cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 04:49 pm
@Lightwizard,
They also lost senior senator Arlen Specter today, and with Franken, the democrats will have a filibuster proof majority in the Senate.

They're crying like babe in the woods; the "no" party has turned into the "nothing" party.
spendius

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 04:56 pm
@Lightwizard,
Instead of always being negative LW and whinging about what is being done to your side why don't you encourage homosexual unions. Isn't your case that we should have more of them and that being normal they are a reasonable alternative to any other form of relationship. Not having to deal with a member of the opposite sex at close quarters is quite an advantage I should have thought bearing in mind my own experiences and those of most of the people I know.

Why are you not actively encouraging them by explaining the advantages. Think of the wardrobe space you could save for a start.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 05:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The latest poll shows only 27% will identify as being Republicans. I'd say they'd better take a good hard look at what has been happening to their party. They have to start by admitting they are in denial -- in that way they are perpetuating the child President who's been in office for eight years.
spendius

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 05:20 pm
@Lightwizard,
In a sensible society you would get locked up for that LW. It's so gratuitous and undermines some sacrifices that have been made by your fellow citizens and which you have carefully steered cleared of ever risking.

You disgust me.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 07:19 pm
I sure wish when trolls wander through these threads that they wouldn't let out such disgusting beer farts and then skitter away down the path to sleep under the mossy bridge.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 11:20 pm
@Lightwizard,
Lightwizard wrote:

The latest poll shows only 27% will identify as being Republicans. I'd say they'd better take a good hard look at what has been happening to their party. They have to start by admitting they are in denial -- in that way they are perpetuating the child President who's been in office for eight years.

One of the guests on Countdown with Chris Matthews stated that the Republicans need to WAKE UP. Instead of throwing tea parties, they should be drinking double expresso. All that is necessary to be a Republican these days is to have the I.Q. of broccoli. The only party platform a Republican politician has to memorize is "no taxes." The GOP is driving away the moderates and the independents in order to get in bed with the far right extremists/social conservatives. It's political party suicide. Rather than jump ship like Senator Specter, the moderates/centrists of the party need to wake up, revolt against the far right wingers, and take back control of their party.
spendius

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2009 03:47 am
@Debra Law,
If that happens Deb you have a one-party state and the elections are then about the personalalities of the candidates.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2009 09:26 am
@Debra Law,
It could also have the reaction of the Independent Party perhaps taking on a new name to make themselves more marketable. The founding fathers did not want to see a two party system and explained why in The Federalist Papers and other documents. The Libertarians look so much like the far right Republicans, the have no distinctive platform. The debate over gay marriage should be in the state government legislatures, or in the courts if it comes to that, and it's going to happen whether or not there is a slim margin of public sentiment reflected in polls one way or other. Now that the polls have tipped in favor of gay marriage, the party who insists loudly that they pay no attention to polls, who had a President in office who defied the polls for about a year after 9/11 (which was his idea of a mandate even without getting one from the voters in losing the popular vote), are now following the polls.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2009 10:40 am
@Debra Law,
It's not only no taxes; they are now known as the "no party." Is it any wonder they are losing their base of conservatives who tire of their filibuster and no action or real proposals to solve any of our problems that now affects most Americans.

They are destroying their own party, and I'm loving it. They don't deserve any support.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2009 01:09 pm
Perhaps in effort to seem more socially relevant, the GOP may try to parade some of the log cabin republicans around. Like instead of making a large platform shift for the whole party, they will instead try and get some pro-gay-rights GOP winners in more blues states.

This way, they can start building the idea in people's heads.

"No, I'm not for gay marriage, but that's not because I'm a republican. For instance [person's name here] a good friend of mine, and a fine republican from the wonderful state of [blue state] is. The Republican party is more diverse than people think. We are a big tent party."

I dunno. I guess I'm talking about the GOP... I don't think Michael Steele is smart enough to go for big tent leadership.

T
K
O
Lightwizard

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2009 04:35 pm
@Diest TKO,
The only big tent he could conceive of would be a three-ring circus.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 3 May, 2009 09:37 am
@Diest TKO,
Here's a candidate for that big tent -- as a clown:

Miss USA contestant, Carrie Prejean, whose comments opposing same-sex marriage during last month's Miss USA pageant are blamed for her loosing "the crown" has fulfilled her position as a blond boob in more ways than one. She had breast augmentation surgery just weeks before that competition, Miss California Pageant Co-Director Keith Lewis confirmed. He also said reports that the Miss California pageant helped foot the bill for the operation were true. Looks like the vanity of fake body parts matches perfectly the prejudicial purity of her religious faith that promotes the exclusion pf an entire segment of society the legal use of a simple word in the dictionary. Marriage is just a word but in most state laws, it still includes certain rights that civil unions do not.
Diest TKO

Reply Sun 3 May, 2009 11:26 am
@Lightwizard,
Lightwizard wrote:

Here's a candidate for that big tent -- as a clown:

Miss USA contestant, Carrie Prejean, whose comments opposing same-sex marriage during last month's Miss USA pageant are blamed for her loosing "the crown" has fulfilled her position as a blond boob in more ways than one. She had breast augmentation surgery just weeks before that competition, Miss California Pageant Co-Director Keith Lewis confirmed. He also said reports that the Miss California pageant helped foot the bill for the operation were true. Looks like the vanity of fake body parts matches perfectly the prejudicial purity of her religious faith that promotes the exclusion pf an entire segment of society the legal use of a simple word in the dictionary. Marriage is just a word but in most state laws, it still includes certain rights that civil unions do not.

Nah, I don't really care about this. If people want to get cosmetic surgery, let em. I think she's shallow, but not for this reason.

T
K
O
Lightwizard

Reply Sun 3 May, 2009 11:46 am
@Diest TKO,
It's just that this clown should be embarassing to those who support Prop 8 -- essentially she's come back on the air wishing to be the spokesperson for anti-gay marriage, having already appeared in an anti-gay marriage commercial. I guess the reaction should be "give them enough rope,"
but it goes as it goes:

Gay marriage, marijuana votes signal NH change
2 hours ago

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) " Political scientists say recent votes by the New Hampshire Legislature reflect the state's shift toward a younger, more liberal demographic.

The state Senate voted last week to let gays marry and people with debilitating illnesses smoke marijuana. It's a historic change for a once reliably Republican and conservative state.

Dante Scala of the University of New Hampshire says gay marriage is historic legislation, but also is a matter of the Legislature catching up with the public.

But state GOP Chairman John H. Sununu believes the opposite. He says neither gay marriage nor legalizing marijuana reflects New Hampshire's values.

End of quote

Of course, this is to be expected from John SuNUNnu
spendius

Reply Sun 3 May, 2009 06:02 pm
@Lightwizard,
He's a troll no doubt. He can't help it. You should make allowances. Not everybody wants to live like you do however admirable it might be.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 11:11 am
Maine signs gay marriage law today. Go Maine!

The march of equality cannot be stopped and those who look to stand in the way are going to end up with footprints on their faces and shame in their hearts.

Cycloptichorn
Diest TKO

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 11:12 am
This Just In: Same Sex Marriage Bill Passes in Maine

CBS wrote:
Maine became the fifth state to allow same-sex marriage after Gov. John Baldacci signed a bill approved by the state legislature Wednesday.

The Senate voted for the bill on Wednesday but not by enough votes to override a veto.

source: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/05/06/national/main4996076.shtml

T
K
O
Diest TKO

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 11:18 am
@Diest TKO,
I little more detail here: http://www.miamiherald.com/772/story/1033428.html

T
K
O
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 11:23 am
@Cycloptichorn,
"Shame in their hearts?" I don't think so; they are oblivious to their push for discrimination against gays and lesbians. They believe they are doing god's work.
Diest TKO

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 11:26 am
@Cycloptichorn,
You beat me by one minute... probably by seconds...

But we are the same person right? I guess that means we always tie.

T
Kycloptichorn
O
0 Replies