Palin, she's got my vote!

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 05:33 pm
With regard to the American political
or jurisprudential scene, being conservative means
being orthodox, rigidly adhering to the principles enshrined
by the Founders of the Republic in the US Constitution,
whereas being liberal means veering away therefrom.

David
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 05:38 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Liberals have grown while conservatives stayed the same. But, wait, McCain approved the "rescue" plan, and is now pushing his bailout of homeowners with "government" money.

And you're going to vote for McCain? LOL
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 05:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Well, I 'm going to vote for Nobama and for Sarah Palin.

David
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 07:10 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
No. It doesn't. And you know better than to spout such goofy stuff.

Joe(yes. you do. so stop it.)Nation
revel

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 07:13 pm
Quote:
Alaska panel finds Palin abused power in firing

ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Sarah Palin unlawfully abused her power as governor by trying to have her former brother-in-law fired as a state trooper, the chief investigator of an Alaska legislative panel concluded Friday. The politically charged inquiry imperiled her reputation as a reformer on John McCain's Republican ticket.

Investigator Stephen Branchflower, in a report by a bipartisan panel that investigated the matter, found Palin in violation of a state ethics law that prohibits public officials from using their office for personal gain.

The inquiry looked into her dismissal of Public Safety Commissioner Walter Monegan, who said he lost his job because he resisted pressure to fire a state trooper involved in a bitter divorce with the governor's sister. Palin says Monegan was fired as part of a legitimate budget dispute.

The panel found that Palin let the family grudge influence her decision-making even if it was not the sole reason Monegan was dismissed. "I feel vindicated," Monegan said. "It sounds like they've validated my belief and opinions. And that tells me I'm not totally out in left field."

Branchflower said Palin violated a statute of the Alaska Executive Branch Ethics Act.

Palin and McCain's supporters had hoped the inquiry's finding would be delayed until after the presidential election to spare her any embarrassment and to put aside an enduring distraction as she campaigns as McCain's running mate in an uphill contest against Democrat Barack Obama.

But the panel of lawmakers voted to release the report, although not without dissension.

"I think there are some problems in this report," said Republican state Sen. Gary Stevens, a member of the panel. "I would encourage people to be very cautious, to look at this with a jaundiced eye."

The nearly 300-page report does not recommend sanctions or a criminal investigation.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081011/ap_on_el_pr/palin_troopergate
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 07:16 pm
@revel,
Not worth the paper it's written on.
revel

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 07:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Huh?
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 07:43 pm
@revel,
Actually, what I learned just a few minutes ago is that the state legislature can bring a charge of impeachment against her, but with a republican legislature, we can expect it to slide by.... Yup, worth the piece of paper it's written on.

Her abuse of power was followed by her trying to interfere in the investigation.
The conservatives are saying "HURRAY!"
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 08:27 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Bible Spice.

Laughing Laughing that's priceless...

http://www4.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/McCain+Palin+Campaign+Ohio+3CsabeX6cYAl.jpg

"oh tell me whatya want, whatya really, really want !"

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 08:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Her abuse of power was followed by her trying to interfere in the investigation....

like i said; just another dick in lipstick...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 08:42 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
Hey, don't knock it; sex sells. All them joe sixpacks are all gah-gah over her.
islandgirl

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 09:28 pm
@ebrown p,
Thanks all

Palin's interest groups are ever growing. Let's start with the National Rifle Association, pro oil drilling off the American coasts, possible conservationist (somewhat questionable for me), right to life, children with disablilties, pro Israel, Bible beater, teenage and unwed pregnancies, and of course the PTA to name the more major ones that come to mind.

At this point I'd be curious to know how Ted Nugent will vote.

Gotta love the wink and the "you betcha's". Raised in a small town in Iowa, she is going to get my vote. I know that she is somewhat new to the scene, but maybe that's what we need right now. I will be traveling back to Chicago just to make sure that my vote counts. I'm Republican true and true, I like to have more control of my own money, I find that the Democrats have a way of giving it away to the "underprivledged" who refuse to work and earn their own way or arrogant unions who have insane fees.
dyslexia

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 09:53 pm
@islandgirl,
islandgirl wrote:

Thanks all

Palin's interest groups are ever growing. Let's start with the National Rifle Association, pro oil drilling off the American coasts, possible conservationist (somewhat questionable for me), right to life, children with disablilties, pro Israel, Bible beater, teenage and unwed pregnancies, and of course the PTA to name the more major ones that come to mind.

At this point I'd be curious to know how Ted Nugent will vote.

Gotta love the wink and the "you betcha's". Raised in a small town in Iowa, she is going to get my vote. I know that she is somewhat new to the scene, but maybe that's what we need right now. I will be traveling back to Chicago just to make sure that my vote counts. I'm Republican true and true, I like to have more control of my own money, I find that the Democrats have a way of giving it away to the "underprivledged" who refuse to work and earn their own way or arrogant unions who have insane fees.
I'm thinking you accidently wandered into the wrong forum, perhaps if you ask nicely you could get foxfyre to provide some tips on finding some forums that support mental illness as political ideology.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 10:02 pm
@islandgirl,
I've some long time Republican friends and they are not so happy, as serious people.

I won't dig at Island Girl except as a representative of some stuff.

I'm more interested in how various values can be expressed, and I do care that the conservative side of things is well elucidated.

I was talking with Dys today about an article I'm near finished with in the NYer on letters from Norman Mailer/how he kept or changed thinking over time. Let no one mistake me for a Mailer fan. To me, prince of Arro-gy. And yet... and yet...
all those letters of off the fingers thought ending with 'Love, Norman'.

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 01:22 am
@DontTreadOnMe,
Quote:
"oh tell me whatya want, whatya really, really want !"

That 's democracy.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 01:26 am
@dyslexia,
Quote:

I'm thinking you accidently wandered into the wrong forum,
perhaps if you ask nicely you could get foxfyre to provide some
tips on finding some forums that support mental illness as political ideology.

LIBERAL CENSORSHIP.
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 12:23 pm
@islandgirl,
islandgirl wrote:
... Raised in a small town in Iowa, ....I'm Republican true and true, I like to have more control of my own money, I find that the Democrats have a way of giving it away to the "underprivledged" who refuse to work...

if you're from a small town, you know that not every person who is poor or "underprivileged" is in that situation because they "refuse to work".

that doesn't mean that i don't see any abuse of the system, just that it's not a complete picture of the social structure of america to say that anyone who is poor is a lazy slob.

btw, if you pay any income tax, property tax,... any kind of tax other than sales, you have already lost control of your money.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 01:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Hey, don't knock it; sex sells. All them joe sixpacks are all gah-gah over her.

jeez, no kidding. they've made her a celebrity. i thought that was supposed to be bad. guess that's only in effect when obama exhibits any charisma.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 08:07 pm
@islandgirl,
Quote:
Come on guys,

She hits the majority of major interest groups, and OK, I like her. Bring it on!

Did you write another posting in this whole thread, IslandGirl? You were just trying to get some wind energy for a windmill system for your St Thomas pad, weren't you? Wink

0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 08:16 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Quote:

I'm thinking you accidently wandered into the wrong forum,
perhaps if you ask nicely you could get foxfyre to provide some
tips on finding some forums that support mental illness as political ideology.

LIBERAL CENSORSHIP.

No, that's funny!, although the Poopity Head did misspell "accidentally".
0 Replies