Famous people love Palin!

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 02:53 pm
Note the attribution to this quote, on ads which ran on several newspaper's websites today:

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr50/canuckster_or/ad.jpg

I think things are getting a little ridiculous in the McCain campaign. Amateurish errors.

Pretty funny tho Laughing

Cycloptichorn
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 551 • Replies: 10
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 03:00 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
That's not photoshopped?

Heh.

This just happened too, with the "McCain Wins Debate!" stuff that appeared before the debate happened. (I saw that one actually up several places.)
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 03:05 pm
@sozobe,
Far as I can tell, it's real.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 04:41 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Actually, famous PERSON, not people, love Palin.

Probably Carrotop anyway.......
dyslexia

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 04:48 pm
@boomerang,
nick nolte
boomerang

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 04:51 pm
@dyslexia,
Ted Nugent
sozobe

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 04:57 pm
@boomerang,
Tila Tequila
squinney

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 05:03 pm
@sozobe,
HA! The Washington Post caught it and wrote:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/10/03/palin_web_ad_cites_thumbs_up_f.html

Quote:
Palin Web Ad Cites Thumbs Up From 'Famous Person'
By Garance Franke-Ruta and Krissah Williams Thompson
Is the McCain campaign still nursing a grudge against Peggy Noonan?

This morning on news sites, the McCain campaign appeared to be in need of a copy editor when it attributed a positive review of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's debate performance last night to a "Famous Person."

The ad -- viewable here -- couples a photo of a smiling Palin with the quote: "She killed. It was her evening. She was the star. -- Famous Person (10/2/08)"

Now, there was one famous person who actually did say that about the GOP vice presidential candidate, though it's not clear from the campaign's ad: Wall Street Journal columnist Peggy Noonan. Who also previously has ripped into Palin's selection as the vice presidential nominee.

"She killed. It was her evening. She was the star," said Noonan last night on NBC, according to a round-up of debate reactions posted online by the McCain campaign this morning.

"Is she not a famous person?" asked McCain campaign blogger Michael Goldfarb, queried about the ad. Given an assent that Noonan is, indeed, famous (or, at least, famous in political circles), he continued, "OK, so what's the problem?"

"If there's no factual inaccuracy, I don't know what the problem is," he added.

Still, someone must have seen the potential for confusion, especially in light of the microcontroversy that broke out when the McCain campaign prematurely declared victory in the Arizona senator's debate with Barack Obama in a pre-debate Web ad released late last month.

A later version of the Palin ad replaced the "Famous Person" attribution with Noonan's name.

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 05:04 pm
@squinney,
Quote:

"Is she not a famous person?" asked McCain campaign blogger Michael Goldfarb, queried about the ad. Given an assent that Noonan is, indeed, famous (or, at least, famous in political circles), he continued, "OK, so what's the problem?"

"If there's no factual inaccuracy, I don't know what the problem is," he added.

Shocked

I would never have believed that someone would say that before now.

Wow

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 07:08 pm
@squinney,
Thanks for the additional info.

Man, they get prickly when called on stuff...
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2008 01:30 pm
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:

Thanks for the additional info.

Man, they get prickly when called on stuff...

just following mccain's lead? didja see the clip of him gettin all belligerent with the folks from the des moines register? jeezzzz.
http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/0908/Feisty_McCain_duels_with_Des_Moines_Register.html

what started with young bushy in 2000 is being taken to a new level by mccain/palin.

imagine going for an interview for any other job, and telling the employer " huh! screw you! i don't have to answer no stinkin' questions. now give me the job i deserve!"

those guys are on crack...

0 Replies