Obama's Definition of Rich Is 'Creeping Down'

Woiyo9

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 01:15 pm
My prediction is coming to reality......;.....

John McCain accused his Democratic rivals on Tuesday of steadily downgrading their definition of the middle class in an effort to hit more voters with tax increases.

"We can't let that happen," the Republican presidential nominee told a Pennsylvania audience.

Barack Obama has consistently said that families making less than $250,000 a year will not see a tax increase under his administration. He also says those making under $200,000 will see a tax cut.

But Obama's running mate, Joe Biden, told a Scranton, Pa., TV station on Monday that Obama's tax break "should go to middle class people -- people making under $150,000 a year."

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/28/mccain-obamas-definition-rich-creeping/comments/

That 250K line is HISTORY!!!!! Mark my words (to steal a phrase from Biden), anyone making over 60K will get their taxes increased and Obama will blame Bush and his "failed economic plan". The reality will be Pelosi and Reid will own Obama and dictate to him.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,527 • Replies: 12
No top replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 02:50 pm
@Woiyo9,
Quote:
Obama's Definition of Rich Is 'Creeping Down'

No it's not. Good god, calm down. You're gonna give yourself a heart attack.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 02:55 pm
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo, you're a moron.

No changes have been made to Obama's plans; Biden made a 'gaffe.' And you are pouncing on it the same way my kitten would a small fly which got into the house.

Lots of motion, definite excitement on your part; but at the end of the day, inconsequential.

Cycloptichorn
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 04:01 pm
@Cycloptichorn,

Obama's plan is to say and do anything to get elected.
All of his campaign promises are inconsequential after the election.
rabel22

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 05:03 pm
@H2O MAN,
Sort of like what Bush did to get himself elected.
boomerang

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 05:21 pm
I'm dead serious: is $150,000 a year "middle class"? $12,500 a month income.

I thought middle class was maybe half that, or less than half.

Am I really out of date? What the heck is middle class?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 05:22 pm
@rabel22,

Bush isn't running for president - get over it.
sozobe

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 05:26 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Actually, Biden didn't even make a gaffe:

Marc Ambinder wrote:
Well, the Obama campaign insists that its plan hasn't changed. Families making $250,000 or less will not see their taxes raised; families making less than $200,000 will see their taxes cut -- and some making more than that will -- depends on other factors, including your outstanding mortgage balance; individuals making less than $200,000 won't pay more and those making $150,000 will pay less.

This comports exactly with what Biden said today.

And it's pretty much what the Obama campaign has been saying all along... most every family making less than $250K would see a cut. None making less than that would see their taxes rise.

(In the second debate, Obama said: "If you make less than a quarter of a million dollars a year, you will not see a single dime of your taxes go up. If you make $200,000 a year or less, your taxes will go down.")

On Obama's tax cut website, I posed as the breadwinner for a family of four making $250,000 a year; I'm older than 65 and I pay child care expenditures. The result: no tax cut for me.

Then I inputed an annual salary of between $150,000 and $200,000 and said I had at least three dependents. My tax cut would be roughly $500.

One can question the wisdom of raising taxes (or letting the Bush tax cuts on the wealthy expire), but it's not accurate to say that Obama has changed his plan.

http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/archives/2008/10/stunning_obama_changes_tax_pla.php
JTT

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 06:57 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
Bush isn't running for president - get over it.

Easier said than done given the monumental screwups orchestrated by these criminals. Funny how you don't want to discuss Bush 'cause McCain is simply Bush3 and he would carry off more monumental fuckups.

0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 07:02 pm
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:

Actually, Biden didn't even make a gaffe:

Marc Ambinder wrote:
. . . depends on other factors, including your outstanding mortgage balance; individuals making less than $200,000 won't pay more and those making $150,000 will pay less.

This comports exactly with what Biden said today.

And it's pretty much what the Obama campaign has been saying all along... most every family making less than $250K would see a cut. None making less than that would see their taxes rise.

http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/archives/2008/10/stunning_obama_changes_tax_pla.php

This is so cool. And all I would have to do is come up with a mortgage I can't afford?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 07:06 pm
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo wants to extend his humblest apologies to Senator Biden and everyone here at A2K for being wrong, again. His knee jerk reactions to everything he reads at right wingnut websites clouds his judgments and this, like so many of his postings, is the result.
rosborne979

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 09:58 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
Woiyo wants to extend his humblest apologies to Senator Biden and everyone here at A2K for being wrong, again. His knee jerk reactions to everything he reads at right wingnut websites clouds his judgments and this, like so many of his postings, is the result.

That was very nice of him.

0 Replies

Woiyo9

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 06:05 am
@JTT,
You and your girlfriend Cyclo seem to think the spoken word has no meaning.

You and your want us to believe that when the spoken word of Biden is posted on a web site acurately, we should consider the web site a "rightwingnut" website.

You are typical of the Democratic Partisan who refuse to accept the FACT that Obama is just another in a long line of slick talking, empty suit liberal Democrats who will say and do anything to be elected.

You may be fool enough to buy into Obama's rhetoric. You may be fool enough to believe that if Obama wins and gets in bed with Bella Pelosi and Hairy Reid, those 3 will suck the property I earn right from my pocket and continue to spend away as is typical with the Liberal agenda.

One day you fools will wake up and understand that.

Until then, feel free to lay whatever colorful attacks you feel necessary on me that only really coverup the ignorance you have.
0 Replies