fellow travelers

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 04:02 pm
I was trying to put all my software and programs back together after a really strange (non-viral) event when my mouse went bad. So I left the apartment walked up the long stairs to the grocery to get a pound of shrimp and something for dessert (a brownie) then I went down the stairs to Staples which as it happens is right across the street from this little bodega liquor store---(the kind which has everything behind plexiglass) and got a bottle of red wine. So I am chomping down the shrimp with a little salad and wondering if I should vote Liberal.

Joe(I am definitely not voting for the fear mongers.)Nation
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 04:52 pm
@dyslexia,
Quote:

he too was a liberal but was going to vote Obama anyway.

OF COURSE.
Obama is even to the left of Ted Kennedy.
NO senator is to Obama 's left.

By WHAT reasoning coud any liberal POSSIBLY not vote for Obama ?
Castro and Pol Pot woud vote for Obama.

I wanna hear THIS.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 11:33 pm
Just yesterday, I was taking a breather from my daily routine of crushing the American worker, and engineering weapons sales to rebel groups in the Congo, and I decided it might be nice to sit a spell in the park outside my office. Thought I might even feed a few pigeons. Lure them in sort of, and then pull out my Glock and turn them into feather dusters.

Anyways, while I was sitting there just enjoying God's natural bounty, this old coot hobbled on by. He was wearing a battered Stetson, and had a week of grey grizzle on his craggy face. With his missing teeth and all he reminded me of Gabby Hayes.

I called to him, "Hey Old Timer, is that a Che Lives t-shirt you're wearing?"

He paused for a moment and chewed his cud a bit and answered, "Why yes it is you capitalist swine. I have been a liberal my long and sorry life and remain one to this day. Ole Che is the best damned leader this country could ever have (exceptin maybe for Mao or Dennis Kucinich) and Obama can't pack half his salt."

Right about then a truck hoped the curb and mowed the old coot down. I was right sorry as I was sort of amused by his home spun schtick, and his brain matter got on my boots besides.

roger

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 11:43 pm
@JTT,
She works in a concentration camp. Beans. Monday thru Saturday, it's beans. Sunday - beans with catsup.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 01:19 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Well, u coud clean your boots with that shirt.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 01:23 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Which shirt?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 01:27 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
the one with che on it
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 01:29 am
That 's what che 's face is FOR
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 02:18 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Now I get it

Pretty macabre though to take the shirt off a dead man's body and clean his brains off my boots.

You may have taken my attempt at humor to a place not intended.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 04:21 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Still, that was the reason that che 's face was incarnated.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 07:42 am
Is it just the new format or have these kinds of threads funny threads been around all this time?

The doctor put me on new medication for my chronic headaches and I have up been up all hours (supposed to make you sleepy) so I was reading in the early hours this morning and laughed my head off in the 'Obama wants to do this ...' thread and now I find myself even chuckling at Finn's here...refreshing

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 07:45 am
@revel,
I hope that your head feels better, Revel.

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 07:48 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:

Pretty macabre though to take the shirt off a dead man's body
and clean his brains off my boots.

probably EASIER to do it, than before he was dead

Revel, if u have time on your hands,
will u test this to see which way is easier ?
revel

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 09:00 am
@OmSigDAVID,
I am not sure what test you are talking about.

But as far as my headache, thank you for asking. It is too soon to say yet though. So far it is merely keeping me sleepless. I hope if I find myself wondering around in my house at night like a ghost tonight I find some more interesting threads like I have been lately.

ehBeth

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 09:15 am
@revel,
Anyone want any Tetley tea samples?

Apparently they're being delivered to my house in time to be handed out to parents on Hallowe'en. How did this happen?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 09:30 am
@revel,
Quote:

I hope if I find myself wondering around in my house at night
like a ghost tonight I find some more interesting threads like I have been lately.

If u don 't FIND them, then WRITE THEM UP for us.

The test was for u to find out whether it is EASIER
to get a shirt off of a dead man,
or to get it from him BEFORE he is dead,
and report back to us with your findings.
revel

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 01:08 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Oh, well, in the first place my jokes are not that good, which is why I go and search out ones that are. I probably would be more apt to ask the old timer on the side of the road if he needed help than to take his shirt dead or alive. Least I would like to think so. I might be too scared because I wouldn't know him. No offense dys. Guess I would just leave you bleeding to death on Finn's boots.

You know we liberals like to talk a good game, but if I see a scary guy on the side of the road or something, I don't know, when I am all by myself-- I have to admit I don't stop. I have often wondered if it counts against us in the parable of the Good Samaritan. I am Kind of wondering far afield here.
0 Replies