money, how the hell does it work exactly?

spendius

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 01:31 pm
Without we would still be in mud huts. So it's not all that daft.

Read Spengler's essay on it. That will clue you in on how clueless you are. Old money (Classical) is static. Our money is dynamic which is a word, like "dynamite", deriving from the Greek word for "force".

By a process of some cunning it ideally roots out of the masses the creative minds which the upper-classes are too few to have many of.

If you convince a bank manager that you have a good idea he will lend you the money. And a good idea is one that nobody else has. So buying a house is never a good idea if too many people think it's a good idea unless you're a politician who exploits the fact that everybody who has bought a house wants confirmation that his was a good idea, as he usually does, in order to win through to power and lead us into the glorious future and to re-building, block on block, brick on brick and calloused hand on calloused hand" our wrecked and ruined world.

(Three pints Betty please and have one for yourself!)

With a screen backdrop showing Times Square during a busy period with neons flashing GIRLS GALS and GOILS and GRILLED ROADKILL signs at the last of the small change in your handbag.

RexRed

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 02:33 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Our money is dynamic which is a word, like "dynamite", deriving from the Greek word for "force".

The transliterated Greek word is "Dunamis" and is usually translated "power" as opposed to the prefix word "dyna" which means "to change" as in the word "dynamic"... the Greeks spoke of two types of power/energy which translate to our potential and kinetic forms of energy.

Where Dunamis is a type of potential energy not unlike dynamite which is inert potential energy until its fuse is lit, then it become kinetic energy.

The transliterated Greek word for kinetic energy is "Exousia" or exercised power/energy.
spendius

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 03:21 pm
@RexRed,
That's right. When a bank signs your loan a fuse is lit.

The only inert money in the financial system is that in your pocket, down the back of the sofa or under the mattress.

As soon as the check-out girl presses submit it's back in motion.
OGIONIK

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 02:44 am
@spendius,
i could care less what is in space or on tv, if we didnt have doctors more people would die and we would get stronger genetically, so whats the point?

i want freedom.

bleh but i guess that idea is a horse already. beaten so many times..
OGIONIK

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 02:53 am
i think without government interference we would be lightyears ahead of where we are now.

instead of trying to set fees on things, they would be free.

community, all i got to say.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 08:53 am
@OGIONIK,
Quote:
i could care less what is in space or on tv, if we didnt have doctors more people would die and we would get stronger genetically, so whats the point?

It is as well to care what is on TV. It affects large chunks of your life assuming you're not a recluse. It is a criminal offence not to know some things. One needs to know from day to day what is illegal. One might easily drop oneself in the **** otherwise. Think of all the laws that would dumbfound our forefathers. Save traffic laws for last.

Quote:
if we didnt have doctors more people would die and we would get stronger genetically, so whats the point?

The main point is that they are here and here to stay. Your statement is much more complex than you obviously think. What do you mean for example by "stronger"? The earth's environment has had a long time to perfect us genetically without the medical profession's help. Now there's a new environment for us.

And it keeps a lot of people occupied.
OGIONIK

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 08:55 am
@spendius,
lol..

i honestly dont care about laws until there is a police officer around Razz
spendius

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 09:26 am
@OGIONIK,
I assume you just mean as they apply to you. Are you saying that you wouldn't be indignant if your house was burgled when there was no police officer around. Do you think you would be as indignant as a mother who lost her child because some twat didn't care about traffic laws until there is a police officer around.

You should take care with "honesty" OGI. You could look seriously anti-social unless in the absence of police officers.

When you think about it we are evolved to be exactly like that. We must have been. There were no cops for most of it. And we know it deep down. That's why we are drawn to these movies the cops sell to TV of high speed car chases when the pursued attempts to "lose 'em" i.e. no cops around.

But fancy hi-jacking a $100 million dollar's worth of Saudi crude 400 miles out to sea. And the ship. Now that's what I call putting the cops on Ignore. I'm not saying I approve of such behaviour but from an evolutionary perspective it is admirable. They are the fat cats of their region. And young and fit. Even if they are caught most have them will have "effused" a few times. We have a thing about pirates. But we still string 'em from the yardarm so to speak.

How many burglers do you think there would be if there never were any police officers around.
OGIONIK

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 09:51 am
@spendius,
either way more or way less.
spendius

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 04:15 pm
@OGIONIK,
It would be hard to tell which.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 01:55 am
@OGIONIK,
Quote:
so how does the money go from printing press, to your pocket?

I dont understand the mathematics of this.

Mathematics my ass.

The money man

There was a man. Everyday the man would go to the tree, tend to the tree, pick the fruit and feed his family. One day the man went to the tree and another men was there and he had put a fence around the tree.

" I need to tend the tree and pick food for my family" The first man said.

The second man said "This is my tree now and you can only buy this fruit with money."

"where do I get the money" The first man asked.

"You get it from working for me on the tree then I print the money and pay you. Then you can buy the fruit from me," Said the second man.

So the first man worked for the second man, but soon the price of the fruit went up so the man had to work harder for the same amount of fruit. Soon the man could not keep up with the price and the work for the fruit so he took a loan from the second man except he had to pay back more then he had borrowwed. He called this interest.

Dept= slavery
0 Replies