Advice On A BIG Cat Problem

DrewDad

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 10:25 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
And only listen to his music if the guitar has steel strings.
0 Replies

theollady

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 07:24 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar, I'd like to know if you succeeded in getting the kitty accustomed to a litter box. I have enjoyed reading the comments--- and I would LOVE to hear of a good resolution. I LOVE having a cat.

(but cat waste is next to skunk in distateful smell yechhhhhhh.)
shewolfnm

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 07:27 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

That's the kind of logic that caused people to sue heavy meatl bands because their kids went on shooting sprees.

I cut myself because Ozzy said so.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 07:34 am
@theollady,
I'm the first one up this morning and ...

HURRAY!!!! There is poop in the litter box behind the tv!

I think it is too small to belong to Puss 1, so it looks like this might be working! Maybe she read this thread last night?
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 08:02 am
@theollady,
so far so good... I'm pleased this is a really cute little cat only 8 weeks old... Big Puss and she are just getting playful together after 5 days... now this week to the vet for first round of shots ...
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 08:03 am
@squinney,
I'm so glad... if I had to throw her off the balcony one more time... my rotator cuff is sore....
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 09:50 am
@squinney,
squinney wrote:

I'm the first one up this morning and ...

HURRAY!!!! There is poop in the litter box behind the tv!

I think it is too small to belong to Puss 1, so it looks like this might be working! Maybe she read this thread last night?

See? Smile

Once she is using it regularly, start moving it gradually until you get it into the kitty's bathroom.

Or if you want to speed up that process, with a bit of her poop/pee in the box move her and the box and big kitty into the kitty's room with food, water, bedding etc. placed as far away from the litter box as possible. Be sure to place her in the litter box a couple of times before you close the door. (As bear said the cat will claw under the door, put down something on the floor he can't damage for the duration.)

This should require only one night and your problem should be solved. (Later you can move some of her 'scented' cat litter into big kitty's litter box and you can probably persuade her to use that and get back to one box.)

Fox (been there done that many times) fyre
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 10:48 am
Those office-chair floor-protector things work well against claws...

http://www.jwodcatalog.com/imgLg/7220014710913.jpg
Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 12:23 pm
@patiodog,
what big cat? I see no big cat
Foxfyre

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 12:34 pm
@Steve 41oo,
Here ya go
http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/graphics/bigcat02_small.jpg

(Snopes says this is the real deal. http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/bigcat2.asp)

It was captioned: Why you shouldn't feed your cat table scraps.
shewolfnm

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 12:46 pm
@Steve 41oo,
Steve 41oo wrote:

what big cat? I see no big cat

Fkn Meow..
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 01:44 pm
@Foxfyre,
wow thats a big green meow machine
Arella Mae

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 03:33 pm
@Steve 41oo,
I just saw this thread and I didn't read the whole thing so I might be duplicating someone else's advice.

Some cats refuse to share a litterbox. Nothing you try will make them share if they don't want to. Best to give the kitten a box all his own. Sometimes you have to try different litters because the texture and smells of the different litters can cause a cat to not use the litter box.

The whole time I have had my cat shelter I can think of only two cats that refused to share a litterbox. One lived on my entertainment center and the other lived on the refrigerator.
0 Replies