Who is Wall Street?

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 12:17 pm
And what is it about him/her that is evil?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 601 • Replies: 12
No top replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 12:51 pm
@dyslexia,
Wall Street is the current scape goat for 2 generations or politicians who didn't have the right stuff to manage a country.

It's evil because all scape goats must be evil in order to draw fire away from the real culprits.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 12:53 pm
@dyslexia,
They are evil because they are Fat Cats.
rabel22

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 02:45 pm
@chai2,
Not all of them are evil. Just enough to screw up the works. If we could keep the politicians out of business it would improve things. A 700 billion infusion for wall street that will go mostly to the crooks both business and political.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 02:55 pm
@dyslexia,
Money for nothing, and kicks for free.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 03:34 pm
@dyslexia,
meet the scapegoat :

http://crosschurch.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/scapegoat.jpg

Quote:
The Scapegoat by William Holman Hunt, 1854. Hunt had this framed in a picture with the quotations "Surely he hath borne our Griefs and carried our Sorrows; Yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of GOD and afflicted." (Isaiah 53:4) and "And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited." (Leviticus 16:22)

i'm sure you'll be smitten by my knowledge , dys .
i'm glad to share it with you .
hbg
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 04:42 pm
What I know for sure is that Wall Street is not responsible for the financial crisis nor the bail out. The term merely stands for people, or companies who invest money.

Enron invested in stocks sold on Wall Street, but Wall Street wasn't responsible for Enron's appalling greed.
hamburger

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2008 11:41 am
@Diane,
diane posted :

Quote:
Enron invested in stocks sold on Wall Street, but Wall Street wasn't responsible for Enron's appalling greed.

it seems to me that the wallstreeters were certainly happy participants . they gladly gave a helping hand in fleecing many investors - and they didn't mind collecting their commissions .
(after all , somehow they had to pay for their monster homes on long island - what choice did they have , live in an "ordinary" house ? ) .
hbg
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2008 11:56 am
All right, all right, I'll 'fess up. I am Wall Street. Yup, that's my real name. I picked Merry Andrew as a nom-de-net to throw you all off the track. But now that Dys has found me out, I might as well tell you I ain't no more evil than the next fella. ('Course I'm standing next to Atilla the Hun as I write this.) And I plan to put that money -- what is it? $700b U.S.? -- to good and benevolent use. There's a charitable organization called The Merry Andrew Fund which does some really great relief work in economically-challened places like Waikiki Beach and the Playas of Cancun, Mexico and Barbados and...and...well, I'll just have to investigate the others.
hamburger

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2008 02:55 pm
@Merry Andrew,
merry andrew :

have you submitted your application for part of the "700" to treasury secretary paulson yet ?
if you prefer , you may also apply for the total amount .
just trying to help another a2k member in need .
hbg
Diane

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 10:30 am
@hamburger,
Hah, I just found this thread again. Hamburger, I think Merry Andrew, AKA Wall Street, works for AIG...need I say more?
Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 10:32 am
@Diane,
Damn, you folks are sharp. Can't a guy have any secrets on A2K?
Diane

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 11:45 am
@Merry Andrew,
Well, you betcha!
0 Replies