What income is "middle class"?

Linkat

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 12:18 pm
@fbaezer,
My goodness you just reminded me of something that happened several years ago. My husband mentioned that his sister was having some financial difficulties (I forget exactly what). His sister married with 3 kids. Who has 2 cars " one a Mercedes and a house near the beach in California. They sold the house and moved to Washington state and bought a huge house. After buying the house, the discovered that it was a stretch for them. My husband said we should help them out. My response " we can’t afford a house so we live in a condo " at the time it was a very small condo about 800 sq feet, we have one old car and we are sending them money??? They shouldn’t have bought the house if they couldn’t afford it! And they have a Mercedes?!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 12:21 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
One of points - alot also depends on where you live and what the cost of living is. I could have the same salary in another state and buy a house double the size of my condo for less money - which I am actually trying to do currently so I know this for a fact and it isn't even in some small cow town 100 miles from a city.
0 Replies