Character, CIC and Judges

Woiyo9

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2008 06:16 am
To me, these are the 3 basic critical issues that one needs to analyze when it is time to make their selection on who they will vote for for President in a few weeks. All the BS about each candidates tax plan, health care is bunk and empty promises.

JUDGES - It is quite apparent that Obama will look to replace any retireing Justice on the USSC with liberal leaning justices. I expect the same at all levels of the federal court.

OBAMA's Quote - "We need somebody who's got the heart, the empathy, to recognize what it's like to be a young teenage mom. The empathy to understand what it's like to be poor, or African-American, or gay, or disabled, or old. And that's the criteria by which I'm going to be selecting my judges."

Interpreting the Constitution is obviously not part of Obamas selection criteria.

John McCain will select more conservative or at least "middle" justices which I could support.

CIC - No question as to who would be a better CIC. McCains vast military experience and his knowledge of how NOT to fight a war makes this issue easy for me.

Character - What continues to bother me about partisan Democrats is that you ignore this critical issue. How can I be comfortable with someone who has a 20 year association with a racist and Anti American church? How can I trust someone who chooses to have their children baptised by the same hate spewing "pastor" who admitted that 9-11 was "our fault" and we deserved what we got"? How can I trust some one who chooses to be associated with a known domestic terrorist like Bill Ayers? How can I trust someone who NEVER EVER voted against his "Party"?

While McCain has some "character" issues like how he could have been suckered into the Keating 5 affair, he was man enough to stand up and admit his errors and, relative to that issue, became more and more of a "reformer". McCain has always demonstrated the ability to compromise and reach across the aisle to get the job done.

For these reasons, to me, John McCain is the best option we have for President on November 4th.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 338 • Replies: 0
No top replies