Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 03:03 am
Nothing too crazy to report this week in poker. My play was pretty standard. The big news was a guy who bought in for $40, and had to be sitting around $200. Towards the end of the night he announced he was leaving in a half hour, and jokingly stated that we would have to take our money from him before then. He proceeded to make questionable (at best) calls 3 different times someone went all in, and so he ended up going home broke.

I actually had to rebuy tonight, first time that happened in a while. I ended up being pretty lucky when there were only 3 of us left. I wasn't catching great cards, but I was getting flops that were easy to bluff into, and catching pairs when I needed them. I ended up leaving with $114, up $34. It's not nearly as big as what I've been taking home lately, but at one point I was down about $60, and didn't know if I would be able to get back up, so I'm happy.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,316 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 09:26 am
@Nick Ashley,
Nick Ashley wrote:
Towards the end of the night he announced he was leaving in a half hour, and jokingly stated that we would have to take our money from him before then. He proceeded to make questionable (at best) calls 3 different times someone went all in, and so he ended up going home broke.

Did you tell him he's doing it wrong? When you announce that, you are supposed to go so tight you could crack walnuts with your buttocks and just pick off the people gunning for you.
0 Replies