I AM PROUD

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 04:48 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Well they damned well ought to be. What's the point in coming on A2K if you don't seek to impress. It's not something to feel guilty and ashamed of.

You missed my point.

I am not contending that people don't come to A2K to impress, only that they are not coming here to impress you.

Smile
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 05:05 pm
@cash3,
Cash wrote:
It worries me a little that we have people who are proud of our country for the first time just because we voted into office someone other than a white man? It took that to make you feel the pride of being an American? It took an African-American being elected president to show you that there is hope in our country? Thats saddening

I did not write that i was proud of my nation for the first time because of this event. I did not write that it took the election of an American of African descent to who me that there is hope for the United States. It's pretty damned easy to argue against what someone has written by making a warped statement of what the person has actually written, and then arguing against that. It is know as a strawman fallacy.

But while were on the subject, was i supposed to be proud of that little **** from Texas who cut taxes for all his rich cronies and ran up the biggest deficits in history? Was i supposed to be proud that we needlessly invaded Iraq killing people uselessly in their tens of thousands, if not there hundreds of thousands, and sacrificing thousands of American lives--all to no purpose? Am i supposed to proud of the right-wing religious bigots who call for a crusade against Muslims, just because they're Muslims, to go along with their crusade against birth control, abortion and homosexuals?

Is that the kind of thing you're proud of? Jackass.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 05:11 pm
It really is pathetic, but unsurprising, that the only response that people like Finn and Cash can come up with is to attempt to distort what has been said here, and attempt to blacken the character of someone who simply says they are proud of their nation for looking past race to elect this man.

I guess those grapes must have been sour, anyway.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 05:23 pm
@Setanta,
Amen.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 05:53 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta

Scarecrows around the world must worship you as their Divine Creator.

That chip on your shoulder is bigger that your head, which is truly amazing.

If you take a second look at Cash's post, you will see that it was a response to Diest's, in which he referenced someone he met who told him this was the first time he was proud of his country.

He didn't respond to you, and there is no reason, other than your bitter paranoia, to believe he was referencing you.

In similar fashion, snood took a leap and assumed Cash was suggesting there is no reason to be proud of the election results.

I don't know Cash. Perhaps he/she did mean that, but that's not what a fair reading of the post reveals.

As for my comments,whose character do you think I've tried to blacken?

Yours?

Snood's?

I wrote of someone who finds the results of this election to be the sole reason to be proud of America and Americans. I didn't indicate nor do I believe you and snood are such people, but if the shoe happens to fit, then wear it.

Good Lord, this forum is lousy with intelligent misfits.

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 05:57 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
this forum is lousy with intelligent misfits.

Very Happy Smile Wink Surprised Laughing Razz Mr. Green
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 06:10 pm
Well--I'm proud of America. We sent you out and you have done a great job. I could list so many things which you have done which I am proud of that it would be silly to single any out for special mention.

I will say though that Mr Obama's victory is not in the top ten thousand and that is without thinking it through.

spendius

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 06:12 pm
@spendius,
I trust you all know that slaves are not rounded up on the basis of their skin colour. It is their weaknesses.
0 Replies

cash3

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 06:18 pm
Thank you Finn...I am glad you conveyed my thoughts to the "open minded" people on here. You know the ones that don't judge, make assumptions, or jump to conclusions.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 08:07 pm
I responded because i initiated the thread, and it doesn't matter to whom Cash was responding, i was speaking on my behalf because i started the thread, and this is my sentiment that the conservatives scum bags would just love to trash. Now the turd merchants show up. Finn is the king of that tribe--he loves to stir the turd and raise a stink. He just could not resist sticking his snide nose into a thread which he could have as easily ignored.

As to Cash, i can think of nothing more hilariously ironic than his taking Finn's snide tone to complain about whether or not people in this thread are open-minded.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 09:09 pm
@Setanta,
Your a sad wretch
snood

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 09:40 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You're sadder. Your entire contribution to this initially positive and edifying thread was to squat and shyt on it, then tut tut at those who comment on the stench.
Setanta

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 12:11 pm
@snood,
Snood wrote:
Your entire contribution to this initially positive and edifying thread was to squat and shyt on it, then tut tut at those who comment on the stench.

Precisely. He's like a little boy whose only pleasure at the beach would be to kick over the sand castles that other boys build.

This thread is about being proud that my nation elected Obama, without reference to his "race." It's about nothing else. People like Finn and Cash show up to condescend to the rest of us and to presume to tell us what is an acceptable degree of pride for one to have in one's nation. Even someone showing up to say they have never been proud of this country, not even after this election, is not subject to their judgment. No one makes either of those gobshites the arbiters of what is or isn't acceptable patriotism.

Finn's only purpose in coming here is to attempt to spoil someone else's pleasure in the event, to sneer at those who feel this way because of that event. It doesn't change my sentiments one bit.

Today, three days later, i am very, very proud of my nation.
spendius

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 03:27 pm
@Setanta,
What!! With stage managed press conferences to husher in this new world?

spendius

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 04:31 pm
@spendius,
And further to that nothing of significance was said and he was late arriving like a Prima Donna.

When it said Mr Bush will speak at a certain time he was always there at that time.

"A far cry from the last days of the campaign, " was one comment on Sky News. And it was. They even called into question the hypochondriacal whine about the puppy and how long it took to witter about it.

It looked like he was letting his supporters tires down.

And asking you to put aside politics now is like asking you to lay your cloak over the puddle.

We had a by-election. NO CHANGE was the result by a decent margin.
Gargamel

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 04:36 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
When it said Mr Bush will speak at a certain time he was always there at that time.

Yes, I'd much rather our President be a punctual incompentent than a straggling but effective reformer.
Diest TKO

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 04:49 pm
This is cool. It's all the newspaper covers from the day after.

http://newsdesigner.com/frontpages/obama.php

T
K
O
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 06:08 pm
@Gargamel,
Quote:
Yes, I'd much rather our President be a punctual incompentent than a straggling but effective reformer.

It is difficult to base one's thinking on your definition of "incompetence" when you can't even spell the word.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 06:15 pm
@Gargamel,
Quote:

Well I heard him say that we were going to rebuild our world, which I didn't know needed rebuilding, "block by block, brick by brick and calloused hand by calloused hand."

The pharoes built the pyramids on a policy like that so I don't know about "change" or "effective" reform. Seems a bit archaic to me.

Perhaps you are one of those people who thinks they are being effective merely by asserting that they are.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 08:58 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Spendius wrote to Gargamel:

Quote:
It is difficult to base one's thinking on your definition of "incompetence" when you can't even spell the word.

Quote Spendius:
What!! With stage managed press conferences to husher in this new world?

Did you mean usher? One should ensure their perfection before casting stones. tch tch