Supporting Our Troops-Conservative Style

Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2008 12:33 pm
@JTT,
A country which sent the innocent( ignorant9 ill-equiped persons to support the cause of corporate interest is a country which does not deserve the respect of any other countrya.
USA deoes not deserve any poor countries attention.
0 Replies

Woiyo9

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 06:33 am
@JTT,
Viet Nam. How about you?
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 09:35 am
@Woiyo9,
God Bless for serving in that idiocy.... but how can someone who no doubt witnessed countless horrors and saw people killed by the truckload in a useless stupid, non productive war that made the USA no safer, richer, happier, healthier after than it was before... be so militantly defensive of this current cluster ****? Can one wrap any goddam thing in red white and blue bunting and cue the Lee Greenwood and get your peckers up?
Woiyo9

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 10:19 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Then you have not been listening to me rant about the tactical screw up by the Bush administration regarding the Iran War and current police action.

What I learned from Viet Nam was how NOT to fight a war.

Apparently, GW did not learn the same lessons I did.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 11:02 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/stevetheq/flag-draped-coffins-airplane.jpg

If your argument is that battlefield deaths alone are a reason why we shouldn't have war, then it applies equally to every war, including the Revolutionary War and World War 2. Are you saying that liberals are more correct than conservatives because they oppose going to war in general? The only way to avoid battlefied fatalities is never to fight wars, which is actually not a good foreign policy.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 11:07 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/stevetheq/flag-draped-coffins-airplane.jpg

If your argument is that battlefield deaths alone are a reason why we shouldn't have war, then it applies equally to every war, including the Revolutionary War and World War 2. Are you saying that liberals are more correct than conservatives because they oppose going to war in general? The only way to avoid battlefied fatalities is never to fight wars, which is actually not a good foreign policy.

The way to avoid casualties is to only go to war when absolutely necessary. Iraq was a war of choice, not a necessary one.

Cycloptichorn
JTT

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 12:31 pm
@Woiyo9,
Quote:
With my blood that I shared on the battlefield with them when I served my country.

Quote:
Viet Nam.

You would have served your country in a much better fashion by refusing to be inducted. When a country illegally invades another sovereign country, a moral person has a responsibility to not support it.

dyslexia

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 12:33 pm
@JTT,
I'm so immoral that I enlisted.
0 Replies

Woiyo9

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 12:38 pm
@JTT,
I am not interested in you opinion you pussy.

Go thank a soldier for giving you the freedom to be the asshole you are.
dyslexia

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 12:45 pm
@Woiyo9,
you appear to be suffering from testicular poisoning.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 01:00 pm
@Woiyo9,
Quote:
Go thank a soldier for giving you the freedom to be ...

A old worthless canard, Woiyo that they use to dupe gullible young people. There are many many countries that enjoy all the freedoms that those in the US have without the slaughter of their young or the innocents of other countries.
Woiyo9

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 01:16 pm
@JTT,
Than move there you pussy.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 01:18 pm
@Woiyo9,
Did you learn a new word, Woyia?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 01:23 pm
@Woiyo9,
Quote:
Than[sic] move there you pussy.

I'm happy where I am and there's no need to move anywhere, Woiyo. Another one of your cherished little mantras falls flat and you don't even have the brains necessary to know when to shut up.
JTT

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 04:08 pm
@Woiyo9,
Quote:
Than[sic] move there you pussy.

That's yet another stupid mantra, Woiyo.

Criticism of one's country entails that a person should/must leave that country. Now that's freedom of speech!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 04:42 pm
@Woiyo9,
you are what you eat.... so stop being a dick.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 05:43 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

The way to avoid casualties is to only go to war when absolutely necessary. Iraq was a war of choice, not a necessary one.

Cycloptichorn

Not if one believed that Saddam Hussein had merely taken his previous WMD R & D programs further underground. I don't really feel like putting ultimate power to kill in the hands of an amoral madman.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 05:47 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:

Not if one believed that Saddam Hussein had merely taken his previous WMD R & D programs further underground. I don't really feel like putting ultimate power to kill in the hands of an amoral madman.

'Ultimate power?' It's not like he had a bomb which could end existence as we know it, Brandon. Enough with the exaggerations.

At the end of the day, what you are 'comfortable' with is immaterial really; Iraq was a war of choice, not a duty that was thrust upon us by events. The casualties resulting from it were unnecessary.

Cycloptichorn
JTT

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 05:48 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
I don't really feel like putting ultimate power to kill in the hands of an amoral madman.

Then why oh why did you vote for Bush, twice!
Brandon9000

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 04:41 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Quote:

'Ultimate power?' It's not like he had a bomb which could end existence as we know it, Brandon. Enough with the exaggerations.

At the end of the day, what you are 'comfortable' with is immaterial really; Iraq was a war of choice, not a duty that was thrust upon us by events. The casualties resulting from it were unnecessary.

Cycloptichorn

Only if one believes that all defense is immoral unless one is attacked on one's own soil. Saddam Hussein was in violation of his peace treaty from the Gulf War, and appeared to be developing weapons so powerful that one use of one could obliterate half a million people in a few seconds. Only a fool would sit by and make endless hollow warnings year after year, right up to the point that he announced possession of the WMD or used one.
0 Replies