genuine article. Still, I wonder what it looked like in its original state; I bet it looks very serene without all that window dressing. No problem though, I understand why it’s all done up like that; people are trying to show how much they respect it and how very important it is them.

So does anybody actually ‘own’ the site? Bethlehem is part of Israel so I guess it’s a given that Israel owns the property, but who decided what to use to decorate it? The reason I’m asking is because on the tapestry the holy family all have halos over their heads. Not all Christian types like the use of halos because they’re such a blast from the pagan past.

‘Thank you’ by the way, for understanding what I was getting at about the Wise Men, King Herod and the ‘movable star’ being such a big insult to God’s intelligence. People get into that ‘la-de-da mood about, ‘it’s so pretty’, and ‘it makes us all feel so good’ and… (What ever!) I think the halo is a good example of a ‘mass’ la-de-da moment.

What about this: God has his beautiful son born to humble people in humble surroundings, that’s how it started. People discover the site of the birth years later and decide they need to make it fancy because it’s so special, well okay, let’s give them that. But nobody took the time to find out what God thought about golden disks floating around the holy family’s heads, because there they are on the tapestry in the picture!

Tell me, have you ever read ‘anywhere’ in the Bible where two people were having a conversation that went anything like this:

“John, you’ve seen Jesus before…see that crowd standing over there? Which one of them is Jesus?”

The second man observes the crowd and says, “Oh sure, Jesus is the one with that golden circle of light floating over his head!”

As stupid, and crazy and even funny as that statement sounds, it’s not the least bit funny at all! From what I’ve read God would no way approve of halos use (Egyptian/sun god trappings) at the place He especially chose for his son to be born.

Still, I don’t want to give you the wrong impression. I truly appreciate you taking the time to put that picture up for me, it was very thoughtful. It gives me a peaceful feeling to see those men kneeling there and it makes me imagine that the shepherds could have looked the same way.

Best regards,
Sammiesoo
cicerone imposter
 
  1  
Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 02:35 pm
@Sammiesoo,
Yes, I took the picture, but the actual "spot" has a design that looks like a star; that's what those boys are looking at. They built a church around the manger in the 4th century, and many different churches own parts of it. Rachel is buried there, and King David was born in Bethlehem.
Foofie
 
  1  
Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 07:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:


I detest and disapprove of the Japanese of Japan not only from the last century, but how they are one of the most discriminatory racial and class bigots on this planet. However, there are many good Japanese in Japan who also understand what is right and wrong, and have spoken out against what their military did in Asia before and during WWII.



I have thought about the above, and have come to the conclusion that the Japanese might have a very good reason for not wanting to mix with any other peoples. They may actually be superior, as a gene pool. Why should they water-down their gene pool with mediocre people of other nationalities?

It does not offend me one iota if the Japanese could prove tomorrow that they are superior intellectually, or in some other way. They are not bothering me, so why should they not have the right to be exclusive. Japan is their nation. They do not have to mix with anyone, if they do not want to.
0 Replies
 
Foofie
 
  1  
Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 07:48 pm
@Diest TKO,
Diest TKO wrote:

That's not very ching chong bing bong of you CI. Don't you know us Jappy's gotta back the old country in everything they ever did? Same for the Israel, all jews need to blindly support the government of Israel.

T
K
O


You are adding apples to oranges. Japan is not a safe haven for Japanese world wide, since Japanese have never been the victims of a Final Solution. Jews have, and therefore, the purpose of Israel is seen by world Jewry as a safe haven, whenever Gentiles get their underwear in a knot and decide Jews do not belong in "their Gentile country." Apples and oranges should never be added.
0 Replies
 
Foofie
 
  1  
Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 07:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I belong on the human race first and foremost.


Evolution is sorting us as you type your posts. Some of us will be part of the future human DNA; others will not. Your point above might be accurate, but a non-sequitor, since the human race, unbeknown to most, has subsets. It is not politically correct to point this out.
dyslexia
 
  1  
Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 07:55 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
since the human race, unbeknown to most, has subsets
foofie you just get weirder and weirder.
Foofie
 
  1  
Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 07:59 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

Quote:
since the human race, unbeknown to most, has subsets
foofie you just get weirder and weirder.


Perhaps, one should respond to my post, rather than to the poster. Unless of course you enjoy analyzing me.
dyslexia
 
  1  
Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 08:01 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

dyslexia wrote:

Quote:
since the human race, unbeknown to most, has subsets
foofie you just get weirder and weirder.


Perhaps, one should respond to my post, rather than to the poster. Unless of course you enjoy analyzing me.
ok foofie, your posts just get weirder and weirder.
0 Replies
 
Cycloptichorn
 
  1  
Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 08:02 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

dyslexia wrote:

Quote:
since the human race, unbeknown to most, has subsets
foofie you just get weirder and weirder.


Perhaps, one should respond to my post, rather than to the poster. Unless of course you enjoy analyzing me.


What subsets do you believe exist?

Cycloptichorn
Foofie
 
  1  
Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 08:16 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Foofie wrote:

dyslexia wrote:

Quote:
since the human race, unbeknown to most, has subsets
foofie you just get weirder and weirder.


Perhaps, one should respond to my post, rather than to the poster. Unless of course you enjoy analyzing me.


What subsets do you believe exist?

Cycloptichorn



Those that can learn fast enough to be of more value to society during their productive years, and those that cannot learn fast enough to be of more value to society during their productive years. Future space stations will have only the first type. Earth will keep the second type.

I do not believe in the "regression to the mean" of intelligence in future generations. But, one can argue that I am wrong.
Diest TKO
 
  1  
Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 08:32 pm
@Foofie,
Uh... so basically you believe in the plot line of the movie Gattica. Gotcha.

The meek might end up actually inheriting the earth after all.
K
Rolling Eyes
cicerone imposter
 
  1  
Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 09:55 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie, You not only get weirder and weirder, but also illogical and in the twilight zone.
Foofie
 
  1  
Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 07:45 am
@Diest TKO,
Diest TKO wrote:

Uh... so basically you believe in the plot line of the movie Gattica. Gotcha.

The meek might end up actually inheriting the earth after all.
K
Rolling Eyes


I think you extrapolated too freely.
0 Replies
 
Foofie
 
  1  
Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 07:47 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Foofie, You not only get weirder and weirder, but also illogical and in the twilight zone.


It is so nice of you to stand in judgement of me. Why do you have a need to comment on me, rather than my post? Let us not be silly, and believe this cyberspace forum actually allows people to know each other, other than in a most stilted manner.
cicerone imposter
 
  1  
Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 04:27 pm
@Foofie,
I don't judge anyone; I just write down what's obvious from the individual poster. Besides, I can't judge anyone, because I'm not even a lawyer/judge.

If something is obvious, it's not judging; it's describing what is.

Foofie
 
  1  
Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 07:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I don't judge anyone; I just write down what's obvious from the individual poster. Besides, I can't judge anyone, because I'm not even a lawyer/judge.

If something is obvious, it's not judging; it's describing what is.




Sure you do, in your comments. You have the free will to mind your own business, especially when someone does not appreciate your input. It is called intrusiveness.
dyslexia
 
  1  
Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 07:53 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
You have the free will to mind your own business
interesting concept especially on an inter-net forum.
DontTreadOnMe
 
  1  
Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 08:00 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

Quote:
You have the free will to mind your own business
interesting concept especially on an inter-net forum.


"hey you! go debate with me someplace else! "
0 Replies
 
cicerone imposter
 
  1  
Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 08:13 pm
@dyslexia,
dys, I don't think Foofie understands the concept of a public forum such as a2k.
0 Replies
 
Sammiesoo
 
  1  
Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2009 05:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Hello again Cicerone Imposter!

So, very sorry about that! I was so busy sounding off about halos I missed getting star struck all together!

So, you’re really well traveled! Do you take picture for fun or business…or…do you have the fun business of taking pictures?

Of course if you have any other religious photos that you’d like me to complain about please feel free to send them along. It’s the one thing I do well, complain about silliness in religion. There’s not much else I do well, quite honestly. For instance, I don’t cook very well so you don’t want any of my receipts…though I have thought of opening a restaurant where people get their orders and then got to sinks and stand over them to eat. That’s how I eat, but it’s with good reason! There’s a lot of pagan silliness to complain about so I don’t want to waste any time actually fixing food and sitting down to enjoy a ….what do you call that…no, no, don’t tell me it’ll bubble up any minute…yes! Have it! Sitting down to enjoy a MEAL! So, as I said, if you need religious complaining…I’m at the ready!

One question, how do they know for sure that Rachael resting there? Is that in the Bible somewhere, so that's what makes them sure?

Thanks,
Sammiesoo!

PS> Still like the picture you sent me! And you actually took the picture ‘yourself’!
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 03/02/2024 at 09:51:41