Damage likely to be permanent

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 02:44 pm
@JTT,
I do not claim to be a constitutional expert. But I can read and sometimes even understand what I read. I don't try to pretend that personally insulting people is a substitute for intelligent debate. It very definitely looks as if Obama is looking for people for the courts who will empathise with people and make judgments on that basis more than any application of the existing law, however.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 02:53 pm
@Foxfyre,
So there are judges in the USA who don't follow the law and out of these Obama will elect those for the (higher) courts.
Foxfyre

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 02:56 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Why in the world would you say anything that absurd Walter? I don't think Obama will do that at all. I think that very well may be the result of many he will choose for the courts however. He either believes in constructionism or he doesn't, and he has said nothing that I've heard or read to suggest that he does. I think it is dangerous and 100% wrong headed to put empathy and personal feelings ahead of the law of the land.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 02:59 pm
With Congress demonstrating its lowest approval ratings in history, I also don't understand people who think highly enough of Reid and Pelosi to give Congress a veto proof and filibuster proof license to do anything they want along with the most liberal President ever to be elected to office.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 02:59 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

With Congress demonstrating its lowest approval ratings in history, I also don't understand people who think highly enough of Reid and Pelosi to give Congress a veto proof and filibuster proof license to do anything they want along with the most liberal President ever to be elected to office.

Funny, the Dem half of Congress isn't polling at it's lowest historical point.

Cycloptichorn
gungasnake

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 03:01 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
You don't think there's any difference, between the attitudes of George Bush - Mr. 'The Constitution is just a piece of paper' - and Obama, Mr. Constitutional Professor...

"Professor" you say???

I mean, the word "to" is exactly one half of the infinitive form of every verb in the English language. Two letters, one syllable, and that's too tough for your "professor", he can't manage it. Unless "tuh" is supposed to be the new version of Chicago Ebonics these days, or maybe being the very leftmost member of the U.S. Senate does that to somebody....
Foxfyre

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 03:05 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Even if that is true--you didn't back it up with anything as usual--it is only because 40% of those polled believe the Congress is still in Republican hands. Of course that 40% are almost certainly all Democrats. The other day Hannity devoted more than an hour asking Obama supporters to call in. They did so in a constant stream. He was friendly and cordial to all and asked each one to name one significant thing that Obama can point to as a personal accomplishment. Not a single one could do so.

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 03:19 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

Even if that is true--you didn't back it up with anything as usual--it is only because 40% of those polled believe the Congress is still in Republican hands. Of course that 40% are almost certainly all Democrats.

Laughing

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 04:05 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
"Professor" you say???

I mean, the word "to" is exactly one half of the infinitive form of every verb in the English language. Two letters, one syllable, and that's too tough for your "professor", he can't manage it. Unless "tuh" is supposed to be the new version of Chicago Ebonics these days,

What are you babblin' about, Gunga?
0 Replies