A message from the Queen

ancient punk

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 11:46 am
What I like here is that nobody has actually said no I'm not doing this. We've just had a general discussion on the finer points of recolonisation and some minor disagreement about sports! By jove it might just work Dadpad.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 01:12 pm
@patiodog,
There is something of that in all these things. I think they are all silly sods once they have a million. They are basically gambling games.

It passes the time.
patiodog

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 01:17 pm
@spendius,
As does the harangue...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 02:26 pm
@patiodog,
patiodog wrote:

Splitter!

And?????
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 02:38 pm
@patiodog,
patiodog wrote:

. . . so I'll bow to your experience in saying that it is in fact a grueling test of character.

What a sport!
patiodog

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 02:40 pm
@roger,
Though it pained me to say so...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 03:54 pm
Howdy PPD
patiodog

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 05:14 pm
As to the relative merits of the cousin cultures, I do have to give the nod to the Brits for Parliament. I can't speak to function, but theatre (please note spelling here) of the thing is brilliant. Whereas our elected representatives drone on in after-hours sessions to empty rooms for the benefit of C-Span cameras, Parliament (at least from what I've seen of it) is rife with drama, confrontations, insults, barbed wit...

It's not Thailand, where brawls have erupted, but it's good stuff.
hamburger

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 05:44 pm
@patiodog,
british parliamentarians have to sit on pretty uncomfortable benches holding on to a notepad !

http://www.isgtw.org/images/britishparliament.jpg

canadian parliamentarians live in outright luxury !
individual chairs and desks !

http://www.patcarney.ca/Images/Secondary/senate/senatepic.jpg
Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 05:54 pm
@hamburger,
I have sat in the balcony of that Senate room in Ottawa, hbg (and the Commons meeting room, too) and I agree with you -- their accommodations are every bit as luxurious as the U.S. Congress. No wonder the Parliamentary meetings in the UK don't seem to drag on the way they do on this side of the pond -- those blokes want to get the hell out of there and have a snifter at their club, sitting in a comfortable chair.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 06:04 pm
@hamburger,
If you look at hbg pic can you tell apart the party of the fat cats from the party of the workers?

The speaker in the pic at the Despatch Box will, when he has sat down, be answered by his oppo opposite him. When this happens the camera shows him full frontal and the lady in the pale blue or green frock behind him gets a chance to cross and recross her legs which it is accepted practice for her to grab.

But lest you have the wrong impression the pic shows a "high" occasion. Normally it is similar to what was earlier described as happening in your chambers.

I think the reasons they have high ceilings is to symbolise their sense of self.

Most of them are sexually depraved judging by the ones who have been caught.
margo

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 08:04 pm
@Setanta,
good to see Setanta bringing a veneer of..............?? to this discussion.

G'day Dogman!
Setanta

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 08:37 pm
@margo,
G'day, Sheila . . .

PPD should read up on the origins of "the mother of parliaments" . . . in the American vernacular, it sure is a mother . . .
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 09:19 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

Well, to be fair, one is unlikely to be caught not being depraved. And do any of them top old Prince Chuck for sheer loss of dignity?

I'm waiting for the movie.
spendius

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 02:39 pm
@patiodog,
Quote:
Well, to be fair, one is unlikely to be caught not being depraved. And do any of them top old Prince Chuck for sheer loss of dignity?

You sound like a happily married man pd caught not being depraved. Have you something against depravity?

And that quote isn't mine.
patiodog

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 05:40 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Have you something against depravity?

God no.
spendius

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 06:37 pm
@patiodog,
Good.

There's a need to know the background on our Bonnie Prince. His formative experiences.
dadpad

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 08:17 am
@spendius,
I believe the bonnie prince had some educative experience on my mountain.

next time you chat with him ask him about his time at hut.
spendius

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 09:15 am
@dadpad,
I would guess dp that at the time of which you speak the "preferred pathways", as they are sometimes called, of our Bonnie Prince, were already firmly fixed.
0 Replies