NRA Releases Anti-Obama Ads

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 01:54 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

Maporsche, face it. There's no evidence to support the idea that Obama wants to ban your guns.

HOW can you say this? NO evidence? Really? His voting record, his statments on various types of gun bans....what they just don't count anymore?

I own a hand gun, a shot gun, and an "assault rifle"....there are positions that Obama has taken in favor of banning 2 of the 3 types of guns I own. I'm sure I can find something for the shotgun too if I look hard enough.

And a ban isn't the only thing I'm afraid of; how about increased taxes on ammo/firearms, severe restrictions on ownership, more burden on gun owners (trigger locks and all that garbage).

Yeah, trigger locks, how dare we save kids lives! Damn those liberals!

Maporsche, perhaps you could provide some links to his record, instead of assertions.

Cycloptichorn
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 01:55 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
David, you are the one forwarding the argument; the burden lies upon YOU to present factual information to back it up, not on the other person to disprove your lies. Nobody takes you seriously on A2K, in large part b/c you refuse to do even basic research or link to evidence when you post.

Cycloptichorn
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 01:56 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

Are you out of your mind? A ban on all guns, passed in the Senate? How can you think such a thing would ever happen? And it isn't even Constitutional to do so; the recent SC ruling proves that.

A minor problem here; justices are appointed by the president, and Heller was decided by one vote.

Sure; but there would have to be another case brought forward, a change to the interpretation of the law, for such a thing to pass. Congress can't just decide to ban guns and violate the Constitution, as was stated earlier in the thread.

Cycloptichorn
maporsche

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 02:01 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Trigger locks in my house, where there are no children, should not be mandated. Even if I had children it should not be mandated.

As far as my assertions...here you go, plenty to read http://www.ontheissues.org/2008/Barack_Obama_Gun_Control.htm.

Obama is quoted as being in favor of certain types of gun bans (specifically handguns, like in his beloved Chicago, where I live)

Obama is quoted as being in favor of renewing the "assault weapons" ban (remember, I own one of these, so he is targeting ME specifically).

Any other way I can oblige you?
maporsche

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 02:05 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
"Sure"....aren't you the one telling me that it's because of the presidents likelihood to pick SC judges this election that I shoud be voting for Obama. If your rebuttal here is supposed to be enough to quell my concerns about Obama and gun control, then the same statement should also be enough to quell anyone's concerns about abortion right?

I care more about gun control than I do about abortion.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 02:10 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
David, you are the one forwarding the argument; the burden lies upon YOU to present factual information to back it up, not on the other person to disprove your lies. Nobody takes you seriously on A2K, in large part b/c you refuse to do even basic research or link to evidence when you post.

Cycloptichorn

You know this from "basic research",
because u took a SURVEY of everyone on A2K
and got a unanimous response that, per chance, co-incides with your opinion.

This is typical of the trash that issues from u.
You are a FAKE -- an imposter.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 02:12 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
"Sure"....aren't you the one telling me that it's because of the presidents likelihood to pick SC judges this election that I shoud be voting for Obama. If your rebuttal here is supposed to be enough to quell my concerns about Obama and gun control, then the same statement should also be enough to quell anyone's concerns about abortion right?

I care more about gun control than I do about abortion.

I JOIN in that

David
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 02:20 pm
@maporsche,
Okay, I read that link, and I'd like to know which specifics you have a problem with; as none of the things listed really match up, other than the 1998 survey which he claims didn't reflect his views.

Quote:

Obama is quoted as being in favor of certain types of gun bans (specifically handguns, like in his beloved Chicago, where I live)

No, he has been quoted as being in favor of allowing states to pass laws in their jurisdictions limiting rights. And that's perfectly appropriate. The analogy he used - zoning laws - was fair.

As for trigger locks, he has never voted to make them mandatory, but instead supported a vote to make them included along with a gun purchase.

Face it - you know Obama's not going to ban your guns. You know that he wouldn't even be able to if he tried. So why all this drama? I suspect it's b/c he beat your preferred candidate in the primary, and you're still holding on to some resentment against him b/c of that.

Cycloptichorn
parados

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 02:28 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:

As far as my assertions...here you go, plenty to read http://www.ontheissues.org/2008/Barack_Obama_Gun_Control.htm.

Not so interesting reading.. But I have seen 404 error pages before and this one like every 404 page I have seen before doesn't say anything about Obama's position on guns.

Of course you do realize that McCain is targeting you as a gun owner, don't you maporsche?
Quote:
McCain favors outlawing cheaply made handguns called Saturday night specials, and favors mandating safety locks on certain guns

McCain said he was open to voting for an assault weapon ban, depending on the details.

http://www.ontheissues.org/domestic/John_McCain_Gun_Control.htm
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 02:29 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Obama said he'll protect the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution, but some people would rather create issues from their imagination and apply them to Obama. Fear works for conservatives.
roger

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 02:36 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Yes, congress can. Then, and after great expense, the Supreme Court might decide to hear the case. We are now back to wondering who appoints the justices.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 02:42 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Well I disagree that ANY jurisdiction (state, city, township, etc) should have the ability to ban guns (of pretty much any type).

And besides, who knows what laws Congress might try to pass (read my earlier post regarding extreme taxes, etc).

Obama certainly is not a friend of gun owners....you have to at least admit to that.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 02:44 pm
@parados,
Notice all the VOTES agains gun control that McCain has though. They far outweigh his statements.

I sure wish Obama had more VOTES on some key issues, so I could feel more comfortable about his statements.
maporsche

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 02:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
He'll protect HIS INTERPRETATION of the 2nd amendment......not mine.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 02:56 pm
@maporsche,
You're just showing are radical you are. There's only "one" interpretation to the 2nd amendment. "...to bear arms..."
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 02:59 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Re: Cycloptichorn(Post 3411888)
Obama said he'll protect the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution,
but some people would rather create issues from their
imagination and apply them to Obama. Fear works for conservatives.

Its that he is OBVIOUSLY lying,
and insulting our intelligences about it.

Sometimes HYPOCRISY is very ez to observe.
Compare n contrast Obama and Condi Rice qua the 2A.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 03:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
You're just showing are radical you are.
There's only "one" interpretation to the 2nd amendment. "...to bear arms..."

He is merely pointing out
that, if he had the chance, Obama woud RATIONALIZE
his efforts to subvert the Bill of Rights.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 03:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I am not radical.

And the gun debate that has been going on for the better part of the last 50 years says that there are multiple interpretations of the 2nd amendment.

Please reference the contorversy over the word militia.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 03:09 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
Notice all the VOTES agains gun control that McCain has though.
They far outweigh his statements.

It seems to me that McCain is a guy who supports, nurtures
n fights for his pet projects (the most notable being "campaign finance reform")
but I suspect that he kinda LIKES the 2nd Amendment.
Therefore, it will largely be safely entrusted to his keeping.

David
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 06:04 pm
@maporsche,
Ahem Mr. Maporsche, your presence is required HERE:
http://able2know.org/topic/121781-17#post-3411901
to make your Week 4 Football picks.

Anybody else is welcome to join us in making silly
picks there too.

(Please excuse the interruption folks, but without PMs its the only way we can catch up with our errant members.)

I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.