Anyone have experience of using Xanax to combat fear of flying?

Tue 13 Sep, 2016 08:46 am
I suffer really badly with fear of flying. I have avoided flying successfully for fifteen years despite the fact that my other half is Sicilian and we often have to visit the in-laws. But I am getting tired of two day train journeys while she flies in two and a half hours. Moreover, our first kid was born in Sicily this summer and I'd like us all to go back together. I have therefore decided I am going to try to fly back to the UK with her and my child in the next few days (AGGGGHHHH!!!). Already the twitching in my legs has started as have the nightmares as I drift off to sleep, which cause me to jump myself awake. I dread to think what I'll be like on the day. I went to the docs and got Xanax. What I want to know is...

Does anyone have experience with Xanax 0.5 mg tablets? Do they work? How much do they work? Did you have side effects? How many did you take? When?

And two, has anyone got any advice in general on strategies which help to manage pant-soiling levels of irrational fear in the skies?

Many thanks all!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,494 • Replies: 0
Topic Closed
No top replies