Comfort - need it - having panic attacks.....

ossobuco

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 08:38 pm
@mismi,
I know we've talked about this at some length on a2k before, but whatever the thread was is not tagged yet.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 08:42 pm
@Shaunnas Dad,
Hah! I knew I knew Shaunnas Dad from somewhere.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 08:59 pm
@mismi,
hey, hey miss missy

There's lots of stuff in the world that's good. You, for instance. You brighten up each day. And it's not because of your avatar either.

There's the song that I'm playing - it reminds me of great times in the past and some more to come in the near future.

There's the phone call I just got from M telling me she will be home later and that I don't have to pick her up because she's got a ride home.

There's the call I got from K earlier. She was in a real snit but was able to calm down and laugh by the time we hung up.

There's the fact that no matter what else is going on around us we have people who take the time out and let us know they care.

There's the fact that the leaves are beginning to turn and will put on a beautiful show before they fall.

And, there's alway these words from Paul... "Right now three things remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love."

((( Missy )))

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 09:02 pm
@Shaunnas Dad,
You coulda fooled me!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 09:05 pm
I need some comfort too. Mismi, come and join me over here in the lounge. We'll lay down and hold each other on this mattress that just happens to be over here next to the massage oil dispenser. I'll comfort you, you'll comfort me...it'll be very...comforting.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 09:08 pm
@kickycan,
Kicky, you will have to ask Osso, but I don't think this thread is tagged for that...

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 09:15 pm
Here's an oldie, but dlowan, who knows whereof she speaks, I think, answers on it fairly quickly -

http://able2know.org/topic/15530-1

Kicky, on the other hand, needs some nice red rubber hot water bottles, plus some curtains....
ossobuco

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 09:23 pm
@ossobuco,
Or, more properly, drapes.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 10:39 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Quote:
"you can only control your viewpoint...."

I saw a cartoon character somewhere, tall bald fellow,
(after some good or bad event occurred) bow and present a tray upon which reposed
numerous vials, labelled with the names of emotions,
and he says:
"May I offer u the loan of an emotional condition ?
Take whichever one u want. Use it as long as u like it; when u return it,
u can borrow another one and keep it as long as it pleases u."

The offeree can then choose an emotional condition to adopt
(in response to the aforesaid good or bad event)
and he or she then installs it in his or her heart and mind.

Ample and generous portions are freely available to be selected from:
Happiness, jealousy, joy, fear, courage, love, envy, hatred, elation, confidence,
adoration, contempt, compassion, optimism, bitterness, cheerfulness, sadism, jolliness,
relief, pride, rapture, anger, forgiveness, malevolence, benevolence, resentment, glee,
magnanimity, spite, bliss, sadness, optimism, grouchiness, ecstasy; there r others.

Which ones do u think are better ?
Which one is the best of all and most worthy to dwell in your heart n mind ?

"The limits are those of the imagination."

David
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 10:48 pm
@mismi,
The good news is that this world is only for 60 - 90 years or thereabouts and the future world is eternal. You'd not want it the other way around.

Quote:

19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 01:04 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Here's an oldie, but dlowan, who knows whereof she speaks, I think, answers on it fairly quickly -

http://able2know.org/topic/15530-1

Kicky, on the other hand, needs some nice red rubber hot water bottles, plus some curtains....

You're a good searcher Osso!

If you keep looking for my posts on that thread, there is quite a lot of information spread over a number of posts.

Still wish I could find the original anxiety thread where I put a lot of resources....dammit.
OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 01:20 am
@mismi,
Can't offer much in the way of advice, experience or resources... but I can give you a hug!
(((((((( Mismi )))))))

And probably a smile!

http://s3.amazonaws.com/projectionist/babies-in-flower-pots.jpg
OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 01:58 am
@OCCOM BILL,
And if that's not enough to make you smile...

http://www.cybersalt.org/cl_images/1zzzzxa/b/babypots.jpg

mismi

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 07:57 am
@OCCOM BILL,
Well - you all are very comforting...and I feel better - and the babies - adorable Bill...(((Bill))) thank you. The last pic though Bill - that many babies - uh...not sure about that Wink

Kicky - I appreciate you putting yourself out like that - Wink You're so easy.

I went to bed thinking of good things - breathing deeply - I didn't fall asleep until around 1:00am but I kept trying to think of the good things. And this is what I came up with.

I have three healthy kids. My husband has a good job. I have precious 3D friends and have made some precious A2K ones as well. We have food on the table. We have clothes to wear and though we are not rich and I don't know what tomorrow holds, I will choose to be thankful for what I have TODAY. One Step at a time...prepare wisely for the future - the best I can and deal with today.

I know people who are in much harder situations and yet they put on a brave face and deal well with what they have on their plate. I cannot control the world or where it is going or the hard times that may come - but I can take your advice and make the best of what I have. I agree with the Faith, Hope and Love thing JPB...it will be what I cling to. I do think I love this world too much sometimes. I do see the good side most of the time. But when I see so much yuck it seems to overwhelm at times. And there is a lot of scary stuff out there right now. I will cling to love - I am blessed with that to be sure.

I do believe that where your treasure is, that is where your heart is. I do put much too much store in this world - trying to do everything you are suppose to do is overwhelming at times...impossible even. I want to be faithful to those around me as well as the environment. It spreads a person thin sometimes though.

Osso - I do forget to tag my threads - sorry - It does make them easier to find...thanks for the links

Dlowan - that is a good thread...taking time to read it today.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 09:17 am
@mismi,
I am happy to hear you feel better today.... all things....good and bad....pass.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 09:18 am
@mismi,
I am happy to hear you feel better today.... all things....particularly the bad....pass.
mismi

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 09:42 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Thank you bear - I think what you said makes great sense.

you stuttered
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 09:44 am
@mismi,
no just making two points....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 10:59 am
@dlowan,
Not that good a searcher, dlowan - the link to that was in another link in a post, I think on this thread.

Do you remember if the anxiety thread was started by you or another person?

If by you, it's bound to be in Your Topics - we have about the same amount of topics, and mine came to eleven pages to look at.. and it sounds like it would have been before 24 Nov 2003...
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 12:10 pm
What to do during a panic attack....

Run cold water in the sink and put your hands in the running water, keep wiping your face w/ the cold water.

Lean on the counter looking down, don't look all around.

As slowly as you can count to 200. Breathe very slowly and deeply through your mouth....figure your own timing but for instance breathe in over a count of 1-5, breathe out from 6 -10. If you breathe quickly you will hyperventilate.

Keep remembering that I said you are going to be all right.

If they start happening on a regular basis, seek medical attention, both mental and physical.
0 Replies