Up $45 and a Modem!

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 03:14 am
Quite a night tonight. When my wife went to unplug her laptop power supply, she accidentally unplugged the modem as well. Somehow in the process it fried. I actually was going to work tonight instead of play poker, but without internet, what do you do Wink

I was up about $40 or so when one of our regulars (the best competition I have, but he would be even more of a threat if he was less aggressive) arrive, with 3 of his drunk friends. Way to bring money at the table. At this point, I assumed it would be a late night, and that I would leave with some money. I was correct.

What followed was a bunch of drunken plays, too many bluffs, etc. Like the guy who had absolutely nothing, and tried to bluff a $25 pot by betting $1 on the river. I haven't been around drunk people in a long time, and I was actually enjoying myself. It livened everyone up, so there was more table chatter, funny stories, etc. That, and I was winning.

I played fairly decent, am proud of myself for calling with pocket 5s when the table had 5 overs, and a straight possibility, because the betting pattern just didn't make sense to me. I was right.

At any rate, left the night with $155. My buy in was $40, leaving me with $115. Then I went to Wal-Mart and bought a new cable modem for $70. You don't realize how big wal-marts are, until you are dead tired, and judging by the parking lot, one of about 5 customers in the store.

Well that was my night, I'm going to bed.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,880 • Replies: 2
No top replies

JPB

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 05:57 am
@Nick Ashley,
g'night, Nick.

Thanks for my first smile of the day.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 09:13 am
@Nick Ashley,
And here I thought you tricked the host into betting his modem...
0 Replies