Bush calls Obama, McCain to bailout talks

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 03:21 am
McCain, Obama headed to Washington for bailout talks

Quote:
Presidential candidates Sen. John McCain -- who says he is suspending his campaign because of the nation's economic crisis -- and Sen. Barack Obama will meet Thursday with President Bush to discuss a proposed Wall Street bailout.

McCain and Obama accepted Bush's invitation to discuss the proposed $700 billion bailout with him and congressional leaders at the White House, the candidates' aides said Wednesday night.

Also Wednesday night, McCain and Obama said in a joint statement that the bailout plan was "flawed" but that "the effort to protect the American economy must not fail."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,094 • Replies: 4
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 03:59 pm
@Robert Gentel,
One of the participants said that McCain tried to get credit for all the work that congress and the committees accomplished while McCain was on the campaign trail until today. They wasted two to three hours arguing this point.

The guy has chutzpah and his senility is showing big time.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 04:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Okay, so the word on the street is that the WH meeting did not go well; there were raised voices, cross-talk and a lack of agreement on 'most everything.

McCain is apparently going to push forward an alternative bill, authored by the Republican Study Committee in the House, which would pay for the problem using private funding, and eliminate the Cap gains tax for two years to provide incentive.

This will never fly. I can't believe that McCain has thrown such a wrench into the works here at this late hour. What a bunch of bullshit. I hope Obama calls him on it.

Cycloptichorn
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 07:38 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

I can't believe that McCain has thrown such a wrench into the works here at this late hour. What a bunch of bullshit. I hope Obama calls him on it...

but cyclo, it's just that jack mack got confused. here, i'll show ya;

Quote:
Bush calls Obama, McCain to bailout talks

mccain thought that bushy meant "bail out" on the presidential debate. and the v.p. debate too.

and... that bush would have a talk with obama about bailing out on the election.

i only know this because sarah palin explained it to me.

holy crap. i need a beer... Drunk

0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2008 05:18 am
@Robert Gentel,
It is another attempt to put the blame onthe economic mess on someone else. Congress and the next president will be blames for notacting quick enough. That is W works. He blamed Saddam for Iraq invasion. W never acceps responsibilty for his incompetence. Maybe present day Democrats aren't as sharp as those in yester years.
0 Replies