Dog Dials 911 When Owner Has Seizure

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2008 09:54 am
Dog Dials 911 When Owner Has Seizure
...and this isn't the first time it has happened. Apparently the address is flagged in the system that a trained dog can call 911, so that operators know its not a prank or something.

From the Article...
Quote:
Clark said Stalnaker adopted Buddy at the age of 8 weeks from Michigan-based Paws with a Cause, which trains assistance dogs, and trained him to get the phone if he began to have seizure symptoms. Buddy, now 18 months old, is able press programmed buttons until a 911 operator is on the line, Clark said.

My dog would probably just start biting at my arms thinking I wanted to play.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 2,329 • Replies: 6

jespah

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2008 03:36 pm
Dang, Buddy's an amazing pooch.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2008 03:40 pm
@Nick Ashley,
I saw this story on the news and it made me smile. The 911 tape recorded 4 barks and the newscaster said he understood the dog since the dog spoke German.
jespah

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2008 04:00 pm
@TTH,
Must be the accent. Smile
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2008 05:53 pm
@TTH,
Quote:
Re: Nick Ashley(Post 3402615)
I saw this story on the news and it made me smile. The 911 tape recorded 4 barks and the newscaster said he understood the dog since the dog spoke German.

Yeah, I also had a German Shepherd
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 12:27 pm
@TTH,
really thats amazing

I had a cat once who spoke japanese

it might have been pekinese

or siamese

anywho made no sense whatsoever to me. All cats talk shite imho.
TTH

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 04:01 pm
@Steve 41oo,
Well I guess you haven't met the right cat then. People should give cats more credit. My first cat was extremely smart and I trained him. It took me quite awhile to get over that cat. Actually I am still not over him. In 1996, when it came down to putting him to sleep, I held him and talked to him as the vet. made the injection. As much as it hurt me to do that, I knew I had to be there to comfort him. I had him cremated and I have his urn. It is in my will that he be buried with me. I still miss him, but smile knowing I gave him a good home.
0 Replies