Population Decline of White Non-Hispantic People

gollum

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2021 06:53 pm
I read that that there has been a decline in the number of white non-Hispanic people living in the U.S.

Why? Do white people have fewer babies?

maxdancona

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2021 09:02 pm
@gollum,
Wealthy people have fewer babies. White people tend to be wealthier than average.

Race is also a weird creation. If a white person and a non-white person have a child, the child is generally considered non-white (for example Barack Obama). This will decrease the number of people considered White.
gollum

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2021 04:48 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona-

Why do wealthier people have fewer babies?

I suspect that lower-income people might have a greater need for the wife to be working. Each child might add a degree of difficulty to that goal.

I believe that African American women have abortions at higher rates than white women.
engineer

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2021 06:27 am
@gollum,
You heard incorrectly, the number of white non-Hispanic people in the US has increased in every census since 1940 (and probably further back but I didn't look.)
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2021 06:50 am
@gollum,
I don't know why wealthier people have fewer babies (although anyone can speculate). That is what the data tell us.

I believe it is also true that African American women have abortions at higher rates. Again, that is simply data.
0 Replies