Why is it so easy for liberals to spot these things?

JTT

Fri 26 Sep, 2008 08:22 pm
Well, the party's over. The knee-jerk Johnny campaign should have taken more time, should have been more careful but that not the way the flyboy does things.

Quote:
Prominent conservatives are finally starting to realize that an unqualified half-term hockey mom from Alaska might not be the best choice to be a 72 year old heartbeat away from the presidency. Here’s the brutal roundup.

Kathleen Parker:

It was fun while it lasted.

Palin’s recent interviews with Charles Gibson, Sean Hannity, and now Katie Couric have all revealed an attractive, earnest, confident candidate. Who Is Clearly Out Of Her League.

No one hates saying that more than I do. Like so many women, I’ve been pulling for Palin, wishing her the best, hoping she will perform brilliantly. I’ve also noticed that I watch her interviews with the held breath of an anxious parent, my finger poised over the mute button in case it gets too painful. Unfortunately, it often does. My cringe reflex is exhausted. Palin filibusters. She repeats words, filling space with deadwood. Cut the verbiage and there’s not much content there.

Wingnut extaordinaire K-Lo:

I’m not where my friend Kathleen Parker is " wanting her to step aside to spend more time with her family and Alaska " but that’s not a crazy suggestion.

McCain campaign insiders, via Ed Schultz:

McCain Camp insiders say Palin “clueless”

Capitol Hill sources are telling me that senior McCain people are more than concerned about Palin. The campaign has held a mock debate and a mock press conference; both are being described as “disastrous.” One senior McCain aide was quoted as saying, “What are we going to do?” The McCain people want to move this first debate to some later, undetermined date, possibly never. People on the inside are saying the Alaska Governor is “clueless.”

Etc., etc., etc., etc.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/09/26/conservatives-starting-to-panic-about-palin/

[Links to the full articles can be found at the URL above.]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,722 • Replies: 7
Topic Closed
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 26 Sep, 2008 09:36 pm
@JTT,
That's the mystery of Palin; it seems it's so easy for liberals to see that Palin is clueless and way over her head, but her popularity with conservatives are still very high. It makes me wonder what is it that our perceptions on Palin can be so different?

Would the same people let the same woman with the same physical attributes without any experience in governance or social issues become their mayor and governor of their state? Someone who has given the same answers Palin did during all of her interviews? What makes "her" qualified? Does it matter at all, or is the demeanor of a Sarah Palin enough?

She reminds me of that person who became governor of Texas, then the president for two terms; all hat and no cattle, and he shoots from the hips.
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 26 Sep, 2008 11:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Would the same people let the same woman with the same physical attributes without any experience in governance or social issues become their mayor and governor of their state?

Who knows, but people in Alaska did, and about 80% of them think favorably of her as their Governor.

But what can you expect from a bunch of redneck hicks in Alaska?

They must be the same sort of people who live in Texas.
contrex

Sat 27 Sep, 2008 03:58 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Enough Americans voted for the imbecilic chimpanzee G W Bush in 2000 and 2004 to make me fear that maybe being "clueless" could actually be an advantage in an election.
farmerman

Sat 27 Sep, 2008 05:19 am
@contrex,
All evidence supposts a conclusion that its definately not a disadvantage.
0 Replies

JTT

Sat 27 Sep, 2008 11:30 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Back in Alaska, Sarah Palin's poll ratings tumble a bit

Sarah Palin may be the darling of the United Nations, but back home in Alaska, the bloom on the state rose is fading a bit.

New poll numbers show the Alaska governor's approval rating has taken its biggest hit since her election in 2006. "The Honeymoon Is Coming to an End," Ivan Moore Research of Anchorage said in its report.

True, Palin's approval rating of 68% surely must cause envy among President Bush (check out his numbers here) and members of Congress (go here).

But the new figure for Palin is down from a high of 82% in January, which she replicated in the days following her surprise selection Aug. 29 as John McCain's running mate.

Also, her disapproval rating in the survey of 500 likely voters conducted Saturday through Monday was at 27% -- double what it was at the beginning of the month. The survey's margin of error was plus or minus 4.4%.

Predictably, the biggest erosion in good feelings about Palin occurred among Alaskan Democrats. But there also was a measurable slip in her standing among independent/third-party voters.

Chalk it up to the bruising effects of a national campaign and all the harsh scrutiny that brings? Probably. And, Moore notes, lots of governors would be pretty happy with Palin's 68% approval mark.

That's "still pretty positive," he says. "But I suspect we've only caught the slump kind of halfway through here."

In other words, there may be more bad news awaiting Palin when she gets back home -- whenever that happens.

-- Kim Murphy

I think the operative phrase is, "But I suspect we've only caught the slump kind of halfway through here."

One has to wonder if Palin's responses during her Alaska campaign were as empty as they are now.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Sat 27 Sep, 2008 11:52 am
@JTT,
Yet another liberal post with no quantifiable facts. Don't you guys ever want to debate the actual campaign issues? I'm asking, because what comes from you seems to be almost 100% unquantifiable character accusations. Maybe you can tell me more about her daughter's sex life.
JTT

Sat 27 Sep, 2008 12:00 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
Yet another liberal post with no quantifiable facts. Don't you guys ever want to debate the actual campaign issues? I'm asking, because what comes from you seems to be almost 100% unquantifiable character accusations.

You can always count on Thick as a brick Brandon.

Quote:
Prominent conservatives are finally starting to realize that an unqualified half-term hockey mom from Alaska might not be the best choice to be a 72 year old heartbeat away from the presidency. Here’s the brutal roundup.

Kathleen Parker:

It was fun while it lasted.

Palin’s recent interviews with Charles Gibson, Sean Hannity, and now Katie Couric have all revealed an attractive, earnest, confident candidate. Who Is Clearly Out Of Her League.

[Clearly, a campaign issue relating to competency]

No one hates saying that more than I do. Like so many women, I’ve been pulling for Palin, wishing her the best, hoping she will perform brilliantly. I’ve also noticed that I watch her interviews with the held breath of an anxious parent, my finger poised over the mute button in case it gets too painful. Unfortunately, it often does. My cringe reflex is exhausted. Palin filibusters. She repeats words, filling space with deadwood. Cut the verbiage and there’s not much content there.

Wingnut extaordinaire K-Lo:

I’m not where my friend Kathleen Parker is " wanting her to step aside to spend more time with her family and Alaska " but that’s not a crazy suggestion.

McCain campaign insiders, via Ed Schultz:

McCain Camp insiders say Palin “clueless”

How is it that you've missed these things, Brandon?
0 Replies