Obama/ Love Him or Hate Him, We've Got Him

okie

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2008 03:41 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Excellent post, Finn. All points that I have tried to get across in different words, but you summed them all up better.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2008 04:06 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:

It comes down to this:

Every Gitmo prisoner who is released because of your support (and the support of like minded fellows) who takes up arms and kills an innocent (American or otherwise) is part of your karma --- hold it on your heads.

Whisper in my ear how this is acceptable based on principles of international justice.

This is logically flawed. By your argument, every criminal in jail right now who is released, and then commits another crime, is on your head, Finn. Because you support a system which eventually releases people instead of confining them for life.

I think the little factoid that many of those in Gitmo never killed anyone and never had anything to do with AQ may also be a little damaging to your argument. I note that you carefully avoid mentioning this well-known problem with keeping people detained there.

Cycloptichorn
okie

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2008 05:15 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

This is logically flawed. By your argument, every criminal in jail right now who is released, and then commits another crime, is on your head, Finn. Because you support a system which eventually releases people instead of confining them for life.
Cycloptichorn

Interesting comment, and logically flawed. Lots of difference between crimes, such as vicious murder, possible mass killings and bombings, as compared to petty crimes, cyclops. I would like you to try to develop your argument further here, as I don't think it will help you one iota. If you wish to compare murderers in the criminal justice system, I don't know, but it may be quite possible that Finn does not advocate turning violent criminals loose upon society, so as I pointed out, your comment is logically flawed.
Diest TKO

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2008 10:28 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
For more examples see - Chinese Uighurs in GTMO

T
K
O
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 08:10 am
@okie,
Maybe you should point out where the logic is flawed okie. Because you don't think petty crimes are comparable to murder doesn't point out a logical flaw in Cyc's statement. It merely points to you not understanding logic.
Lightwizard

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 03:31 pm
@parados,
His logic is based on the pre-crime of "Minority Report," a book (and movie) by Philip K. Dick and nobody should have to figure out why he wrote it, and we don't even have "pre-cogs" to see what anyone will do after released from prison.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 03:33 pm

PrezBO, he's worse than expected and just not right for the country.

What's the return policy on this president?

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 04:15 pm
@H2O MAN,
You'll have to have a receipt and it's 30 days return policy.
H2O MAN

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 05:29 pm
@Lightwizard,
Lightwizard wrote:

You'll have to have a receipt and it's 30 days return policy.

That figures!

I knew we should have hired a corporate head hunter to find someone qualified.
Maybe next time.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 07:19 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

Maybe you should point out where the logic is flawed okie. Because you don't think petty crimes are comparable to murder doesn't point out a logical flaw in Cyc's statement. It merely points to you not understanding logic.

So you do think petty crimes are comparable to murder? Do you advocate life sentences for smoking pot, for example? If so, cyclops is in for some pretty bad days ahead.
parados

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 07:52 pm
@okie,
That doesn't point out the logical flaw okie. It only introduces a logical fallacy as you introduce a red herring.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 08:59 pm

Suffering 4 years of Obama is bad enough, but why
must we all suffer another day of this Teutonic Twat?

Look into her eyes... she looks like a soulless mass murderer.

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/attachments/off-topic/40688d1238813429-gov-got-enough-your-money-not-pelosi.jpg
JTT

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 10:10 pm
@H2O MAN,
It's testament to your level of stupidity that you can mouth bullshit like this after years of offering slavering support for the abyssal level of ignorance and criminality that was the Bush WH.

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 10:13 pm
@H2O MAN,
Look into Bush's/Cheney's/ [name your favorite neocon's] eyes, ... they are all soulless mass murderers.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 10:24 pm

Some of you must be unaware that GWB completed his
2nd term and that there is a new president in office.

I know it's hard to tell that we have a new president because he
continues to campaign as is he himself is unaware that he won.
JTT

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 10:30 pm
@H2O MAN,
As I said, it's a testament to your level of stupidity. George Bush could spend a lifetime as president and he wouldn't accomplish anything more than he did in those eight totally wasted years.
H2O MAN

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 10:35 pm
@JTT,

Your ignorance is strong.

After a few more months of Obama, you will wish GW had never left.
JTT

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 11:16 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
Your ignorance is strong.

Try, please try, even in the slightest manner possible, to think before you reply.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2009 05:37 am
@JTT,

JTT, I don't take advice from morons such as yourself.
JTT

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2009 09:25 am
@H2O MAN,
Claearly, with regard to thinking, you've never taken any advice from anyone.