So.....I voted for Obama...

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 04:12 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
McCain couldn't get the republicans to follow his "lead" during the bailout legislation, but if Palin had shown up, who knows?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 04:13 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
With your hope and a quarter, u can make a fone call.

David, I'll bet you a Santa gatling gun, candy-striped rail gun, and gun-toting elf riding a mecha-Rudolph that if Obama gets into office he will do nothing to challenge the 2nd Ammendment. I assume we'll both be floating around A2K in 4 years in order to pay up.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/xLIGHTSx/StarWars/NaughtyorNice/b.jpg

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 04:23 pm
@maporsche,
Good for you map. Your face must look and feel much better with your nose still attached. I wouldn't worry about your guns. The man has bigger fish to fry.
maporsche

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 04:36 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Believe me I'm worried...and if he or the democrats in congress do anything to take them away, I'll never vote for a democrat again...scouts honor.
Green Witch

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 04:56 pm
@maporsche,
Why would anyone want to kick a hornets nest full of gun lovers? The pro-gun lobby is far more vocal and well funded than the anti-gun folks. I think Obama is smart enough to know that he already has a target painted over his heart, and he is not going to go out of his way to provoke a bunch of paranoid fanatics who might want to express their opinions over his dead body.
maporsche

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 05:00 pm
@Green Witch,
GW, I think that your characterization is more than a little unfair.
Green Witch

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 05:05 pm
@maporsche,
Don't take it personally, it wasn't really aimed at you. But you have to admit some people on this forum fit the description. Actually, I've always liked you and O'Bill because, although you each have conservative leanings, you both also have independent minds that look at the facts and make decisions based on the big picture.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 05:05 pm
@maporsche,
I agree. He won't use up political capital in the honeymoon period by taking on gun owners.

I'm more worried about what he'll do to my healthcare which right now is completely affordable and excellent.

I'm worried what he will do to the capital gains on our IRAs and 401K - if he throws the market into another tail spin or slows the recovery by raising capital gains taxes on those able to infuse large amounts of money into the market, there won't be anything left of them to worry about.

I'm worried about the sort of judges he will appoint to the courts and what sort of laws they will overturn in the name of ideology.

I am worried how many new entitlements will be initiated that will become giant albatrosses as most entitlements do on down the line.

I am worried that those who manipulated the system for their own personal gain and brought down the economy will never be named, much less be held acccountable for what they did.

But the guns, he probably won't bother with for awhile.

Green Witch

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 05:11 pm
@Foxfyre,
Quote:
I'm more worried about what he'll do to my healthcare which right now is completely affordable and excellent.

May I ask what kind of health plan you have? Is it supplied by your employer? You are in the minority of Americans and I'm curious as to where your coverage comes from.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 05:12 pm
@Foxfyre,
Fox, You failed to listen to Obama's health plan, didn't you? Also, your fear of another "market tailspin or slows the economy" shows you know very little about economics. Many already lost over half of their 401ks and IRAs. As for the economy, most of the so-called "experts" including Bernanke have said that the recovery will be slow.

You're worried about "the sort of judges he will appoint?" You've got to be kidding. You want a judge that will remove Roe vs Wade? What happened to the conservative gibberish about smaller government and less intrusion into our private lives?

Which "entitlements" are you afraid of, and why?

About government "manipulating the system for their own personal gain," you' ve missed all those from the Bush gang during the past eight years. How do you expect to identify any from the liberals? You've probably never heard of Halliburton, or all those no-bid contracts given to friends of the "family."
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 05:20 pm
@Green Witch,
Prior to becoming eligible for Medicare, we had an excellent plan through a local HMO - quite affordable and we purchased it on our own at a reasonable cost. Once we were eligible for Medicare we were signed up, of course, but purchased the supplemental that we needed on our own and it has been terrific seeing hubby through cancer surgery and follow up and miscelleneous other items.

If Obama's healthcare plan makes it difficult for our local healthcare plan to continue operating as it currently does though, and nobody knows for sure how all that is going to work, then we might find ourselves with doctors we didn't choose and don't care for and in other situations that would be far less satisfactory than what we have.

And since not a single objective analysis of Obama's healthcare plan has ruled it to be free of problems, not one of you knows how that is all going to work any more than I do.

I like McCains idea of a credit to make healthcare affordable plus portability (which we do not currently have) better.

It is a valid concern.
roger

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 05:23 pm
@maporsche,
Porsche, I feel your pain, and I'm not being sarcastic. I won't vote early. I might even pass on a vote for president. Since the second debate, I've been leaning Obamawards, but not at all sure I can actually pull the lever. My conscience would bother me, no matter which one I pulled.

Second amendment? Wow. Obama is bad, Biden is worse, and McCain don't look so good, either. Palin is right there, but look at all the freight that she's carrying. Biden comes across as the most "decent person" out there, and I don't like his political history.

What to do? Maybe somebody will shoot him/herself in the foot in the next couple of weeks and make a clear choice.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 05:25 pm
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/xLIGHTSx/StarWars/NaughtyorNice/b.jpg

Where can I get one?
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 05:30 pm
@roger,
If you go back a page or two...
roger

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 05:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
No, CI. I want it fed to me with a spoon.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 05:38 pm
@roger,
somewhere in here

the spoons are in the dishwasher
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 05:40 pm
@Green Witch,
Quote:

David, I'll bet you a Santa gatling gun, candy-striped rail gun,
and gun-toting elf riding a mecha-Rudolph that if Obama gets into
office he will do nothing to challenge the 2nd Ammendment.
I assume we'll both be floating around A2K in 4 years in order to pay up.

Well after the HELLER decision came out,
he raised the issue suo sponte, of doing a job on the 2nd Amendment.

From his history, as well as his projected body language,
we know that, emotionally, he hates guns and freedom of their ownership.
He is NOT a friend of freedom.

When issues of controversy are argued,
it is usually not hard to understand who is genuinely on your side
and who can only barely restrain his impassioned hatred
of your side of the dispute.

If he is busy with other matters,
he can still take a minute to command underlings
to undertake a job for him and report back.

There was a UN sanctioned international meeting
to ban or curtail as much as possilble civilian gun possession.
W sent John Bolton as our Ambassador; he is strongly pro-freedom.
Obama woud do the opposite; send some anti-gun nut
and use his authority to order ATF to harass gun owners,
the gun manufacturing industry, and gun shops out of business, if at all possible.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 05:41 pm
@Foxfyre,
Thanks Fox. I don't think much would change for you under the Obama outline. His plan is aimed more at people like me (a small business owner) and my employees who cannot afford market rates. McCain wants to tax existing plans and that would not be good for companies or their employees - that would probably not effect you either. Neither plan is perfect, but I think Obama's has more promise for the uninsured. The tax credit McCain offers does not work for me, I only pay about $2000 in income tax as it is, and my insurance coverage would be around $7,000.

I thought this site did a good job of looking at the two plans:
http://decision.healthcare.com/obama-mccain/
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 05:47 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:

I'll never vote for a democrat again...scouts honor.

Obama 's followers may well tell u " that 's OK:
we are suspending elections indefinitely.
We 'll let u know when we need another one "
after the public has been disarmed.
Think of the Turks n the Armenians, the Germans n the Jews,
the Mormons and the Fancher party.
Green Witch

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 05:48 pm
@roger,
Quote:
Where can I get one?

Sorry, Roger, I don't know. I did a Google image search using the term "crazy gun toy" and this picture came up. It was on someone's blog and I think he used Leggos to build it.
0 Replies