Where is the A2K "drill drill drill" gang?

Baldimo

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 05:50 pm
@hamburger,
As I said I don't have an issue w/new forms of power being produced, I question the cost to the tax payer and the normal everyday person. Your right the cost of energy is always going to go up but when does someone like me who can't afford to put new windows on my house or new siding going to see a benefit from new power sources? In my home I have one of the most efficient ways to heat a house that there is in colorado. I have a natural gas powered central water heating system. Meaning I have radiators in all my rooms that are hooked to a little boiler. It works really well and isn't that expensive to run. What would the cost be to me if I had to change that to meet some new source of power?

Most people can't afford to upgrade even if they wanted to.

I love technology and look forward to changes but it should be cost efficient to be effective.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 11:25 pm
Where is the A2K Luddite Gang (or just JTT) to offer comment on the betrayal of their beloved Democrats?
JTT

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2008 11:53 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I gave you a thumbs up just because you're trying, Finn. You haven't made much sense, but effort should be rewarded.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2008 04:06 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn wrote: "Where is the A2K Luddite Gang (or just JTT) to offer comment on the betrayal of their beloved Democrats?"

Drill baby Drill? Even if a bi-partisan Congress gives the drilling companies the big thumbs up to conduct off-shore drilling, they've had off-shore drilling opportunities for years and have repeatedly said, "thanks, but no thanks." The costs and risks involved are astronomical. It takes years and years to develop. (We don't HAVE years and years at our disposal.) Even with "modern" drilling technology, it is fiscally irresponsible for the BIG oil leaseholders to drill the North Slope in Alaska without investing and risking hundreds of billions of dollars and when 85 percent of any possible projected profits will end up in the Alaskan state treasury. The companies don't have pencils sharp enough to calculate the upside on that drilling pickle--and that's why the big oil companies cannot pledge their support for the TransCanada pipeline. The mantra, "drill baby drill," is ridiculous because we can't drill ourselves out of this energy crisis.
Debra Law

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2008 04:54 pm
August 20, 2008

Quote:
WASHINGTON " Energy companies bid hundreds of millions of dollars Wednesday to explore for oil and natural gas beneath 1.8 million acres in the western Gulf of Mexico, while looking forward to the possibility of future drilling in federal waters now off-limits.

The results of the first lease sale since offshore drilling emerged as a key campaign issue after gasoline prices topped $4 a gallon only muddied the waters as to how much politics can really influence oil production, and by extension, energy prices.

While firms bid $487.3 million to win the rights to drill 319 tracts of the Gulf, most in deep water, 90 percent of the area put up for sale Wednesday did not receive a single bite. Most of the leases purchased came with 10-year terms, unlikely to influence prices now....

LINK
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2008 09:02 pm
@Debra Law,
What is ridiculous is the notion that you and others have opposed the removal of legislative restrictions on off shore drilling because the oil companies, once allowed, will not actually take advantage of the situation.

If you don't think that drilling for additional domestic oil will, in anyway, be effective, fine. Legislating this opinion is wrong.

If you believe there is an unacceptible environmental risk to drilling, that's fine too, but it would be interesting to learn of your reaction to the Democrats selling that position down the river for political gain.

Instead you and JTT want to castigate the "A2K drill drill drill gang."

So the folks who believe the opposite of what you believe are more venal than those who have claimed to believe what you believe but left you in the lurch.

Debra Law

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2008 10:35 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Huh?
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 12:11 am
@JTT,
Conservatives just may realize Pickens is a promoter first, and a brilliant guy second. If Pickens is so convinced, let him go keep building his wind turbines instead of gold digging in Washington. I have no objection to his program, and I doubt Republicans do either, but perhaps his program is not the only one out there, and nobody is stopping him. I fail to see why he feels the need to convince everyone in America to invest into his venture, unless it might have something to do with money. Could that be possible?
0 Replies