What a "Community Organizer(TM) Actually Does

djjd62

Tue 30 Sep, 2008 12:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

LV, Do you understand anything about "love thy neighbor?" Also, do you know anything about how our economy faired between democratic and republican administrations? Do these things mean anything to you? Are you aware of which administration got us into this current finance crisis? I think not.

Prove me wrong, then we have something to discuss.

amen brother

"For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.' They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?' He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least among you, you did not do for me."
McGentrix

Tue 30 Sep, 2008 12:34 pm
@djjd62,
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.

Teach a man to fish and he will go out and buy expensive fishing equipment, stupid looking clothes, a sports utility vehicle, travel 1000 miles to the "hottest" fishing spot, and stand waist deep in cold water just so he can outsmart a fish. (Average cost per fish: $395.68)

Thus stimulating the economy and providing jobs for those that can't fish.
gungasnake

Tue 30 Sep, 2008 12:49 pm
@McGentrix,
That's the dimmest possible view; The bright side of the same picture says that when the whole thing falls apart and there's nothing in the grocery stores but empty shelves, that guy will STILL know how to catch fish, even if they
DO cost $370....
0 Replies

A Lone Voice

Thu 2 Oct, 2008 01:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

LV, Do you understand anything about "love thy neighbor?" Also, do you know anything about how our economy faired between democratic and republican administrations? Do these things mean anything to you? Are you aware of which administration got us into this current finance crisis? I think not.

Prove me wrong, then we have something to discuss.

Why is it that "love thy neighbor' always comes with registering people to vote dem? Why can't we just "love thy neighbor"?

FYI, our economy has cycled for years; Clinton (to the dismay of lib/progressives and at the behest of a repub congress) ended Welfare As We Know It.

Remember the predictions of doom coming from the left? Didn’t quite come to pass, did it?

The current lib/progressive community darlings, ACORN, is a great example of dem community organizing at its best: using tax money to register people to vote dem to use future tax money to register even more people to vote dem; redistribute the wealth in this country until everyone's a winner, right?

You guys really want us to turn into one of those wonderful, pretend, utopian European disasters, don't you?
barackman28

Fri 3 Oct, 2008 07:30 pm
@A Lone Voice,
LoneVoice--You would just loveto blame Clinton, wouldn'tyou? Well, all that ended with theMcCarthyite investigations by Ken Starr. Nothing was ever pinned on Clinton. Nothing. Clinton helped erase the racist redlining against Black people andHispanics. He was their best friend in the nineties as Senator Obama will be their best friend beginning in January. We shall overcome!
barackman28

Fri 3 Oct, 2008 07:35 pm
@A Lone Voice,
Lone Voice--You don't know anything that Clinton has ever done. He was the first "black" President. SenatorObama willbe thesecondone.
0 Replies

A Lone Voice

Fri 3 Oct, 2008 08:40 pm
@barackman28,
Quote:

LoneVoice--You would just loveto blame Clinton, wouldn'tyou? Well, all that ended with theMcCarthyite investigations by Ken Starr. Nothing was ever pinned on Clinton. Nothing. Clinton helped erase the racist redlining against Black people andHispanics. He was their best friend in the nineties as Senator Obama will be their best friend beginning in January. We shall overcome!

Huh?

I think you have your threads/posts mixed up, BM28. I was actually complimenting Clinton here for ending welfare in the '90s. The libs/progressives were pretty unhappy with him about it, though.

Could you enlighten me?
0 Replies