DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 12:49 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

The treat is that next Wednesday has been set aside for all Obama supporters to vote.

yeah? really? you happy and proud about election fraud? ya think that's okay?
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 12:51 pm
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

He looked into the wrong camera?

What a maroon.

naw, it was a doc shot. he was talking to the audience.

seen the gilmour live stuff yet?
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 12:52 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Was Joe the plumber and wealth redistribution mentioned?

call joe's publicist and ask him.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 12:53 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Obama is selling the dumbmasses a widget.
He dresses it up and covers it with flowers, but it's still nothing more than a widget.

talking about mccain's palin pick?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 12:54 pm
@Butrflynet,

Why couldn't Obama cover all of his polices during that 30 minute infomercial?
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 01:00 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

cjhsa wrote:

They already have the same "civil rights" as everyone else. You have no right to get married in a church. You have no right to receive employer benefits.

You have a right to be treated equally by our government, and gays and lesbians are discriminated against in several ways. I agree that there is no right to be married in any church.

Cycloptichorn

if the government accepts anyone's tax money, that person is entitled to enjoy every liberty that the general citizenry has.

cjhsa

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 01:12 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
DontTreadOnMe wrote:

realjohnboy wrote:
Complacency is his worst enemy.

that's the biggest difference between dems and pubbies.

put a republican in a lion's den at 5am on election day and he will kill every lion in the pit with his bare teeth to get to the polling place.

obama's presidency is anything but a done deal.

[sharpens teeth]
Linkat

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 01:16 pm
@Butrflynet,
Yes - not every single line, but yes I have read the website.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 01:21 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
To be honest - (not that I've watched, but word of mouth of course so take it for what that is worth) - infomercial is to touch people more rather than relay facts - like any infomercial. It is not geared to information gathers...at least my take.

Basically I am not a fan of advertising and I despise infomercials.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 01:53 pm

Infomercials like what Obama put out are designed with one purpose - convince you to do something you normally would not do.

The whole idea is to baffle you with slick bull ****.

The vast majority of people that buy into this type of sales pitch suffer from terrible buyers remorse 2 weeks after the purchase.

The seller has what they want and the buyer is stuck with useless junk.
Thomas

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 02:05 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:
Infomercials like what Obama put out are designed with one purpose - convince you to do something you normally would not do.

Are you speaking from personal experience? Will you vote for Obama now?
OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 02:21 pm
I watched it later. I believe he set out to demonstrate that he can talk like a regular guy, to regular people, and connect with them. While not unbiased; I'd guess he was wildly successful. It would be tough for anyone with a brain in their head to listen to the man speak, and then buy into any of the more outlandish accusations against him. This regular Joe would very much like to have a beer with him.
engineer

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 02:28 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
I think that by buying time on all channels, it comes across as Presidential. When is the only time you can find the exact same thing on every channel? Presidential speech. The effect is certainly overwhelming.
OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 02:46 pm
@engineer,
Overwhelming, I wish. Were that the case; Ross Perot would have solved a lot of these problems before they got this big. Wink
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 03:01 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
I saw something like this about him (but not in infomercial form) I believe it was at the DNC when he was officially nominated. Sort of showed where he came from, grew up, current family life and I also thought it was well done. Like you said it made you want to go out and have a beer with the guy.
dagmaraka

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 03:07 pm
@Linkat,
I'm not a huge Obama fan (of course I would vote for him over McCain), but I thought the infomercial was well done. Got the key messages across, tugged on heart strings like a commercial should. Well done. Obama has a helluva team working for him.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 03:45 pm
@cjhsa,
cjhsa wrote:

[sharpens teeth]

Laughing

0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 03:49 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Basically I am not a fan of advertising and I despise infomercials.

yech. i can't stand them either. although used to get inspired by those old tony robbins infoms. that dude was mister calm... still didn't buy his books though.

if i had my druthers, i would have liked better having obama basically do a sort of fireside chat. but i understand why they went with the infom.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 06:21 pm
@Thomas,
Yes, I have convinced people to do things they normally would not do.
No, I will not vote for Obama.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 04:55 am
Quote:
Obama ad scores high Wednesday night ratings

More people tuned in to watch Barack Obama's infomercial last night than usually watch TV at all on Wednesdays.

The Hollywood Reporter says: "The Obama special was seen by 26.3 million viewers across broadcasters CBS, NBC and Fox, according to preliminary Nielsen ratings. If you add Spanish-language broadcaster Univision, that total climbs to 29.9 million."

On average, this outperformed all the usual broadcast programming in the 7 p.m. timeslot.

This season, a cumulative 23.1 million viewers each week have been tuning in those three networks on Wednesdays.

NBC was the winner, with the most viewers of all the networks (9.8 million).

Meanwhile, ABC -- the network that missed out on airing the Obama ad -- showed its regular Wednesday night show, "Pushing Daisies" ... which got a 16 percent boost in audience.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/tv/2008/10/obama_ad_scores_high_wednesday.html