NRA Releases Anti-Obama Ads

oralloy

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2020 10:26 am
NRA Launches anti-Biden attack ads

https://twitter.com/NRA/status/1296861863288995841

You might need to unmute the video in the tweet in order to hear the audio of the ad.
hightor

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2020 10:33 am
@oralloy,
Who cares what the corrupt NRA says? Wayne Robert LaPierre ruined the gun safety group and turned it into his own personal cash cow. Pox on him.
oralloy

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2020 10:36 am
@hightor,
Three cheers for Mr. LaPierre for helping Mr. Trump protect America from the progressive menace!

Hip hip hooray!

Hip hip hooray!

Hip hip hooray!
RABEL222

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2020 12:37 pm
@oralloy,
You are so stupid I bet someone has to stand beside you and tell you breath in breath out or you would drop dead from asphyxia.
oralloy

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2020 03:57 pm
@RABEL222,
@RABEL222,
You are the only stupid person in this thread.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2020 04:14 pm
After the Executives in the NRA were found to be ripping off their members, it is pretty cool they have any money to run any ads.

The NRA is a joke.
farmerman

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2020 05:50 pm
@maxdancona,
before it became an arm of the conservative right. NRA was a really professional org devoted to sport hunting, gun safety and weapons. NOW, due it being run by embezzlers , it should be losing credibility even among the single issue gun nuts and militias.

Ollie North was being honorable and now watch how the Trumpies will b dumping him under the bus with their favorite weapons, lies and disinformation.

oralloy

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2020 10:12 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
After the Executives in the NRA were found to be ripping off their members,

Hardly.

maxdancona wrote:
it is pretty cool they have any money to run any ads.

I can only speak for Michigan, but I've seen the ad quite a bit here in Michigan.

Joe Biden really does want to harm the American people.

maxdancona wrote:
The NRA is a joke.

Progressives hate civil liberties, and they hate groups that defend civil liberties.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2020 10:13 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
NOW, due it being run by embezzlers,

Hardly.

farmerman wrote:
it should be losing credibility even among the single issue gun nuts and militias.

The freedom haters would like that if America abandoned our civil liberties.

But no. America is not going to do that.

farmerman wrote:
their favorite weapons, lies and disinformation.

It's progressives, not conservatives, who resort to such tactics.
farmerman

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2020 12:58 am
@oralloy,
youve obviously ingested too much of your kool-aid.
Of course there is always the issue of "presumed innocence"> Is that the basis on which youve based your response?
Suppose Mr La Pierre and the other defendants are found guilty, what would you say then??
oralloy

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2020 01:13 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
youve obviously ingested too much of your kool-aid.

You cannot point out any untrue statements in my posts.

farmerman wrote:
Of course there is always the issue of "presumed innocence"> Is that the basis on which youve based your response?

No.

The basis of my response is the fact that the NRA still does an excellent job of preventing you from violating people's civil liberties.

That is the job that they are supposed to be doing.

farmerman wrote:
Suppose Mr La Pierre and the other defendants are found guilty, what would you say then??

Guilty of what?

Off hand I suspect that I'd call it a violation of the First Amendment. However, I'd need to know details before I deliver a specific response.
farmerman

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2020 01:50 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
basis of my response is the fact that the NRA still does an excellent job of preventing you from violating people's civil liberties.
s

I suppose youve been inured to criminality in your leadership so you're quick to dismiss anything that suggests your heros are crooks . What the hell even Al Capone handed out Thanksgiving turkeys to the poor
oralloy

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2020 01:53 am
@farmerman,
It's pretty obvious that the claims of supposed criminality are just another progressive attempt to undermine America's civil liberties.
farmerman

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2020 02:24 am
@oralloy,
Youre totally uninformed again, I see. This was brought from inside NRA.
I really mi the old NRA which presumed 2nd A status, nd was more interested in guns as tools and sporting instrumnts, not om dumass symbol for toays cellar dwelling deebs ascending ome platform.

Hey did you gt a load of those fatass gun toting Michigan Maga hanky heads? The only right they should be concerned with are their right to lose all that pizza poundage. These your "saviours of freedom"?

Tell em to run few clicks a day fully accoutered like waiters in A Jolly Roger restaurant.

They claimed they are "highly trained" I dont think any of m could do ten meters without goin into cardiac arrest due to all the lasagna nd cannolis
oralloy

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2020 02:35 am
@farmerman,
I've no idea who you are talking about, but it's clear that you are engaging in childish name-calling because you are incapable of saying anything intelligent.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2020 04:28 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
The basis of my response is the fact that the NRA still does an excellent job of preventing you from violating people's civil liberties.

Even their own members don't agree with your assessment.

How many gun owners belong to the NRA? Not as many as you’d think
By Metro

Although the National Rifle Association is often referred to as a monolithic force, less than 10 percent of gun owners belong to the NRA, and the organization does not necessarily reflect their views. So how many gun owners belong to the NRA?

The NRA claims it has five million members, according to the Washington Post (which notes that number may be inflated). That’s between 6 to 7 percent of the total number of gun owners nationwide: Between 73 million and 81 million gun owners do not belong to the NRA.

Overall, about 43 percent of Americans overall have a favorable view of the organization. But surveys indicate that the NRA doesn’t speak with one voice for all gun owners. A 2013 Pew Research Center study found that both NRA members (74 percent) and non-members (83 percent) favor background checks at gun shows and private sales, even though the NRA officially opposes it.

The NRA is also opposed to a ban on assault-style weapons, but 51 percent of non-NRA gun owners support it. Even one-third of NRA members support the ban.

Other studies show that gun owners strongly support more gun-safety regulations, including a federal database of gun sales, banning people convicted of domestic violence from owning guns and prohibiting ownership by those with a mental illness.

It’s a far cry from the unyielding positions taken by NRA officials in the aftermath of the high-school shooting in Parkland, Florida, on Feb. 14.

“Taken as a whole, these numbers indicate that there’s a large and largely silent majority of gun owners who find themselves at odds with the NRA on key gun policy issues. And even within the NRA, plenty of members disagree with the organization’s stated policy positions,” writes Christopher Ingraham in the Post. “This silent majority has been locked out of the gun control debate, on the one hand by gun control advocates who paint gun owners in broad brushstrokes, and on the other by the more extreme elements within the NRA.”

https://www.metro.us/how-many-gun-owners-belong-to-the-nra-not-as-many-as-youd-think/

oralloy

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2020 06:12 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
Even their own members don't agree with your assessment.

When someone disagrees with reality, it's not reality that is wrong.

neptuneblue wrote:
It’s a far cry from the unyielding positions taken by NRA officials in the aftermath of the high-school shooting in Parkland, Florida, on Feb. 14.

When you hear a person describe moderates like the NRA as unyielding, that's a sure sign that you're listening to an extremist.
neptuneblue

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2020 06:38 am
@oralloy,
Considering you excerpted from the article and attributed to me, I'd say you don't have reading skills that's a sure sign of anything but your dementia.
oralloy

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2020 07:05 am
@neptuneblue,
You cannot point out anything untrue in my posts.

You just engage in childish name-calling because you are not capable of producing an intelligent argument.

The lack of an ability to produce an intelligent argument is a common malady among progressives.
neptuneblue

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2020 07:11 am
@oralloy,
I posted the truth - you were wrong to attribute an excerpt from an article to me. Maybe it's sheer laziness on your part or maybe you just don't know how to copy and paste correctly.

In either case, it doesn't bode well for you.