Re: Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 11:39 am
I think it's cool that robert, aka craven, aka who else, liberated from being the only final word from hamster land is posting such a varied amount of stuff as he pleases. I find it all to be very cool.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 16 • Views: 4,780 • Replies: 49

mismi

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 11:43 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I had no idea
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 11:49 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I agree.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 12:00 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Don't want to sound jaded, but it is to Robert's advantage to attract more members to A2K by creating all sorts of topics that will attract many different kinds of people.

If it were up to many of the present members, A2K would be predominantly about the election. Personally, I am bored to tears by people (of all political persuasions) slinging mud all over the site.

All I know is that I have one vote, which I will cast. I am beyond arguing with people over every little thing that is happening during the election season.

Over the last few weeks I have become acutely aware of the magnitude of the loss that we all have experienced by the death of Noddy. She was an integral part of this forum, and was the voice of reason in what is sometimes a sea of irrationality.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 12:08 pm
@Phoenix32890,
have a drink and loosen up.
Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 12:13 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi- You would be very surprised to see how loose this old broad gets after downing a couple! Drunk
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 12:23 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
So stipulated, assuming the accuracy of the assertion.

David
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 01:30 pm
I'm with Phoenix on this one.

I can't abide the politics stuff and Robert's posts have been a great way to spend time on A2K without listening in to all the nonsense.

And Noddy's absence has made me not want to talk about things I usually want/need to talk about. I really miss her.
mismi

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 01:44 pm
@boomerang,
I agree Boomerang.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 04:01 pm
@Phoenix32890,
I agree...but still think he needs more drugs.

I have this tragic image of him sitting there in front of his computer in a robotic frenzy, searching...posting, searching...posting...endlessly...
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 04:05 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Phoenix32890 wrote:

Don't want to sound jaded, but it is to Robert's advantage to attract more members to A2K by creating all sorts of topics that will attract many different kinds of people.

That's been my thought, too.
Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 04:17 pm
@DrewDad,
You guys are overthinking things. It's not about politics, it's not about the site and it's just my bookmarks. I don't use my browser bookmarks because I don't want all that data on one browser or computer. So I've been using social bookmarking for years. That way my stuff is available on any internet-connected computer.

Because this site will eventually have a article/url sharing topic type I've just moved my activity on other social bookmarking sites like delicious.com to here. It'll all make more sense when you see the new topic types and the social bookmarking features.

I wish more of you guys would post interesting stuff you guys find one the web in the format I do. The full article copy pasters are annoying but I'd be interested in people writing up short neat topics to help me discover more interesting websites and articles.
dyslexia

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 04:17 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Quote:
If it were up to many of the present members, A2K would be predominantly about the election. Personally, I am bored to tears by people (of all political persuasions) slinging mud all over the site.

absolutely
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 04:19 pm
@Robert Gentel,
And now I'm voting this down because I'd rather see the interesting stuff, and I'm not interesting to me.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 04:48 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Quote:

If it were up to many of the present members,
A2K would be predominantly about the election.
Personally, I am bored to tears by people
(of all political persuasions) slinging mud all over the site.

All I know is that I have one vote, which I will cast.
I am beyond arguing with people over every little thing
that is happening during the election season.

I agree with this point of vu.
Altho, for years, I have disliked McCain, I liked his pro-freedom acceptance speech
and I am thrilled by his choice of a libertarian Republican VP,
as unfortunate as it is that she has deviated from libertarianism
by her opposition to freedom of abortion; not to trivialize that error,
but I will accept her libertarianism, on balance, as being tremendously better
than the anti-freedom liberalism of the opposition.
Hence, I intend to vote for McCain and Sarah Palin.
Just as I prefer Cheney over W, so also, I prefer Sarah over McCaine.

Anyway, I do not expect to spend a lot of time n effort beating the drum on this issue
here (nor elsewhere). My comments on the election will be sporadic and short.

David
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 05:30 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

And now I'm voting this down because I'd rather see the interesting stuff, and I'm not interesting to me.

Nonsense.

You are a subject of endless fascination to yourself...just as everyone is to themselves.

As you ought to be, as you are an original, unique individual....

just like everybody else, they chorus.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 05:38 pm
FWIW, I am enjoying seeing RG post away for the opportunity to feel closer to knowing him a bit.

He has an interesting sense of humor, and is deciding to share some of that with the community.

Good on him...
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 06:21 pm
You try to say some simple yet sincere little thing.... next thing ya know Cecil B. DeMille jumps in...
farmerman

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 07:11 pm
So you are saying that the R Gentel is really Craven? Hmm , I thought he was Reyn, since hes partially taken up Reyns tastes for posting very weird news topics.

BTW, seems theyve created a "black hole" with the LHC. Tomorrow I go and put a down payment on a LAmborghini, and buy one a them Tag Heuer watches over the innernet. DAYUM
Rockhead

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 07:13 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bear, your ugly, and you have no fashion sense...