OBAMA VERSUS MCCAIN: ARGUMENTS FOR WHO IS BETTER FOR MOST AMERICANS

SYNRON

Sat 4 Oct, 2008 06:40 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
I am so happy that you can label things as "Intellectually dishonest" because they are not stretched out on these limited spaces. I would like to have the franchise from you for labelling things from the left wing LIBERALS as intellectually dishonest if they do not tell the ENTIRE story. Would that be all right with you or are only Conservative posters bound to that stricture?
DontTreadOnMe

Sun 5 Oct, 2008 11:48 am
@SYNRON,
SYNRON wrote:

I am so happy that you can label things as "Intellectually dishonest" because they are not stretched out on these limited spaces. I would like to have the franchise from you for labelling things from the left wing LIBERALS as intellectually dishonest if they do not tell the ENTIRE story. Would that be all right with you or are only Conservative posters bound to that stricture?

limited spaces? that's lame even for you. my post of the entire conclusion took no more space than ican's truncated version. good god, get a grip man. Laughing

you, like a few others continuously want to lump me in as a liberal; simply because i don't toe some imaginary conservative line. funny, that. liberals continuously want to lump me in with conservatives for not toeing the same kind of liberal line.

there's things that i guess could be labeled liberal pov's; but in truth i believe the conservative right wing has decided to poke their collective noses into things that are really none of their business. that's not liberal, it's libertarian.

as far as your question about skewed stories? what i really want is the truth of matters so at the very least i can make up my own mind and form an opinion of whatever the issue is.

in this particular case, the part that ican posted leads to an entirely different opinion than a reading of the full conclusion.
SYNRON

Sun 5 Oct, 2008 02:15 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
You want the truth? OK. HOw about the recorded words of the **** bag named Obama?

"Obama said that his decision to purchase ten foot wide strip( behind his home) was a "mistake on my part".

The Boston Globe reported tat real estate agent Schwan recollection was that the Obamas had not made the highest bid, but that the willingness of the Obamas and REZKO to close in June was DECISIVE. Had Rita Rezko not been willing to buy the vacant lot( NEXT TO OBAMA'S HOUSE) the deal was off"

Why Scumbag Obama may even make deals with Osama. Anyone who makes deals with a convicted political fixer like Rezko obviously has no morals.
DontTreadOnMe

Sun 5 Oct, 2008 02:28 pm
@SYNRON,
SYNRON wrote:

You want the truth? OK. HOw about the recorded words of the **** bag named Obama?

"Obama said that his decision to purchase ten foot wide strip( behind his home) was a "mistake on my part".

The Boston Globe reported tat real estate agent Schwan recollection was that the Obamas had not made the highest bid, but that the willingness of the Obamas and REZKO to close in June was DECISIVE. Had Rita Rezko not been willing to buy the vacant lot( NEXT TO OBAMA'S HOUSE) the deal was off"

Why Scumbag Obama may even make deals with Osama. Anyone who makes deals with a convicted political fixer like Rezko obviously has no morals.

so? he says he made a mistake. you've never made one?

surely you must have a point. could you get to it, please?
Debra Law

Sun 5 Oct, 2008 02:34 pm
Healthcare:

Obama outlines the FINE PRINT in McCain's HealthCare Plan
0 Replies

SYNRON

Sun 5 Oct, 2008 02:38 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
The point? Here is the point. "We have a sick political culture in Chicago, said Jay Stewart --the Executive Director of the Chicago Better Government Association told ABC News, and that the environment that Barack Obama came from." Obama has said that he is disappointed by Tony Rezkop and can return his campaign contributions or give the money to charity, But what Obama cannot erase is his record snce1995. He has overlooked Rezko's questionable activities not only to finance his campaigns but to buy the mansion he feels his family unjusty deserves.

I have at least five more pieces of evidence to show that Obama is not fit to run for dog-catcher. You got that. That is my point. There is irrefutable evidence that Obama is not fit to run for dog-catcher. If you need more evidence of that, I will be glad to provide it.
Debra Law

Sun 5 Oct, 2008 02:42 pm
Arguments for who is better for most Americans:

http://images.dailykos.com/images/user/3/electiontrains.jpg
DontTreadOnMe

Sun 5 Oct, 2008 02:59 pm
@SYNRON,
SYNRON wrote:

The point? Here is the point. "We have a sick political culture in Chicago, said Jay Stewart --the Executive Director of the Chicago Better Government Association told ABC News, and that the environment that Barack Obama came from." Obama has said that he is disappointed by Tony Rezkop and can return his campaign contributions or give the money to charity, But what Obama cannot erase is his record snce1995. He has overlooked Rezko's questionable activities not only to finance his campaigns but to buy the mansion he feels his family unjusty deserves.

I have at least five more pieces of evidence to show that Obama is not fit to run for dog-catcher. You got that. That is my point. There is irrefutable evidence that Obama is not fit to run for dog-catcher. If you need more evidence of that, I will be glad to provide it.

oh... i see... obama comes from a slick political culture. you mean like the one in texas? or do you mean the one in florida?

(obama's house) and you call this a mansion? jeez, from your previous statements on big bucks, i would have thought this was but a wee cottage by your standards;
 http://farm1.static.flickr.com/202/462315720_565e95cbe9.jpg?v=0 http://www.flickr.com/photos/mss2400/462315720/

and what would you, by comparison call this, one of mccain's houses, then?
  http://www.holmeslarsen.com/mccain/images/pool_view.jpg http://www.holmeslarsen.com/mccain/index.php

fully upgraded too!
  http://s.wsj.net/media/McCainHome_art_257_20081003192836.jpg http://blogs.wsj.com/developments/2008/10/03/former-mccain-home-up-for-auction-in-arizona/

maybe a little cash came his way from the keating thing ?

0 Replies

SYNRON

Sun 5 Oct, 2008 03:08 pm
@Debra Law,
Derba LAW--You have one of the finest minds on these threads. I dread addressing you, Were you by any chance a Supreme Court Clerk? I know Joefrom Chicago was a clerk at 22nd and Roosevelt---that is why he is able to round up so many DUI and small time dopster cases there. He knows all the janitors.

But,I really must take issue with your puerile attempt to denigrate Senator Mc Cain and Governor Palin. If you examine the pictures of the people carefully, you will find that it is OBAMA that has been D E N I G R A T ED.

But, I digress. The picture that is needed for Obama is that of a rickshaw. That is what he rode in when he went to Kenya to visit his relatives and the grave of his alcoholic father who deserted him and his mother at an early age.

But Obama rationalized all of that. He covered for his father. In his autobiography, Obama never stated precisely how many wives his father had( He should have known through his experience in the inner city when he was a communinty organizer that the answer would have been four or five)
Obama never tells us how many half brothers and sisters he has( who can keep count).

Obama blames racism for breaking up his parents marriage, not his father's polygamistic ways, which began even before he llive Africa and even before he met Obama's mother in Hawaii.

But it is strange that Obama is so strong against racism. The driver of his rickshaw in Kenya was black--a double standard?
0 Replies

ican711nm

Mon 6 Oct, 2008 10:26 am
PALIN ADVOCATES DRILLING IN ANWR; SO DO I.

ANWR consists of 30,000 square miles of pristine wasteland.

Significant oil reserves have been discovered in less than 3 square miles of ANWR’s 30,000 square miles of pristine wasteland.

Those 3 square miles of drilling area are merely one-ten-thousandth of the total area of ANWR.

Surely, it’s worth drilling now within those 3 square miles of pristine ANWR waste land to help save our economy.
Cycloptichorn

Mon 6 Oct, 2008 10:29 am
@ican711nm,
Drilling in ANWR will not help save our economy.

Cycloptichorn
ican711nm

Mon 6 Oct, 2008 10:51 am
OBAMA DEMOCRATS WANT TO STEAL FROM TOP EARNERS, AND MCCAIN WANTS TO STEAL LESS FROM TOP EARNERS

Obama Democrats apparently think that most people in my income bracket welcome their intended transfer of wealth to us from those in higher tax brackets. We do not.

The likes of us are adherents to two ancient doctrines that when followed by large numbers of humans have proven to lead to and maintain free and prosperous societies.

Most ancient: Do not treat others the way you do not want to be treated.

Less ancient: Treat others the way you want to be treated.

I do not want people to steal from me or for me.

Obama wants to steal more for me!

McCain wants to steal less for me.

At least on that basis, McCain is the better choice for most Americans.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Mon 6 Oct, 2008 10:54 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Of course, drilling in ANWR will help save our economy.
Cycloptichorn

Mon 6 Oct, 2008 10:56 am
@ican711nm,
ican711nm wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:
Of course, drilling in ANWR will help save our economy.

No, it in fact will not. You don't seem to understand what the problem with our economy is.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Debra Law

Mon 6 Oct, 2008 11:00 am
@ican711nm,
America will have to WAIT ten, twenty, thirty years probably before drilling in ANWR even musters the potential to help . . . so what does America do in the meantime? We're dying now . . . how long can we remain on life support? After all, Congress can't pull 700 Billion dollars out of its ass every other day.
ican711nm

Mon 6 Oct, 2008 11:05 am
By the way, no where in the Old or New Testaments are we advised to steal in the name of giving to the poor. We are advised to individually give to the poor from that which belongs to us individually, and not from that which belongs to others individually.
ican711nm

Mon 6 Oct, 2008 11:10 am
@Debra Law,
Debra Law wrote:
America will have to WAIT ten, twenty, thirty years probably before drilling in ANWR

Malarky, Debra!

America can begin drilling in those 3 square miles of ANWR the day after Congress and the President agree to eliminate the current restriction against drilling in those recommended 3 out of 30,000 square miles of ANWR.
Debra Law

Mon 6 Oct, 2008 11:11 am
@ican711nm,
You are wrong. Biblical LAW required you to leave the corners and the gleanings from all your fields for the poor.
Debra Law

Mon 6 Oct, 2008 11:17 am
@ican711nm,
You are naive ican711nm. Even with permission to drill in ANWR, it will take decades to develop. The Bakken Formation, which is currently experiencing a boom in development, will take decades to develop. Why don't you use common sense?
ican711nm

Mon 6 Oct, 2008 11:27 am
@Debra Law,
Debra Law wrote:
You are wrong. Biblical LAW required you to leave the corners and the gleanings from all your fields for the poor.

True!

But that is not stealing from what belongs to others in order to give to others. That is each of us giving some of what each of us owns in order for each of us to give to others.
Exodus, Chapter 20:
Quote:
13 ...
Thou shalt not steal.
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
14 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house; thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his man servant, nor his maid-servant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor anything that is thy neighbour’s.