Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 05:32 pm
@Ramafuchs,
Take the test first.
Ramafuchs

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 05:35 pm
@mags314772,
I had perused your link.
My stand is this.
Among the two i prefer OBAMA not because of his oration nor because of his other creiterian.
I am fed up with BUSH's party and I know that Obama is not a solution but still he is decent enough for non-Americans like me.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 12:01 am
@mags314772,
I was surprised.
Being a liberal Swede - not a social democrat - the answers were fairly divided between Obama and McCain - but McCain won.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 12:01 am
@mags314772,
I ended up with Obama, but then I could have projected that.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 12:28 am
McCain. No real surprise.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 12:40 am
Obama 10>3

Because of the influance of American politics on the rest of the world Americans who dont vote should have their votes given to foreign countries.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 04:03 am
Obama, but I agreed with McCain on the economy and immigration. Shocked
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 05:19 am
I thought that some of the choice of quotes were silly. It seems like the maker of the quiz was trying to blur the distinctions between the candidates (perhaps because they were trying to make it harder to guess whose was whose).

The quiz told me to vote for Obama anyway... but I don't think is a very good quiz.
sozobe

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 06:57 am
@ebrown p,
I had the same reaction, ebrown.

(Also told me to vote for Obama.)
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 08:12 am
Not surprised - Obama on 12 out of 13 questions.

Even so I'll join the chorus saying this quiz isnt very good. The choice of quotes seemed more focused on catching you by surprise (oh, really, did he say that? gosh, I wouldnt have expected that from a Democrat/Republican) than on best representing the candidate's overall position on an issue.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 09:40 am
I thought it was an excellent quiz to display the subtleties of political rhetoric and to see how people react to those subtleties. Sometimes a minor detail in emphasis or the words used to describe it makes all the difference. I started the quiz with the expectation that it was intended to trip you up and choose the different guy. It didn't. I still came down on the side of McCain even though I think some of his views are really wrong.
mags314772

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 10:14 am
@Foxfyre,
although it seems that some of the quotes were chosen to trip you up, I think the quiz on the whole was an interesting experiment in the nuances of political statements.
Foxfyre

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 10:22 am
@mags314772,
I agree Mags. And too often, I think we are influenced by such nuances rather than do the hard work of figuring out whether the ideas within the rhetoric are good ones, bad ones, practical ones, possible ones, etc.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 11:07 am
Basic reality...

Sarah Palin is the only person in this picture you could call a Republican and she represents the populist wing of the pubbie party.

John McCain, Rudy Giuliani, Joe Lieberman, Lyn DeRothschild and all these other people are 1950s democrats, and they're all basically saying the same thing, i.e. that the democrat party as it is presently constituted has basically gone rogue and is out of touch with the American public, and that Barrack Obama is utterly unqualified to be president.

That's the choice. You either believe these people, or you believe Obama, Ayres, Devlin, Rezko, Wright, and that crowd.
0 Replies

Rayvatrap

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 12:56 pm
@mags314772,
Obama 12 to 1!
But even if it would have turn out to be the opposite, I'm dropping it for Obama!
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 03:19 pm
@saab,
Among the two dolls.
The worst dolls will win, not because of the best system but because of disinformation of the press.

only risky people will cross the streets to choose one among the two available
dazling dolls.

Still I can swallow a doll which expose the American Dreams.

0 Replies