The War on Christmas.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 01:13 pm
@aidan,
aidan wrote:

Quote:
If I remember, u said that u r not a Christian.
U coud not begin to guess what I am endeavoring to restore.

David - are you a Christian?
Somewhat
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 01:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Many countries do not celebrate christmas as a religious holiday; it's essentially the celebration of the winter solstice (as Cyclo said), and its meaning has long been lost.

I still enjoy listening to Bing Crosby's White Christmas.
For MY part, I have no interest in what aliens do.
I care about what AMERICANS will do.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 01:18 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

aidan wrote:

Quote:

Christmas isn't special or unique.

To you - but that's exactly the sentiment that David is expressing- that for those of us born before 1980 - the Christmas season in the US was special and unique.

perhaps you could consider modifying that to "some Christians born in the U.S. before 1980 (or whatever year you desire)"

Your paintbrush is making strokes that are far too broad.

From that point of vu: I dissent.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 01:26 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:
I have it on good authority that that holiday is regarded the Jews about like Groundhog Day.

Quote:
every time I think you can't come up with something sillier, you manage to

OSDavid, I wouldn't ever wish bad things to happen to you,
but I do often wish that you'd think through the things you post.
I neither can, nor wish to, debate any applicable theology.
I stand by what I asserted.
U are free to dispute the facts, if u wish.

I believe that I thought it thru as well as it was proper.
The ancient Chinese had a aphorism that: "he who woud deliberate
fully before taking a step, will spend his whole life on one foot."

I hope that I did not injure your feelings; I had no such intention.

I ratify and re-affirm everything that I wrote before.

David
0 Replies

Sammiesoo

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 01:07 pm
@farmerman,
Dear Farmerman,

My sources indicate that Jesus was 'home schooled'...However, after reading different Farmerman answers to questions posed I must say I do find your reasoning’s to rank among the greater minds of our time. Yes, la crème de la crème; the likes of Monty Python, Soupy Sales, Benny Hill and Bullwinkle J. Moose. Therefore, I'd like to have you please consider the following:

On the subject of the 'Wise Men' found to adorn all nativity displays and pictured with the 'guiding star' over head on so many XMAS cards...here is what I have concluded after entertaining the second chapter of Matthew and am hoping you will honor me with your thoughts on the subject.

'The Wise Men- the 'Magi' (magic practicing priests/astrologers) from eastern parts (Mesopotamian -olden day, Iraq -now) saw a star that could move and followed it...where? To visit the baby Jesus laying in the manger and give him gifts?...(record scratching sound here) au contraire monfraire BECAUSE...

First, let's start what that pesky star that could move through the sky! If Jesus' father, God sent the star to guide the Magi why did the Magi first make a stop at King Herod's?...'Me thinks me smells a rat!' (Farmerman, that's one of my favorite pirate sayings incase you didn't know)...anyway, rat being smelled because...after the Magi came to visit Herod it turned out that he didn't even know the King of Kings had been born! That's right, he didn't even know what they were talking about, so he had to call his own 'wise men' and ask them about it! (Now, that's just wrong!)

But, hold the phone! His own wise men didn't even know about the King of Kings being born! They just said something to the effect that, actually it was the right time frame for the King of Kings to appear, so the wise men from out of town could be right. (Oh, that’s good!)

And also, what the devil is that supposed to mean!?!? That God told the pagan wise men from out of town and didn't tell the reigning king's wise men so they could tell their king, so their king could get ready?

No, there's that rat smell again...why? Because after making sure Herod knew about Jesus the moving star moves on and 'then' goes to Jesus' 'house'. Oh yes, it turns out that the nativity 'manger' scene should be turned into a nativity 'house' scene because it took the Magi about two years to follow the star from their country to Jesus' country. So that makes, the Magi knocking on Joseph and Mary's 'door' so they could explain themselves and be let in so they could presenting their gifts and pay homage to the 'toddler' Jesus.

All this being discovered; here's what really fries my bacon on the subject. This King Herod told the Magi to come back and tell him where he could find Jesus once they found him. Well, they didn't come back so when Herod realized they'd given him the slip he sent out and had all the baby boys two years and under killed (thinking of course that if he killed all the boys two and under he'd be sure to catch Jesus too) because the Magi had told him that Jesus would be about two years old. However, Jesus had been safely moved to Egypt by the time the murders happened. Read it for yourself! Mass murder of little babies!

So I certainly don't think God created that moving star so many are is so in love with today and I certainly don’t think it was God who pointed it out to some astrologer and coaxed them into follow it. Nope, without a doubt it was 'evil intent' that sent that star!

Now that I know that I'll be crossing off glitter- sprinkled nativity scenes with wise men and shepherds positioned around a manger with the toddler...sorry, I mean the infant Jesus at the center!

Your the Farmerman...what do you think?

Thanks,
Sammiesoo!
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 05:34 pm
@Sammiesoo,
Sammie, I enjoyed your translation of the bible so much, I wanted to show you where the king of kings was born in Bethlehem.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/imposter222/P1010065_edited-1.jpg
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 07:01 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Sammie, I enjoyed your translation of the bible so much, I wanted to show you where the king of kings was born in Bethlehem.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/imposter222/P1010065_edited-1.jpg

huh... that sure doesn't look like the parts of Pennsylvania i've been through.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 08:44 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
Ya gotta go to Israel to see Jesus' birth place; it's in Bethlehem, surrounded by a huge cement wall with watch towers to keep the Palestinians inside their prison. I'm sure god just loves the Isralis for their love of man; love thy neighbor.
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 01:02 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Ya gotta go to Israel to see Jesus' birth place; it's in Bethlehem, surrounded by a huge cement wall with watch towers to keep the Palestinians inside their prison. I'm sure god just loves the Isralis for their love of man; love thy neighbor.

hhhh... i suspect he may be having second thoughts about choosing them, right about now.

it seems like every time he does that, the chosen people start F@*^ing up and messing with other people. if ya get my drift.
Foofie

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 09:55 am
@DontTreadOnMe,
DontTreadOnMe wrote:

cicerone imposter wrote:

hhhh... i suspect he may be having second thoughts about choosing them, right about now.

it seems like every time he does that, the chosen people start F@*^ing up and messing with other people. if ya get my drift.

Jews were only "chosen" to receive the Ten Commandments. There was no mail delivery in those days.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 10:58 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
Quote:
Jews were only "chosen" to receive the Ten Commandments. There was no mail delivery in those days.

Quit with your bull ****! Jews claim that god gave them Israel as their homeland, so they continue to steal Palestinians lands by force to expand their settlements. God loves that too!
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 11:08 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Foofie wrote:
Quote:

Quit with your bull ****! Jews claim that god gave them Israel as their homeland, so they continue to steal Palestinians lands by force to expand their settlements. God loves that too!

i'm pro israel, but at some point all parties have to quit with all of the mixing. it's causing a lot of people in other parts of the world problems they don't need.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 12:13 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
DTOM, I'm pro-Israel to the extent many Jews also disagree with how Palestinian lands are being stolen to expand their settlements. I believe all humane, ethical, moral, people have no problem distinguishing what is right or wrong whether it involves their own race or culture.

I detest and disapprove of the Japanese of Japan not only from the last century, but how they are one of the most discriminatory racial and class bigots on this planet. However, there are many good Japanese in Japan who also understand what is right and wrong, and have spoken out against what their military did in Asia before and during WWII.

For this, I'm sure I'd be called anti-Japanese and a Japanese-hater of like-minded Jews who can't see the distinction.
Diest TKO

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 12:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That's not very ching chong bing bong of you CI. Don't you know us Jappy's gotta back the old country in everything they ever did? Same for the Israel, all jews need to blindly support the government of Israel.

T
K
O
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 12:46 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
For this, I'm sure I'd be called anti-Japanese and a Japanese-hater of like-minded Jews who can't see the distinction.

not by me. there's a reason that we don't see a lot of Chinese and Koreans driving Japanese cars down here in LaLa land.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 12:47 pm
@Diest TKO,
I belong on the human race first and foremost.
Ticomaya

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 12:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Quit with your bull ****!

Relax, c.i. ... take your Geritol, and repeat after me: goos-fra-ba ... goos-fra-ba.
djjd62

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 01:06 pm
i think we oughta have a war on drugs

oh right, already tried that one
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 01:40 pm
@Ticomaya,
I'm relaxed, until you put in your bs.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 01:52 pm
@Sammiesoo,
Quote:
Your the Farmerman...what do you think?
Yes , and dont you forget it, you blaspheming tyke. Say 25 Our FAthers and a case of HAil Mary's and then make a perfect one.
0 Replies