I Know Everyone Hates This Word

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 02:18 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
Quote:
it looked that way to me too. he'd had enough.

Yeah.
I voted for him grudgingly.

" read my lips . . . " liar.

When he lost, I took a certain perverted pleasure in it.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 04:15 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Actually, I don't hate the c word at all.

It's a damn fine Anglo Saxon word that can be used perfectly lovingly and excitingly in its correct context.

I do mind that a word for part of a woman's body is seen as the most offensive possible thing to call anyone.

In my social milieu we agreed long ago that, if you wish to denigrate someone by calling them a sexual organ, you damn well use the words for your own sexual organ instead of abusing anyone else's.

I can think of a whole range of perfectly accurate words to describe the behaviour you are criticising, but would prefer, if you wish to use sexual organs to describe something you abhor, then go with some version of prick.

Mame

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 05:28 pm
@dlowan,
I second that.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 05:40 pm
@dlowan,
Quote:
I do mind that a word for part of a woman's body is seen as the most offensive possible thing to call anyone.

In my social milieu we agreed long ago that, if you wish to denigrate someone by calling them a sexual organ, you damn well use the words for your own sexual organ instead of abusing anyone else's.

I mind that too, Dlowan. But for someone who can use **** both as an object of affection and a insult, it seems sexist to demand that only one's SO be used for the latter. Just as **** has plenty of meanings, so does ****.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 09:02 pm
@dlowan,
but I don't care about your preferences in how I express myself. I'm a prick. Wink Razz
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 04:15 am
The most repugnant words are: "discriminatory income taxation".

(Everyone shoud be treated equally)

David
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 08:01 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

what's your point?

That you condemn behavior on the part of the conservatives that the liberals are just as guilty of, and that you, yourself are guilty of.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 08:09 am
@Brandon9000,
IMO bush has earned any and all disdain and disrespect he gets by his actions...and in addition...I'm just a scumbag musician....I'm not running for president.
Ragman

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 08:36 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
FWIW, my assessment of Bush AND Congress's legacy:

With the help of the do-less-than-nothing-Congress, allowed USA to be bogged down perhaps for the next 10 or 20 years in Iraq, Pakistan/Afghanistan and possibly soon Iran.

Blindly followed the lack of good int'l intelligence about WMD in Iraq to get us stuck in a war that has no justification or exit strategy.

He almost single-handedly caused the erosion of world opinion towards USA with his policies and blundering lack of understanding of the big picture.

Ignored scientific evidence about global warming and retarded the development towards a greener envirnoment and seeking out policies toward gaining energy independence.

Contributed mightily with his ignorance of the present recession/downturn in economy by ignoring the effects of featherbedding his oil buddies in petrol and banking industries.

Committed war crimes and allowed the torture of suspected enemies and non-convicted detainees in Guantanamo Bay and elsewhere..ignoring the Geneva convention.

Lastly, did little if anything towards the capture of bin Laden when it was possible to catch him early in the process after 9/11.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 09:19 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

IMO bush has earned any and all disdain and disrespect he gets by his actions...and in addition...I'm just a scumbag musician....I'm not running for president.

I imagine that all of the people you refer to would tell you that the objects of their disdain have earned it. Saying that is worth nothing in this discussion. The bottom line is that liberals have treated the president like a dog, ridiculed him, attributed every good act that they can't make out to be bad to ulterior motives, accused him of every conceivable conspiracy, made jokes about his speaking mistakes, invented fictions which have him doing unworthy things that he never actually did, and are absolutely guilty as sin of what you are objecting to. Nothing McCain has done even registers on the scale compared to what liberal politicians have done to the president.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 10:16 am
OK, I will bow out seeing I've been ignored.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 10:33 am
@Ragman,
I am not ignoring.... I just checked back in. I positively agree with you 100%.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 10:45 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
PS this is exactly how bush 41 treated Clinton.... how'd that work out for him?

Ah yes, but in a lot of ways that's pretty much how Bush 43 treated John McCain, and that worked out pretty good for that idiot. Poor McCain. When he was a man of honor, dishonorable men dishonored him, and now that he has the chance to show that he is a man of honor again, he goes and dishonors another honorable man.

I feel bad for the guy. Not bad enough to vote for he and Governor Mooseknuckle, but I do feel for him a little bit.
Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 10:48 am
OK, all you children -- march straight to the bathroom and wash your mouths out with soap. After that, straight to bed without supper. Don't even dream of watching TV tonight.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 10:56 am
@kickycan,
screw him I say...
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 11:21 am
@kickycan,
What did McCain do that was rong ?
cjhsa

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 11:35 am
@OmSigDAVID,
What McCain did that was wrong was he called his former captors "gooks" on the campaign trail. He should have called them "******* asshole gooks".
kickycan

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 12:25 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
The smears, the lies, the distortions. You know, playing by the official GOP guide to running a campaign.
Sglass

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 08:54 pm
I look to the most erudite here explain the etomology of ****.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 09:05 pm
@cjhsa,
Why would you, of all people, CJ, [ Laughing ] be encouraging McCain to make a bigger ass of himself than he already is?
0 Replies