jespah

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 02:25 pm
@Foxfyre,
First words are often things like a, an, the, what, where, who, why, when and how. I assume you don't mean those for the tags.

Really, this is not a good thing to be done programmatically. It's better if it's done by actual humanoids.
Tryagain

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 05:07 pm
@jespah,
A most interesting digression;

I have a great aunt who is currently living alone, but can only manage to do so because she has regular support from family members, and won't be able to manage for much longer. She isn't eating as much as she probably needs because of a lack of appetite. It's becoming more and more difficult for her to get up and walk to the refrigerator to get more food or a relatively calorie rich Slimfast shake.

A robot capable of bringing her food and diet shakes from the refrigerator would make it much easier for her to ingest the calories she needs. That would help her maintain her health and her independence for substantially longer than she would be able to otherwise.

So, yes. The important thing isn't the beer, but the fact that a robot can retrieve items from the refrigerator. This task is very critical for a number of people suffering from disabilities, age-related or not.

I am sure actual humanoids have a place behind the scenes of A2K; but I say ‘bring on the bots!’
0 Replies

TilleyWink

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 06:02 pm
@TTH,
Thank you TTH things are working better for me now.
0 Replies