Palin's Gaffes thread

JTT

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 09:15 pm
Sarah Palin, a real lightweight, brought on board to help a seriously confused McCain is really not going to be much help.

Quote:

Palin Makes Her First Gaffe

Sam Stein

Gov. Sarah Palin made her first potentially major gaffe during her time on the national scene while discussing the developments of the perilous housing market this past weekend.

Speaking before voters in Colorado Springs, the Republican vice presidential nominee claimed that lending giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac had "gotten too big and too expensive to the taxpayers."

"You would like to think that someone who is going to be vice president and conceivable president would know what Fannie and Freddie do," said Dean Baker, co-director of the Center for Economic and Policy Research. "These are huge institutions and they are absolutely central to our country's mortgage debt. To not have a clue what they do doesn't speak well for her, I'd say."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/08/palin-makes-her-first-gaf_n_124792.html

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,525 • Replies: 12
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 09:24 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Sarah Palin, a real lightweight...

Democrat Desperation.

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 09:32 pm
That's only the first gaffe by Palin. More will be forthcoming as she opens her mouth, because she's a big mouth who really doesn't understand economics, national, or international issues. Just give her time to string herself up on the hanging rope. It'll be fun to watch.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 09:34 pm
@cicerone imposter,
And talk about republican desperation, they've picked a loser who's going to prove herself a loser to not only Americans but to the world. Like I said, it's going to be fun to watch.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 09:42 pm
With all respect... I don't think this is a helpful thread.

Sarah Palin is a skilled politician. The Obama campaign is not going to underestimate her. She has political experience (which includes a record) that is fair game as an election issue.

Sarah Palin is a skilled politician who represents more of the same old politics.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 09:57 pm
@ebrown p,
ebrown, I disagree; she loving this national attention, and there is no way her handlers can cover every subject that will come up during her speeches and interviews. She's open target like a babe in the woods, because a) she accepted this nomination which allows us to learn more about who she is, and b) she's already shown that her flip flop and lies have been revealed. We're just going to see more of the same. Even conservative women have questions about her qualifications; that's a good sign.
ebrown p

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 10:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Cicerone.... read you own post.

It is not exactly clear what you meant by your metaphor. But, whether you are invoking an image of shooting infants, or sexual stereotypes, I don't think this the way the Obama campaign wants to be portrayed.

Listen carefully... Sarah Palin is a skilled politician.

Once you accept this, then it is perfectly acceptable (and profitable) for you to confront her on her policies and her political past.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 10:27 pm
@ebrown p,
Most of the media people and legislators in Alaska would rate her in the teens or in the twenties which goes to show that people who have followed her politics understand her more than the general population. If that's "skilled politician," then we have much more to worry about then the next election.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 04:51 am
@cicerone imposter,
Obama’s ‘My Muslim Faith’ Gaffe
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 05:55 am
Yes CI, she will make gaffes. In that respect she is no different than McCain, Obama (he of the 57 states) and Biden. Big deal. If a qualification for electoral office was a lack of gaffes, then we'd have nobody to vote for come election day.

Of course, maybe that would be a good thing.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 08:24 am
@JTT,
I'd tap it... two times!

I picked her as McCain's running mate six months ago, long before Johnny gave it much thought.

She sure has the left in an uncontrollable fit. It's damn funny to watch (and no, I won't piss on you if you set yourself on fire).
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 02:06 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

JTT wrote:

Sarah Palin, a real lightweight...

Democrat Desperation.

Sarah Palin, a real heavyweight...

Republican Delusion.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz